Killie vs Saints

saintgscot

I'm bored with the Davidon bashing so I'll stick to the game thread.

In spite of an awful first half performance we rallied and might have grabbed all three points. Whichever way you slice it that was a pivitol point earned on Saturday and we should be able to breathe a little easier.

I thought Rudden would start but I can understand Bair getting the nod in that he's bided his time. Rudden looked sharp and maybe there is a future for him in Perth. Good to see Spoony back but I always worry for our veterain players on these awful pitches.

In fairness I actually don’t have an issue with him at wing back, never going to be the best defensively but we’ve seen this season, and towards the end of Tommy Wright’s tenure, how effective he is in there.  However, for me, the James Brown versatility experiment has to stop. The odd game here and there we could probably get away with but to be doing it week after week and getting the same below-par performances from him is harmful to both club and player. It’s a shame because I do actually think there’s a player in there, if used correctly. You could count on one hand the number of times that’s been though. 

I just think we would have more an attacking threat with Wright further forward and a proper right back behind.

I would go.

Mathews.

Brown.        Mitchell          Considine.         Gallacher.

Wright.                 McPherson                  Phillips.              Montgomery

Rudden.               May 

12 minutes ago, Oldmuirton said:

I am really really bored with all the venom spewed out against Callum on this website. I think I will just stop reading it.

You might not want to read any source of online media that involves Saints also. Although I would argue that it isn't venom but criticism, if it is to you then I must ask if you have a vested interest in Davidson? 

53 minutes ago, Oldmuirton said:

I am really really bored with all the venom spewed out against Callum on this website. I think I will just stop reading it.

Think you have just opened up the subject again. At least 85% not happy the last time I looked at the poll.

15 hours ago, Cagey said:

That's not easy after watching Saints for 70 years it's not easy to walk away.

I just pray for the day that Davidson does that.

I've been going home and away since I was old enough to be allowed out alone pretty much. It used to be the highlight of my week, pretty much my main priority in life.

I just couldn't care less now. It's not that we're not winning as often, its the absolute certainty of the rinse and repeat formation and selection. The thought that, if we do score first, there's no chance we go and win 3/4-0. Just bleak football.

I'll probably be there on Saturday as I've got a season ticket, but if there's the the hint of an opportunity to do something else, I'll happily take it. Absolute sacrilege to the me of a few years ago.

5 hours ago, The Kinross Saint said:

I've been going home and away since I was old enough to be allowed out alone pretty much. It used to be the highlight of my week, pretty much my main priority in life.

I just couldn't care less now. It's not that we're not winning as often, its the absolute certainty of the rinse and repeat formation and selection. The thought that, if we do score first, there's no chance we go and win 3/4-0. Just bleak football.

I'll probably be there on Saturday as I've got a season ticket, but if there's the the hint of an opportunity to do something else, I'll happily take it. Absolute sacrilege to the me of a few years ago.

That is so sad, and isn’t an unusual attitude right now. Many of our more level headed fans are feeling this way. It’s such a shame that our club is eroding in the way it has been.