#26 - 07/02/09 - Ross County (a)

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I would have felt a draw was a disappointing result before the match began, I am fairly pleased with the point today for various reasons. Our players showed great spirit to come from behind, especially considering the disallowed goals. Great to see a striker scoring, in Derek Holmes. And great, generally, to see the team scoring. Twice! And most importantly of all, we have extended our lead at the top, albeit by one point, and our undefeated run continues! I am confident that we can now push on from this.

Well done Saints!

Excellent result in the circumstances and to be honest I'd have taken that at kick-off. Never mind after being two down. No one will romp this league. In fact if we win our game in hand Dundee are closer to being relegated than they are to catching us. Although it would be great to go on a winning run, if we win our next three home games, then it will be very hard to catch us. I'd like to see the record broken too.

They are being realists and see that coming back from being 2 down is a bloomin good result.

You actually sound like a OF fan the way you think everything but a win is a bad result.

Aye, I couldn't make it up today because I was taking part in a march

Not a bad result at all, considering, and Dundee did us a favour. They need to start losing soon, though, or they'll be right on our backsides, again!

Delighted to see big Homer finally score. Hopefully, this'll give him the confidence to get more in the net.

Can anyone tell me the subs that were made after half-time, that led to us scoring twice?

Was hard to tell with the first two because they were at the jail end but I never thought they were offside from where I was with my blue and white specs on.

One of the worst performances from a ref I have seen.

The third homer chested down and rattled in ref said he used an arm. a county defender then used an arm in the box right in front of the ref and got away with it.

Jacko caused all sorts of problems when he came on and won three free kicks near the box and also saw their defender walk after taking jacko down when he was last man.

good second half and good to see saints get stuck in, rusty rolled up the sleves and put in a great second half.

First half was dire from a saints point of view everything was played across the back and then punted forward.

The strangest thing was right at the end someone played a great ball into homer just as he chested it down to takr a shot the ref blew for full time, did not understand that one either.

Good point but should have won by a few. this is far from over though.

Jacko came on for gartland and craig moved to left back as the defence moved from a three to four.

Later swankie came on for sheerin and put in a great cross for our second goal.

Cheers. :)

Looks great for next week; Griffiths suspended, Swanks showing he can cross, Sherlock scoring, Savo coming back to fitness, great resilience throughout the team, and FINALLY PLAYING AT HOME! 2 months without a home league game! I can't remember the last time that happened to anyone!

Game hinged on the half time decision to go to 4-3-3. We were being caught out time and time again down the left flank. To be honest a difficult game to pass comment on as we were so bad first half yet could have been two up in the first 15 mins. First half we were cumbersome, one dimensional, sluggish, uncertain. Second half much better although the long ball game became a bit predicable (although fruitful against County) but we were chasing the game. In the end would not have surprised me if we had taken all 3 points - a couple of strong penalty claims, a bad miss from Millar, and some wasted free kicks. Special mention to Samuel who showed what he can do when given decent service, Jackson for running the RC defence ragged and Morris for distribution, defensive duties and aggressive tackling. Lets hear the end of the Jody Morris debate - we would have lost this game without him.

i see griffiths was sent off with two yellow cards that mean he is out for next week?

...and James McPake has gone south so their two best players not playing. Innes now captain and we desrve to turn him over. I know the draws are frustrating but this was as close to a win as you'll get. Next month could be the most important in our recent history. C'mon Saints