#23 - 13/01/09 - Rangers (h) - Scottish Cup

Macarius

I reckon Ando is our best right sided centre half and Gartland is, partly by default, our best left sided centre half. So that would by my pairing.

In terms of Del's selection. I believe Gartland was signed to play football, not sit on a bench. Caff lost his place to Ando in our last competitive game. I believe Del will simply slot Garters in for Ando.

But Caff didn't 'lose his place', he couldn't play because he was suspended. I appreciate your views on Mr Anderson, but I think even you'll be hard pushed to argue he deserves a start when he's hardly played this season. Even if he is as good as you think, he's not going to be match sharp for what's going to be a very testing game.

I can see your point on Gartland, and I think there's a (small) chance he'll start and you can put an argument forward for it, but not Ando.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Caff didn't 'lose his place', he couldn't play because he was suspended. I appreciate your views on Mr Anderson, but I think even you'll be hard pushed to argue he deserves a start when he's hardly played this season. Even if he is as good as you think, he's not going to be match sharp for what's going to be a very testing game.

I can see your point on Gartland, and I think there's a (small) chance he'll start and you can put an argument forward for it, but not Ando.

Ando will not start as right centre back, Rusty will. I didn't mean to suggest that Del would start with him, I intended to state that I would start him. My post wasn't very clear, so apologies for the confusion caused.

Ando will not start as right centre back, Rusty will. I didn't mean to suggest that Del would start with him, I intended to state that I would start him. My post wasn't very clear, so apologies for the confusion caused.

Aye I ken, I'm sayings your opinon that he should start is baws :razz:

i agree Ando is our best CB but i'd never start him on tue. why break up a partnership that's been working so well. it would be unfair if Garters was to get Caff's place too as he has to earn his place. right now Caff has earned it and should keep it for now

How on earth can you compare Woolworths and Rangers Fc............Woolworths was a national institution that allowed all walks of life to enter their premises !

A grossly out of date mentality, sub-standard stock which was bizarrely overpriced, and an inability to penetrate the european market leading to financial meltdown.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_cups/7823788.stm bbc has craig as being a doubt, im not sure if this is just the usual lacking in standard bbc news though.

Just good play from Del. Craig is the one that will make the game. Interesting discussion at work today; can anyone see both Swankie and Sammy in the squad?

http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/newsitemsdetail.php?param=256

i must have a really bad memory i didn't think it was as bad as 4 nil. i was pretty sure we played quite well that day? was a good day out tho sitting behind the goals with a good view rather sitting at ground level or behind a pillar as we normally do at parkhead

http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/newsitemsdetail.php?param=256

i must have a really bad memory i didn't think it was as bad as 4 nil. i was pretty sure we played quite well that day? was a good day out tho sitting behind the goals with a good view rather sitting at ground level or behind a pillar as we normally do at parkhead

I was in the main stand at celtic park for that one, remember it being a horrible day because we got stuffed. but dont remember much else about it, certainly not as good a show as the final against them, it was the same season they beat us 7-0!

Interview with Del here.

I picked me up a Freesat box on Saturday so I'm set up to watch the game in my house. :D

I'm not that fussed about the result as the league has to be the priority but I hope we have a real go at them tomorrow. From the limited amount I've seen of them this year Rangers are no great shakes and with what seems half their squad set to move to England now is as good a time as any to play them. As Ronaldo says, have a go Saints!

Typical ignorance from Jim Spence. He referred twice to the game as if it's being played at Ibrox! If he's on the commentary team, I hope he turns up at Ibrox looking for the game!

Agreed.

Clueless ersehaul.

And blimey, I wouldn't have put that voice to that face on McInnes. He sounds about twenty-five!

And after having thought about it, no matter what happens tomorrow, I'll be pretty happy. If we win, hey, we've ruined Rangers' season, and we've beaten them for the first ever time in the Scottish cup.

A draw, and we've got a five figure sum, at least, from gate income from Rangers and maybe even some more telly money.

A loss, and we'll be able to fully concentrate on the league for the first time in about 3 seasons.

Happy days!