Saints vs. Stirling Albion - 11/08/07

I don,t know about everyone else but I,m desperate for it to be Saturday @3.00pm.The wait is driving me nuts.It,s so bad I,m even dreaming about it..Unfortunatley I don,t seem to know the score..The new tops ready ,the scarfs ready,the voice is ready

Come on you Saints

On a side note our next three opponents all won last night..........

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If John Paul McBride manages to get a game, that'll help us even more!

Will be a totally different performance to last week, have to be really confident about every home game this season. Daal for Stewart would be the only change for me, but I think Owen Coyle will stick with the same team, Stewart had a far better pre-season than Daal, and with the extra space at McDiarmid he could have more joy running in behind the defence.

Really hope the defence deal with Lilley to restore a bit of confidence after the way O'Connor won everything in the air last week.

I had to cancel last week at QOS due to severe financial constraints, so if anyones up for lending me a bit of cash for the game ill gladly supply my account no and sortcode.....

other then that, this should be a convincing win, and I think Daal should come back into the fold. As bad as he is in the air, he's still a big boy and puts defenders off so give him the oppurtunity.

Nah, Weatherston is just so good on the right, so good.

I think Peaso and Daal upfront with Weatherston storming forward will be a real winning combination.

I dont rate Daal, he has a God awful touch and he looks so clumsy he could almost be playing on Stilts!

I'd like to see us accommodation wee Jamie in the team, its a shame that the 2 players who seem to be most creative are vying for the same position at the moment!

I would want the team to line up:

-------------CUTHBERT------------

ando----McManus---James----Goran

McCluskey--MMM----McInnes--Sheerin

--------Peaso---------Weatherston

but i can't see past

-------------main------------

lawrie---mcmanus----james----goran

weatherston--mmm----mcinnes---sheerin

--------peaso-------stewart------

I would like to see McCluskey get a chance on the right wing. Weatherston has looked excellent but didnt train most of last week due to an injury. If he hasnt trained again this week he should be given a chance to rest and recover so would drop him down to the bench for this one and give McCluskey his chance.

James and Stewart have not trained all week so may be doubtful?

Looks like Simon's absence is going to be felt early in the campaign. This is exactly the sort of situation where he proved invaluable.

If James doesn't make it, we're in trouble with our only recognised defenders being Lawrie, McManus, Stanic and Dyer!

I hope if Stewart hasn't trained up to today that Coyle goes with Daal.

Official site is reporting there is no positive news on the signing front but we could really do with an extra defender before the weekend. All of a sudden, the thought that we could have had Andy Tod for a month doesn't seem so bad.

I think StirlingAlbion and Morton are great additions to the league beause they are offensive and are not frightened to have a go. Livi were the only team not to score last weekend and there were plenty goals. It'll be good to see Albion again. Seen them a few times and I was once at a friendly game in the 70's between Stirling Albion and Liverpool given the title "The Battle of The Shanklys" (Bob and Bill). I'm surprised as a club they've never done a Saints, Ayr (70's) or an ICT in their time because they are very central and can pull from all around. Is this continuous bad board level management or partly the negative old firm factor again? Conversation for another day.

Looks like Simon's absence is going to be felt early in the campaign. This is exactly the sort of situation where he proved invaluable..

He was a solid consistent player for us and did a lot of work and his positional play was top quality. Who knows there's still time in the transfer market though.