Crowd v Morton Thread

themole

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Especially as its home fans and we are taking up 95% of the stadium. I can understand the hesitation with dundee game but it was obvious today. They only had to move 40 yards and they would have been in the stand.

Yes i missed the pen cos i couldn't see that half of the pitch for the 1st

25 mins. The organization was a shambles & the police slow to react.

stewards wouldnt let my missus take my camera in:?.from the main stand the stewards in the east stand didnt have a clue.get them fully trained for next season or the OF will be in oor stands next season.they should be :oops: .

Steward near me was tellling people that seats with reserved stickers weren't reserved as the stickers were left overs from last season! Then same people were coming back & telling him they couldn't sit in them cos fans were telling them they were reserved.:roll:

Steward near me was tellling people that seats with reserved stickers weren't reserved as the stickers were left overs from last season! Then same people were coming back & telling him they couldn't sit in them cos fans were telling them they were reserved.:roll:

Two seats to my left with stickers on them have not been sat on for the whole season in the east stand.

Can't believe that, where were they? I would have said 200 at most. Credit to them for their singing and ovation for out U17s at half time etc though...

Good to see the East and Main near enough full. I said before the game we wouldn't get near that. Thought we'd get 4000 max but good to see more folk coming and hopefully many come back next season.

I don't think opening the Ormond Stand was at all necessary. All the police and stewards had to do was round up the people standing waiting to find a seat and walk them around to the Main Stand where there was visably empty seats. I couldn't believe there were still people waiting to find a seat at 3.25 yesterday.

I don't think they were prepared for the sheer level of fans who turned up because when I walked into the car park at 2.30, the queue was well back towards the gates. Nobody has any idea which gate was for cash and which was for season tickets. Indeed, I had to rely on Radford sending me a text to tell me to go straight down to the front of the queue. Otherwise I'd have stood, needlessly, at the back of that huge queue and missed kick off. The fans were organising themselves and each other outside the ground.

I don't think opening the Ormond Stand was at all necessary. All the police and stewards had to do was round up the people standing waiting to find a seat and walk them around to the Main Stand where there was visably empty seats. I couldn't believe there were still people waiting to find a seat at 3.25 yesterday.

I don't think they were prepared for the sheer level of fans who turned up because when I walked into the car park at 2.30, the queue was well back towards the gates. Nobody has any idea which gate was for cash and which was for season tickets. Indeed, I had to rely on Radford sending me a text to tell me to go straight down to the front of the queue. Otherwise I'd have stood, needlessly, at the back of that huge queue and missed kick off. The fans were organising themselves and each other outside the ground.

Even at 14.30 we decided to give the east a swerve fearing we would miss kick-off and maybe not be guaranteed entry. Queue by then was half way back up car-park hill. So headed for West - things are a bit hazy after that - did we win?

Even at 14.30 we decided to give the east a swerve fearing we would miss kick-off and maybe not be guaranteed entry. Queue by then was half way back up car-park hill. So headed for West - things are a bit hazy after that - did we win?

I think we might've won!

There were a lot of people deciding not to bother waiting to get into the East Stand and headed round for the West. I'm sure had I not had a season ticket, I'd have done the same in their position. Either that or left home at 2pm instead!

Stood for a short while to get into the East but was there early so it wasnt a problem, club will probably tell you it was something to do with H&S that Ormond wasnt opened ie not enough Stewards etc available blah de blah!!!

Had a chuckle at the positioning of said stewards and police towards the end to stop any pitch invasion, man where they effective???

Also the Steward next to me who kept pointing at empty seats and asking if there was someone sitting there!!!...he was allowed to point at about 10 or so before he got the inevitable crack from someone bout invisible supporters and was he blind cause we could all see them sitting there and off he scurried!! muppet!!

Great game though!!

Here are the facts about yesterday. I spoke to a director after the match and he told me that infact the Ormond Stand was ready if required but the Saints crowd was just under 6100 and there were 6500 seats available within the East and Main Stand. The problem was that the gates should have opened at 1.45 pm and also so many people turning up at 2.40 and expecting there to be little or no queues. Then once in the stadium a lot people were unwilling to sit in available seats if this meant they could not sit with their friends. The stewards did not cover themselves in glory either as the quick and simple solution would have been to move these fans straight to the Main Stand as there were plenty seats left in the far corner..

I got to the ground at about 2.30 after driving in every direction to the ground and in the end having to just park the car 10 minutes away because there were queues everywhere. Saw the east was getting full so just headed for the far end of the main stand. most of the supporters were in a huge queue for the first pay gate at the main and the queue on the far side was quite short. got in in about 10 minutes and had no problem getting seats. about half way through the first half guys started coming into the stand that had been in the east and moved into the main because there were no seats!!

I walked out of the stadium just behind you Soulful, and i agree, things did appear a bit hazy to you !! :D

i,m now wishing i,d bought one of those massive flags on the way out though !!!

Here are the facts about yesterday. I spoke to a director after the match and he told me that infact the Ormond Stand was ready if required but the Saints crowd was just under 6100 and there were 6500 seats available within the East and Main Stand. The problem was that the gates should have opened at 1.45 pm and also so many people turning up at 2.40 and expecting there to be little or no queues. Then once in the stadium a lot people were unwilling to sit in available seats if this meant they could not sit with their friends. The stewards did not cover themselves in glory either as the quick and simple solution would have been to move these fans straight to the Main Stand as there were plenty seats left in the far corner..

The club should have declared the Ormond stand would be open last Monday. With a possible crowd of 6000+, 6500 available seats isn't enough for a non all ticket game since a lot of single, empty seats will be spread around the two stands.

It was always going to be the case that the East stand would be full and people would have to be moved or wouldn't have seats. We arrived at 2:15 and there was already a huge queue for the East stand and ended up going to the Main incase we didn't get in in time for kick-off.

Three stands 3/4 full would have been a better option than two stands full IMO.

Police & stewards should have been directing fans to gate at far end of east stand rather than let everyone queue halfway up the car park.

They should also have opened the Ormand instead of trying to put everyone into single seats. if you go to the game with your mates you want to sit with them. That is part of the enjoyment of the game.