St Johnstone v Hibs moved to 16 Dec

Strawman

This makes no sense to me, leaves us with no home games over the festive period and 4 away games in a row.

I already thought the holiday fixtures were poor but now no home game at all.

Maybe I’m wrong but do we not get better crowds at these games, people that live elsewhere coming home for Xmas etc

I guess they thought it was more important to get extra prep/rest time ahead of the Dundee game than ahead of the Rangers game, and possibly it's also to give more of a New Year's break to players/staff. But yeah, as a fan it's really frustrating. A lot of people come back home at this time of year and try to catch a Saints game, and now they won't be able to. It's also a late change at a time of year when people's calendars fill up quickly (I know I'd already made plans around the December fixtures and now need to try and change them, I'm sure many others will be in the same boat).

Not sure how long Nicky Clark is going to miss out for but could this change also be the difference between having him available for the Hibs game and not having him?

21 hours ago, Strawman said:

This makes no sense to me, leaves us with no home games over the festive period and 4 away games in a row.

I already thought the holiday fixtures were poor but now no home game at all.

Maybe I’m wrong but do we not get better crowds at these games, people that live elsewhere coming home for Xmas etc

Yes, I agree with you here; a real dissapointment not having a fixture on the 23rd. I always think there is a great vibe about the place that time of year and make a point of getting a lift in to Perth with my wife  early and hit the Royal and the ship for a couple before the match. Most clubs enjoy the extra attandance these festive fixtures bring.

For sure the New year fixture at Dens will be near capacity I suspect.

9 hours ago, Havana Saint said:

Not happy with this. People look forward to the Festive fixtures and generally attendances are better with people back in Perthshire visiting family. 

What is the logic here?

As usual with Saints, absolutely no reason has been provided and all that does is cause frustration amongst the fans. I'm sure there's some logic behind it and if they'd just have explained that logic with the announcement I'm sure most fans would understand and say fair enough. Annoying that even after the recent change-over in how communications are handled, they're still doing stuff like this.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

As usual with Saints, absolutely no reason has been provided and all that does is cause frustration amongst the fans. I'm sure there's some logic behind it and if they'd just have explained that logic with the announcement I'm sure most fans would understand and say fair enough. Annoying that even after the recent change-over in how communications are handled, they're still doing stuff like this.

Communication? No chance. Stan is away with the Tartan Army.