Scolari Sacked

Scobby_SJFC

Madness. Scolari has one of the best records in the game and yet isn't getting time to settle into the club. You could almost understand Portsmouth's stance as they're trying to fight relegation but Chelsea are not exactly in a perilous state.

Fergie, O'Neill, Benitez, Wenger and Moyes have all been given time by their clubs and are producing the goods. Who'll want to take the job now?

As enjoyable as the English Premiership is to watch, the money in the game is slowly turning the league into a joke. The amount of sackings in the league so far has been incredible- and quite frankly unneeded in most cases.

Chelsea have bought poorly over the last few years and I personally (with Chelsea being my English team) think it's time to let quite a few of the lads move on and give the younger up and coming lads a go, aswell as trying to get a stronger British spine through the team and bring in some exciting top current players. Not simply make big name signings that are past their best.

I would personally say goodbye to- Anelka (can't stand the guy), Mikel (vastly over-rated), Belletti (not needed), Kalou (again over-rated), Deco (good in flashes, but too much of a luxury), Ferreira (not needed) and possibly A.Cole and Ballack too!

Santos and Manncienne should be given the chance of first team football.

I didnt think he would last. The last game v Hull was terrible.

He was rubbish with Portugal in his last job, and he similarly lost the plot with Chelsea. He was trying to play Mourinhos formation without Mourinhos players.

You can point out some respectable results while he was with Portugal but at the end of the day he didnt improve them they went backwards.

My bet is Benitez to be sacked before next season and Mourinho to be next manager of Liverpool or manager of Liverpool in the next 3 years.

Madness, although I was more sympathetic towards Adams. I always liked the guy, who seemed just like any ol' bloke from the pub. When They caved into Liverpool, he looked like he was about crying as he went down the tunnel. Absolute rotten luck, and hope he isn't out of the job for long, as he was let down just by his players and the board. No money, poor defenders, and the lost two of their best players. Real shame. Scolari going was no real surprise, though. Abramovic is turning Chelsea into a bit of a Circus.

Not really surprised but when are chairmans gonna realise it takes longer than a season to build a team. Like alot of you have said there is to much dead weight in Chelseas squad that were over priced when Grant and Mourinho bought them and Scolari has had to try and use them e.g. Malouda (£15M, Ferreira (£18M).

Don't think Abramovich really wants to go out and spend the money he has in the past unless he can get some back in but they will have to take it on the chin and take what they can for these players now and attempt to rebuild on a budget.

I would let Wilkins stay in control until the end of the season and then make a decision, cant see MOyes or O'Neill being interested at the moment as both of them seem to be building squads to try and take on the big four in the coming seasons

David Moyes no chance, not attacking enough for Abramovich.

Wont be Zola still too much to learn I feel.

Martin O'Neil - think he will want to see this season out at Villa, time maybe wrong.

I think Frank Rijkaard or Hiddink. The names that cropped up last time. How about Steve McLaren.

WTF is going on in that league it must put players off moving their too wondering who you will be working for in a few months.

I always thought Scolari was a strange appointment in the first place (and, to put my smug hat on, I think I predicted in the "surprise package" thread that he wouldn't be a success). Personally I think they should have stuck with Avram Grant - he was doing a good job and was more deserving of a longer chance than Scolari has been. I went to see Chelsea early on in the season and they were really, really good, but they seem to have been going slowly backwards as the season has progressed.

I don't think Portsmouth made a very wise appointment with Tony Adams either - his record as a manager/coach is pretty poor, and you have to think that if it wasn't for his name as a player he wouldn't get anywhere near that sort of job in the first place.

Chelsea are now looking for an International manager who's available.....hang on, haven't they just sacked a guy who fits those credentials? :shock:

I would go with the point that they should've kept Grant a bit longer. Scolari's suffered as he's been left with Mourinho and Grant's players and has had little money to spend, in comparison.

Moyes and O'Neill won't go there as they're on a good thing with their clubs and have the backing of decent people on the respective boards. Loyalty has been rewarded

Not surprised Scolari left but I dont necessarily agree with the decision, if he'd stayed in charge there's a fair chance chelsea would've missed out on CL football next season. im pretty sure Chelsea was his first crack at club football in Europe.

I do wonder though, you always hear about players needing time to adjust to a different style of football, it seems that managers don't get the same period of grace. I think given time Scolari would've cracked it but in the cut and thrust world of top flight English football, time seems to be the commodity most managers don't get.

Hiddink makes sense and with the strong rumours since last night continuing throughout today it seems likely. You would think Abramovich had a word to him before sacking Scolari. Id say Hiddink is the only one who can save Chelsea out of the available managers.

I thought Scolari had Chelsea playing beautiful football at the beginning of the season, I was very impressed. The way the attackers switched positions in a 4-3-3 was very Mourinho like and the opposition had no answers. I think their inability to consistently achieve that level is for me Scolari's responsibility. Exactly the same thing with Portugal.