Stephen Reynolds

dave mc

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really tough decsions to be made on this kid. His record and potential are beyond question. However, he's a good bit away from the starting XI. As I stated in the "Jim Weir Sacked" thread, I think him and Doris (to a lesser extent) really need to get out on loan and prove themselves in a tougher environment. Both could command a start in meaningless end of season game - should we have any!

Trouble is, if an offer comes in between now and June 2009. I don't think we should turn down a bid in case a bigger offer is received. A sell-on clause, or an additonal fee after X games would be something that the club may insist upon.

All clubs have potentially great players who don't maximise their potential for various reasons. Where's Marko McCulloch for example? No doubting his potential; shame Man Utd never made a bid for him before his drink-driving issues. Some of us would have turned down £600,000 for Griffin back in the day, a year on you'd struggle to get £60,000 for the same guy...

Is he too young at 16 to play in the first division?? Wayne Rooney was in the premiership at 16

This was my thoughts exactly mainstand. Clearly Wayne Rooney is an excelptional talent. However, if Man Utd are interested in buying a 16 year old he is probably good enough for 1st team football in the Scottish 1st Division. I have never seen him play, but if he's good enough to interest Man U he is good enough to play for Saints.

The only exception to this would be if he was not physically strong enough. Rooney played at 16 because he was a bull. By the sounds of it, this lads more than developed for his age.

He's not well developed. He's tall, but lanky. I'm very interested in the source of the story. I'm pretty sure Saints haven't highlighted it; they would rather pick up on the story about the players being in Homer's hoose for his birthday. Best squad atmosphere that the big man's ever experienced. Where are all those twats that insisted Main/Hardie were divisive:confused:

Best squad atmosphere that the big man's ever experienced. Where are all those twats that insisted Main/Hardie were divisive:confused:

Very true 101, funny all those who were shouting about this earlier in the season are now very quiet. Was a load of pish.

that was weeks ago things can change very quickly in football, it wasnt pish

Until you can provide me with evidence that there was unrest in the dressing room, i stand by my statement that them rumours were pish. Don't believe everything you are told saintee4life.

that was weeks ago things can change very quickly in football, it wasnt pish

IS IT TRUE THAT THE SCHOOLTEACHER WEEGIE FROM GLASGOW WENT TO WATCH HIM, AND TOLD TC TO SIGN HIM RIGHT AWAY, AT THE GAME THE OTHER WEEK I HEARD SOMEONE SAY THAT THE TEACHERS BOY IS IN THE POLICE IN ROTHESAY STEVIE REYONLDS HOME TOWN,