Chance to see St. Johnstone live!

_daviiie_

Good morning from Austria!

I'd like to mention straight away that I was referred here from the St. Johnstone FC subreddit and I really hope that my question doesn't break any rules. Otherwise, please let me know!

Now to my actual question:
We are 8 guys from Austria and have chosen Scotland for our football tour through Europe this spring. As I'm a huge fan of Scotland myself, I naturally want to give my fellow travellers the full dose of football in Scotland. Unfortunately, this doesn't turn out to be so easy, as it's difficult to get tickets for the only Sunday game as a foreigner.

After a lot of back and forth, I've now been directed here as some of you seem to be reselling tickets for games against Old Firm teams and don't need them yourselves.

Are there any of you who could offer us the opportunity to be part of the game? :)
We don't care if we sit in four groups of two in the stadium, we would just be very, very happy if we could have the chance to watch St Johnstone live. :)

BTW: The game I am talking about is St. Johnstone FC vs Glasgow Rangers on the 18th February 2024. :)

Cheers,
David

54 minutes ago, _daviiie_ said:

I'd like to mention straight away that I was referred here from the St. Johnstone FC subreddit and I really hope that my question doesn't break any rules. Otherwise, please let me know!

We are 8 guys from Austria and have chosen Scotland for our football tour through Europe this spring. As I'm a huge fan of Scotland myself, I naturally want to give my fellow travellers the full dose of football in Scotland. Unfortunately, this doesn't turn out to be so easy, as it's difficult to get tickets for the only Sunday game as a foreigner.

After a lot of back and forth, I've now been directed here as some of you seem to be reselling tickets for games against Old Firm teams and don't need them yourselves.

Are there any of you who could offer us the opportunity to be part of the game? :)
We don't care if we sit in four groups of two in the stadium, we would just be very, very happy if we could have the chance to watch St Johnstone live. :)

BTW: The game I am talking about is St. Johnstone FC vs Glasgow Rangers on the 18th February 2024. :)

Cheers,
David

Hi David,

I think if you were to contact the Club direct they would manage to find you tickets as guests.

The matches against Rangers and Celtic are not popular among our fan base because of  the behavior of these away fans as you will see for yourself if you attend.

Goood luck

1 hour ago, SaintJet said:

Hi David,

I think if you were to contact the Club direct they would manage to find you tickets as guests.

The matches against Rangers and Celtic are not popular among our fan base because of  the behavior of these away fans as you will see for yourself if you attend.

Goood luck

Failing that have you considered hospitality: https://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/hospitality

Seems ideal for a group of 8. 

1 hour ago, SaintJet said:

Hi David,

Goood luck

Thank you so much! I wrote them on Friday afternoon (before I was sent here). :)

16 minutes ago, mike_gain said:

Failing that have you considered hospitality: https://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/hospitality

Seems ideal for a group of 8. 

Before I write them another mail and getting labelded as "annoying". Do you have any information on these prices? I am guessing even "Premier" ist very expensive. 

16 hours ago, _daviiie_ said:

Cheers,
David

Hello David

Contact the SLO 

https://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/supporter-liaison-officer

8 hours ago, Two Cups 2021 said:

Davida fae Govan.🤣 

Yup.

Anyone who helps Rangers fans into the home end here deserves criticised, as its yet another reason why home fans dont bother going to the games.

A person called Davie typing perfect English, with British-based grammar, claiming to be from Austria. Yet people still help.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Yup.

Anyone who helps Rangers fans into the home end here deserves criticised, as its yet another reason why home fans dont bother going to the games.

A person called Davie typing perfect English, with British-based grammar, claiming to be from Austria. Yet people still help.

Wow. To be honest, I really don't know what to make of this...

• Why do I call myself Davie? Because my name is David and my friends call me Davie.
  • Why is my English so good? Because I use it every day and use DeepL on the side, as I'm used to Reddit penalising every mistake in English...
  • Why do I use British English? Because we learn British English in Austria.

Somehow I feel flattered to be mistaken for someone from Scotland, but on the other hand I also feel like I'm being taken for a fool. What has been done to you that you immediately assume something like this? I'm definitely not a Rangers fan, I know one player from the current squad and I know him from Stoke City (Butland).

I'm actually a big fan of Scotland and was really looking forward to the week there, but I'm slowly losing interest. I'm being ignored by two clubs for normal questions and treated like a criminal here because I want to watch a St Johnstone FC game. Really cool of you to take away someone's enjoyment of Scotland....

25 minutes ago, Muirton Saint said:

Terrible. Next thing you're gonna say it wasn't actually a Nigerian Prince that emailed me the other day!

That same prince told me I won their lottery, there goes me buying the club.

1 hour ago, _daviiie_ said:

Wow. To be honest, I really don't know what to make of this...

• Why do I call myself Davie? Because my name is David and my friends call me Davie.
  • Why is my English so good? Because I use it every day and use DeepL on the side, as I'm used to Reddit penalising every mistake in English...
  • Why do I use British English? Because we learn British English in Austria.

Somehow I feel flattered to be mistaken for someone from Scotland, but on the other hand I also feel like I'm being taken for a fool. What has been done to you that you immediately assume something like this? I'm definitely not a Rangers fan, I know one player from the current squad and I know him from Stoke City (Butland).

I'm actually a big fan of Scotland and was really looking forward to the week there, but I'm slowly losing interest. I'm being ignored by two clubs for normal questions and treated like a criminal here because I want to watch a St Johnstone FC game. Really cool of you to take away someone's enjoyment of Scotland....

If you are who you say you are then you're probably not aware of this, but there's a history of Rangers fans buying tickets for the home stands for these games, so people are always going to be a bit suspicious of a message like yours. If you'd chosen a fixture against any team outside the Old Firm I think people would have been only too happy to help, but these games are a bit more of a sensitive subject on here, unfortunately.

I've no way of knowing if you really are a neutral from Austria or not. It doesn't mean you're being taken for a fool. It's just the nature of the internet, that it's very difficult to know who people actually are. And it's really not beyond a stretch of the imagination that a Rangers fan would post on a forum pretending to be a neutral so that they can get tickets.

I think your best course of action would be to contact the club or the SLO as others have suggested, and let them decide if they want to sell you tickets or not. Perhaps just call up the ticket office and see what they say. Alternatively, have you tried buying tickets through Rangers themselves, or Rangers forums? They're unlikely to sell out their allocation for the game so you might be able to get them that way. For some reason there also tend to be Rangers fans selling tickets outside these games so you could probably even just show up on the day and get them that way (but I appreciate that's a risk if you're really coming all the way from Austria). Or, if you haven't booked your flights etc yet, just pick a different game?

Hope that's of some help. It is a bit frustrating that it's so difficult to buy tickets for a match that will inevitably have loads of empty seats, but that's the situation we're in, sadly.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Yup.

Honestly Random, you embarrass yourself at times!

If the lad contacts the club and asks for tickets as guests he'll get them no problem with the Caveat that if they are blatantly Rangers fans they will be turfed out. 

18 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

If you are who you say you are then you're probably not aware of this, but there's a history of Rangers fans buying tickets for the home stands for these games, so people are always going to be a bit suspicious of a message like yours. If you'd chosen a fixture against any team outside the Old Firm I think people would have been only too happy to help, but these games are a bit more of a sensitive subject on here, unfortunately.

I've no way of knowing if you really are a neutral from Austria or not. It doesn't mean you're being taken for a fool. It's just the nature of the internet, that it's very difficult to know who people actually are. And it's really not beyond a stretch of the imagination that a Rangers fan would post on a forum pretending to be a neutral so that they can get tickets.

I think your best course of action would be to contact the club or the SLO as others have suggested, and let them decide if they want to sell you tickets or not. Perhaps just call up the ticket office and see what they say. Alternatively, have you tried buying tickets through Rangers themselves, or Rangers forums? They're unlikely to sell out their allocation for the game so you might be able to get them that way. For some reason there also tend to be Rangers fans selling tickets outside these games so you could probably even just show up on the day and get them that way (but I appreciate that's a risk if you're really coming all the way from Austria). Or, if you haven't booked your flights etc yet, just pick a different game?

Hope that's of some help. It is a bit frustrating that it's so difficult to buy tickets for a match that will inevitably have loads of empty seats, but that's the situation we're in, sadly.

Thank you for the explanation! 😊
I was told on Reddit that this is why the ticketing scheme exists, but I had no idea that it was even deeper than that.

We already had the idea of buying tickets for the Rangers away section, but this was quickly discarded. As foreigners, we certainly wouldn't be sitting in the Glasgow Rangers ultras sector. A few of us don't speak English well at all and none of us understand the Scottish accent. There's no way I'm going to sit there with drunken Ultras, half of whom are probably criminals and who force us to sing along all the time, etc., when all we want to do is watch the football match in peace.

Do you know what concerns me the most? None of us are real fans of either club. We just want to watch the game because it's the only Sunday game and we can watch two games. We would have taken any game. We would have preferred the Hearts game on Sunday, which would have been in Edinburgh - where we have our accommodation. But well, the Scottish Football Association didn't want to bring us any luck. 

We're definitely not Rangers fans and we're definitely not Scottish. 😉 You can put that aside for now. I very much hope that the SLO responds...

11 minutes ago, _daviiie_ said:

I was told on Reddit that this is why the ticketing scheme exists, but I had no idea that it was even deeper than that.

Its a common thing to see a small group of Rangers fans in the home end every game. Its disappointing but all that can be done is kicking them out.

1 hour ago, _daviiie_ said:

We already had the idea of buying tickets for the Rangers away section, but this was quickly discarded. As foreigners, we certainly wouldn't be sitting in the Glasgow Rangers ultras sector. A few of us don't speak English well at all and none of us understand the Scottish accent. There's no way I'm going to sit there with drunken Ultras, half of whom are probably criminals and who force us to sing along all the time, etc., when all we want to do is watch the football match in peace.

Do you know what concerns me the most? None of us are real fans of either club. We just want to watch the game because it's the only Sunday game and we can watch two games. We would have taken any game. We would have preferred the Hearts game on Sunday, which would have been in Edinburgh - where we have our accommodation. But well, the Scottish Football Association didn't want to bring us any luck. 

We're definitely not Rangers fans and we're definitely not Scottish. 😉 You can put that aside for now. I very much hope that the SLO responds...

Bev our SLO is amazing. If your request is genuine I’m sure she will go out of her way to help, as she does with everything asked of her. 
As stated above, matches against Celtic and Rangers are not well attended largely due to the atmosphere and bile that comes from the away support. St Johnstone are a wonderful family club and unfortunately there is an element (absolutely not all) of the old firm fans that have no respect for that or consideration for the kids etc that they force their bigotry and sectarianism to listen to. 

2 hours ago, _daviiie_ said:

🤔 daviiie, is your nose blue?

2 hours ago, SaintJet said:

If the lad contacts the club and asks for tickets as guests he'll get them no problem with the Caveat that if they are blatantly Rangers fans they will be turfed out. 

He'll get them no problem regardless, the club have been happy to sell home end tickets to Celtic/Rangers fans for years if theyre subtle enough not to make it glaringly obvious. 

Forgive me for being utterly bored of people making it easier for the home end to be ruined even further for these games.

We'd be aswell just handing the East over tbh.

2 hours ago, SaintJet said:

Have you ever seen an OF fan being chucked out ?.

8 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Have you ever seen an OF fan being chucked out ?.

I remember a game against Celtic in the early nineties.

For those that remember, it was the season that we had a couple of home games against them and scored early in both.

Roddy after forty seconds in the second one if I remember correctly. 1991 I think.

Anyway, the north stand was packed out with "them", and we were on top in the game, and needless to say, they weren't happy.

I'm sure the player in thinking about was Don McVicar, he was doing a good job of getting under the skin of one the Celtic mob, in his face and the like. Obviously intentionally going at them.

It was working. We were on top and both their players and fans were seething.

Then at one of our corners when he was doing this, one the green and white mob jumped out of the north stand and punched McVicar in the face.

One of the Celtic players grabbed the fan, but instead of handing him off to the authorities, pushed him back in the crowd where he disappeared in the throng.

The authorities by the way, showed absolutely no interest in doing anything about this.

I couldn't believe it.

Anyhow, we won the game, 3-2 if memory serves.

I think it was Liam Brady's last game in charge of them.

My point in all of this is no, I haven't seen an OF fan chucked out, but I have seen one chucked back in.

They were good wins against them by the way, I hope they're online somewhere.