Pre split games

Ginger Bakers rebel army

No more old firm for us pre split.

However of the teams below us Well and Killie have both got 2 games to play against the OF and County and Utd 1 each.

Of the teams above Fake saints and  Hibs 2 each and Don's and Livi 1 each.

OF miles ahead just now and most teams just 8 games to go.

Every game pre split is crucial but great to have thd OF games out of the way.

1 hour ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

No more old firm for us pre split.

However of the teams below us Well and Killie have both got 2 games to play against the OF and County and Utd 1 each.

Of the teams above Fake saints and  Hibs 2 each and Don's and Livi 1 each.

OF miles ahead just now and most teams just 8 games to go.

Every game pre split is crucial but great to have thd OF games out of the way.

Not sure Rangers are miles ahead and think someone apart from Celtic could take points of them. County almost did yesterday.

10 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Not sure Rangers are miles ahead and think someone apart from Celtic could take points of them. County almost did yesterday.

As long as they can still catch Celtic their support will bd very demanding and I am hoping they hump everyone else.

On 2/5/2023 at 3:29 PM, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

As long as they can still catch Celtic their support will bd very demanding and I am hoping they hump everyone else.

Will be demanding? They are never anything but. 

Teams seem to be yoyoing more than usual this season but looks like Motherwell are in serious decline unless changes are made and I'd go for Killie or United for the play off place.  With the bigots out of the way we have a decent chance of top 6 if we have another of our good runs now. I expect a mid table finish whichever side of the line it is.

What's the average safety points to stay up. At the moment any one of bottom 6 could be drawn into it so I assume that means the points required to stay up will be lower than normal this season or will it be higher. Can't work that one out.

Still think if we play as we have been in last 3 or 4 games we could make top 6 before split .

13 minutes ago, Cagey said:

What's the average safety points to stay up. At the moment any one of bottom 6 could be drawn into it so I assume that means the points required to stay up will be lower than normal this season or will it be higher. Can't work that one out.

Still think if we play as we have been in last 3 or 4 games we could make top 6 before split .

I think the safety mark is usually around 36-38, but it was higher last season. By the end of last season we had 35 points and finished 11th. We would have needed 42 points to overtake Aberdeen and finish safely in 10th.

Last season we had 19 points from 25 games and were bottom of the league. After the same number of games this season we have 27 points and the team at the bottom has 20 points. So the points at the bottom are pretty similar this year but the difference is there are a few more teams scrapping down there whereas last year it was really just us and Dundee by this point.

35 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I think the safety mark is usually around 36-38, but it was higher last season. By the end of last season we had 35 points and finished 11th. We would have needed 42 points to overtake Aberdeen and finish safely in 10th.

Last season we had 19 points from 25 games and were bottom of the league. After the same number of games this season we have 27 points and the team at the bottom has 20 points. So the points at the bottom are pretty similar this year but the difference is there are a few more teams scrapping down there whereas last year it was really just us and Dundee by this point.

Hamilton stayed up in 17/18 and 18/19 with just 33 points.

Main thing is we keep winning , we could easily get well over 40 points and earn a substantial placement payment or it could all go tits up, I think we will be fine , Utd away is massive. Win that and they are not catching us.

On 2/8/2023 at 10:03 AM, Cagey said:

Positivity???