Chance to see St. Johnstone live!

_daviiie_

8 hours ago, _daviiie_ said:

Wow. To be honest, I really don't know what to make of this...

• Why do I call myself Davie? Because my name is David and my friends call me Davie.
  • Why is my English so good? Because I use it every day and use DeepL on the side, as I'm used to Reddit penalising every mistake in English...
  • Why do I use British English? Because we learn British English in Austria.

Somehow I feel flattered to be mistaken for someone from Scotland, but on the other hand I also feel like I'm being taken for a fool. What has been done to you that you immediately assume something like this? I'm definitely not a Rangers fan, I know one player from the current squad and I know him from Stoke City (Butland).

I'm actually a big fan of Scotland and was really looking forward to the week there, but I'm slowly losing interest. I'm being ignored by two clubs for normal questions and treated like a criminal here because I want to watch a St Johnstone FC game. Really cool of you to take away someone's enjoyment of Scotland....

Protest too much , nae one cares cb 

16 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Yup.

Anyone who helps Rangers fans into the home end here deserves criticised, as its yet another reason why home fans dont bother going to the games.

A person called Davie typing perfect English, with British-based grammar, claiming to be from Austria. Yet people still help.

Let them go to the club and the SLO - it's the correct direction. 

On 1/15/2024 at 10:22 AM, _daviiie_ said:

Thank you so much! I wrote them on Friday afternoon (before I was sent here). :)

Before I write them another mail and getting labelded as "annoying". Do you have any information on these prices? I am guessing even "Premier" ist very expensive. 

You googled and found this site, use google again for the prices and go to the club.  

23 hours ago, _daviiie_ said:

Wow. To be honest, I really don't know what to make of this...

• Why do I call myself Davie? Because my name is David and my friends call me Davie.
  • Why is my English so good? Because I use it every day and use DeepL on the side, as I'm used to Reddit penalising every mistake in English...
  • Why do I use British English? Because we learn British English in Austria.

Somehow I feel flattered to be mistaken for someone from Scotland, but on the other hand I also feel like I'm being taken for a fool. What has been done to you that you immediately assume something like this? I'm definitely not a Rangers fan, I know one player from the current squad and I know him from Stoke City (Butland).

I'm actually a big fan of Scotland and was really looking forward to the week there, but I'm slowly losing interest. I'm being ignored by two clubs for normal questions and treated like a criminal here because I want to watch a St Johnstone FC game. Really cool of you to take away someone's enjoyment of Scotland....

Straight to being a victim when challenged. Pure populism. Rangers fan 100%. 

Edited by scott1982

12 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

There was a guy in the East last time wearing a Rangers jacket and nothing was done. 

This is the thing that flabbergasts me about these guys. I wouldn't really care about a few of them buying tickets for the Saints end if they'd just keep a low profile and sit and watch the game. But the fact that they'll knowingly sit in the wrong end, bedecked in Rangers gear, and even openly celebrate Rangers goals, can be just infuriating - especially when the stewards do nothing about it.

You also have to wonder how they get their tickets in the first place. Are some of them watching Saints at other times of the year, and then switching allegiances when the OF come? Or are Saints fans buying tickets for them? If people see these guys they should make a note of the seat numbers and feed it back to the club afterwards so they can look into that.

I remember in the 90s when I was a kid and I used to have a season ticket in the Ormond Stand, there was a whole family who used to sit near us supporting Saints every week, but when Celtic were the opposition they'd turn up and sit in their same seats wearing Celtic scarves and supporting Celtic. Just amazing stuff.

45 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I remember in the 90s when I was a kid and I used to have a season ticket in the Ormond Stand, there was a whole family who used to sit near us supporting Saints every week, but when Celtic were the opposition they'd turn up and sit in their same seats wearing Celtic scarves and supporting Celtic. Just amazing stuff.

Looking back it almost seems funny how it was always a mixed family stand. Was beautiful in 98/99 we beat them twice in Perth, I enjoyed those days in the Ormond. Wasn't always that great.

2 hours ago, garydavidson said:

Looking back it almost seems funny how it was always a mixed family stand. Was beautiful in 98/99 we beat them twice in Perth, I enjoyed those days in the Ormond. Wasn't always that great.

I used to love sitting in the Ormond Stand as a kid, and I don't think anyone cared that it wasn't segregated at the time. It always seemed pretty busy in those days too. Such a shame that it sits empty most weeks now, seemingly with very little effort being made to change that situation.

5 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I used to love sitting in the Ormond Stand as a kid, and I don't think anyone cared that it wasn't segregated at the time. It always seemed pretty busy in those days too. Such a shame that it sits empty most weeks now, seemingly with very little effort being made to change that situation.

My first season ticket at McDairmid was in the Ormond stand.

I actually like watching the game from that angle, you get a good view of the formations.

When it first opened, it was Saints only.

I remember the first time we played Dundee United when we were promoted and there was a United fan sitting in the stand near the front.

He wasn't doing anything wrong apart from having a tangerine and black scarf.

The locals were not having it though, and got the stewards to remove him.

They won 3-1 if I recall correctly.

A 16 year old Christian Dailly zigged and zagged and annoyingly scored a bit of a worldy.

Alan Main was in goal for them as well.

I liked the Ormond Stand, they should definitely try and do more with it.

As we've discussed before, try and make it a good family day out.

Cheap to get in, then food, face painting and entertainment for families to bring their children to.

4 hours ago, Gekko said:

My first season ticket at McDairmid was in the Ormond stand.

I actually like watching the game from that angle, you get a good view of the formations.

When it first opened, it was Saints only.

I remember the first time we played Dundee United when we were promoted and there was a United fan sitting in the stand near the front.

He wasn't doing anything wrong apart from having a tangerine and black scarf.

The locals were not having it though, and got the stewards to remove him.

They won 3-1 if I recall correctly.

A 16 year old Christian Dailly zigged and zagged and annoyingly scored a bit of a worldy.

Alan Main was in goal for them as well.

I liked the Ormond Stand, they should definitely try and do more with it.

As we've discussed before, try and make it a good family day out.

Cheap to get in, then food, face painting and entertainment for families to bring their children to.

Main got sent off 

21 hours ago, MySpazz said:

Let them go to the club and the SLO - it's the correct direction. 

I've been told by multiple different people that certain people in the ticket office will sell you home end tickets even if they're aware you're not going to be supporting the home team.

"The club needs the money", apparently.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

I've been told by multiple different people that certain people in the ticket office will sell you home end tickets even if they're aware you're not going to be supporting the home team.

I've been a strong critic of the club NOT liking money.

If only these people were not scumbags, and it was like a rugby match.....if only!!!

3 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Well, you or your multiple people should be calling it out! Name names in the ticket office,or I’ll think you’re talking shite! 

On 1/17/2024 at 9:20 AM, scott1982 said:

Straight to being a victim when challenged. Pure populism. Rangers fan 100%. 

So mate, I tried being nice, but you are just a p.o.s.

Protesting to help someone who would use time on his Schotland tript to visit a St. Johnstone game for being a "Rangers fan", just because you guys are to stubborn to understand not everybody gives a **** about the Old firm clubs.

But yeah, as your club only told us that we should talk to someone from the region to get tickets and nobody here would help me, then we will have to watch it in a pub. Maybe better, not getting to close to any of you...

Thanks for the few guys here, who really tried helping and good luck in life to everbody else...

8 minutes ago, _daviiie_ said:

Protesting to help someone who would use time on his Schotland tript to visit a St. Johnstone game for being a "Rangers fan", just because you guys are to stubborn to understand not everybody gives a **** about the Old firm clubs.

But yeah, as your club only told us that we should talk to someone from the region to get tickets and nobody here would help me, then we will have to watch it in a pub. Maybe better, not getting to close to any of you...

Thanks for the few guys here, who really tried helping and good luck in life to everbody else...

Genuinely, it is remarkable how Scottish you sound for someone from Austria.

Fair play to whoever taught you English, presumably theyre from Govan which is just coincidental. 

40 minutes ago, _daviiie_ said:

You're my new favourite Rangers fan pal!

3 hours ago, _daviiie_ said:

But yeah, as your club only told us that we should talk to someone from the region to get tickets and nobody here would help me

Whjat a load of bulls**t.  The club have actually removed privileges from fans because they let tickets fall into the wrong hands.  Try some off your Govan pals 

3 hours ago, _daviiie_ said:

At least if you watch it in the pub it will save you from spending your brew money on travel.

• 4 weeks later...