Oc For Bolton??????

mainstand

I think SS is right. It all depends on Gartside's approach. Look at Motherwell as an example where the new manager was given Scott Leitch to work with. Gartside might fancy OC becoming part of the team, in fact are we sure Bolton weren't the Premiership club that were looking at OC in the summer? I think it was Derby County but it could have been Bolton.

Bolton are a fairly cash rich club these days and will look for someone with a good record in the transfer market, probably not where OC's main strengths lie.

Bolton are a fairly cash rich club these days and will look for someone with a good record in the transfer market, probably not where OC's main strengths lie.

To be fair to OC, he's done OK with what he's got but he's never going to be searching for players in the same way that a premiership manager does, with millions of pounds to throw at clubs, players and in Bolton's case agents. I can't see him even being in the reckoning for this job as they'll go for someone with a bit of experience. If he does go I'd like to see Bolton managed by a dream team of the OC and Mixu.

stupid thread

It's asking a question to stimulate conversation and debate. It is a forum after all. If you think it's stupid don't reply!

I think you'll find he does have the necessary pro coaching qualification.

Doubtful as most folk say if he would go back as an assistant unless it was on the basis that he was learning the trade at taht level to take over.

Whit a pile o pish!! He's nae gonnae move frae us tae some jumped up wee-bitty job at Bolton. GIe us a break frae all yer wind ups and gie us some real facts!

You are probably right there is as much chance of him going there as there is of you making a coherent post that we can all understand.

Bolton are in too sticky a position to appoint someone that would be a risk. But the one thing that has hit me is the lack of real ambition with the managers they have gone for- Megson, Souness, Coleman and Bruce wouldn't exactly get me positive if I was a Bolton man.

As for ROI it looks pretty certain O Leary will get the job. If not then I would still think there is many above him on the list.