#37 - 19/04/09 - Queen of the South (h)

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But this is why we're Saints fans and don't follow an "easy team". Nervy is good. it keeps my company (alcohol) in business!!! We could all give up, but we don't. Once a saintee, always...

I am and always will be a Saintee but the facts are that we were tactically naive today.

That would be the "piss poor mob" with no debt and a new stadium who are safe in the SPL , the league that you lot are doing your best to miss out on again ! :-))))

We're probably the best run club in the country, we have a stadium that's 20 years older yet 20 times better than that awful place in glorious FP and we're still on course to join you in the SPHell. Are you just worried that when we do join you that we'll once again wipe the floor with you? I admire your persistence in supporting such a dreadful side as St.Mirren. Congratulations on staying up. I look forward to once again demontrating our superiority over you.

Only one side in it during the first half but the goal should not have been chalked off. Richmond was wrong. Not pretty watching on Alba but we came back from the dead only for Savo to back heel when it should have been booted into the Tesco car park.

They needed the points and they were better than us but we are still in pole position.

Unbelievable that we switched off for the 3rd time in the game and let them steal the points. Schoolboy defending for the 90 minutes has cost ensured a nervy end to the season. No idea why the goal in the 1st half was disallowed though.

They hardly "stole" the points - we gave them away. Feel sorry for Ando but as has been said on here a few times before you can always expect a monumental cock up from him sooner or later and they rarely go unpunished. Yet again lack of a settled left back causes us problems. Next week will now be a 'nervy' affair!

cant believe it took until 15 minutes from time for us to actually wake up and start playing football.if we can play like we did last 15 mins bar the shambles in the last minute of injury time we shud be fine.the leagues still ours for the taking and still 4 points clear so lets not get 2 disheartened !

I'm gutted ..:sad: If I'm totally honest we never really deserved anything from the game. Too many players just never turned up today. Some shocking decisions by a completely inept referee did not help but at the end of the day we lost because we were not good enough on the day, not because the referee was shite. I think it hurts more because we got it back to two all then gifted them the winner. I dunno what it looked like on TV but certainly to me it looked like Kean was played onside by Craig for the winner. Just have to put this one to bed and remember we are 4 points clear with 3 games to go and it is still completely in our own hands. I know it's a cliche but if we had been offered a 4 point lead with 3 to go in August we would have grabbed it with both hands. Good to see Holmes getting one in the net.

Nothing is ever easy with Saints and we can still win the title at Dens if We get all 3 points and Partick lose to Livi. For that to happen though we will have to play much better, show some composure and above all not panic. If it goes to the Morton game or even Airdrie away last day I care not. I firmly believe Saints WILL be Champions.

Lets keep the faith guys and girls , lets all get down to Dens and lets get right behind them one more time.

One other disappointment was the level of abuse the team was taking when we were two down. We have no god given right to win anything and some of you people need to take a long hard look at yourselves.

Onwards and upwards...

COME ON YOU SAINTS.

I'm gutted ..:sad: If I'm totally honest we never really deserved anything from the game. Too many players just never turned up today. Some shocking decisions by a completely inept referee did not help but at the end of the day we lost because we were not good enough on the day, not because the referee was shite. I think it hurts more because we got it back to two all then gifted them the winner. I dunno what it looked like on TV but certainly to me it looked like Kean was played onside by Craig for the winner. Just have to put this one to bed and remember we are 4 points clear with 3 games to go and it is still completely in our own hands. I know it's a cliche but if we had been offered a 4 point lead with 3 to go in August we would have grabbed it with both hands. Good to see Holmes getting one in the net.

Nothing is ever easy with Saints and we can still win the title at Dens if We get all 3 points and Partick lose to Livi. For that to happen though we will have to play much better, show some composure and above all not panic. If it goes to the Morton game or even Airdrie away last day I care not. I firmly believe Saints WILL be Champions.

Lets keep the faith guys and girls , lets all get down to Dens and lets get right behind them one more time.

One other disappointment was the level of abuse the team was taking when we were two down. We have no god given right to win anything and some of you people need to take a long hard look at yourselves.

Onwards and upwards...

COME ON YOU SAINTS.

Kean was def onside for the last goal Ghostie. Agree with your sentiment - what disappointed me most was that we managed to get ourselves into the position of claiming a valuable point from a game that had passed us by for long periods, only to gift them a late winner.

The team needs us more than ever now - we need to revert Craig to LB for the full 90 as Ando cant play there.