Jacko

SaintDougie

Stolen from temple but it appears that Jacko has been out that long he forgot who he was playing against when he got injured - http://www.thecourier.co.uk/output/2009/12/08/sportstory14227074t0.asp

"And I was only just getting fully fit when I did my achilles against Livingston"

cant wait for the wee guy to get back.

He did do his achilles against Livingston!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
So what was his inclusion on Sunday all about?

I didn't think he was fully fit yet and the fishal site said the same prior to the match.

Does this mean he was there to make up the 3 under 21s? If so, surely this is a mistake by Del as he should be putting someone on the bench that he may actually use.

Provided Muzz is in the squad Del picks 5 subs. He adds two u21s to make up the quota but never intends on playing them. (9/10 times anyway)

It has already been said that Jacko is fit, he just needs games. If we suffered 3 injuries up front yesterday Jacko couldv come on and played easily, he would just be completely off the pace.

Against teams like Celtic though, I would rather have an experienced first team player whose not quite fit come on than a kid with bags of energy but lacks the tactical intelligence required in games against these teams.

Provided Muzz is in the squad Del picks 5 subs. He adds two u21s to make up the quota but never intends on playing them. (9/10 times anyway)

It has already been said that Jacko is fit, he just needs games. If we suffered 3 injuries up front yesterday Jacko couldv come on and played easily, he would just be completely off the pace.

Against teams like Celtic though, I would rather have an experienced first team player whose not quite fit come on than a kid with bags of energy but lacks the tactical intelligence required in games against these teams.

The official site says otherwise and that he wouldn't be available for selection. I'd rather have a kid there than either a) risk him or B) waste the space on the bench.

The official site says otherwise and that he wouldn't be available for selection. I'd rather have a kid there than either a) risk him or B) waste the space on the bench.

Can't be bothered looking, but the official site is essentially wrong. He has been training for long time and has had some participation in closed doors games. He could have come on yesterday if necessary. He looks sharp and given a shot in the box I'd put my money on him before the others.

The Inspiration is absolutely right. Del thinks the U21 is a hinderance and never intends to play the two others. Shame that he doesn't blood May when we're getting raped. That wee kid is very close to being a top drawer SFL1 striker and he just keeps improving.

I dont think he will be going there for a month just to keep the bench warm . That would serve no purpose really and wont be of much benifit to either club.

I agree. I think Del said nobody would be going out on loan unless he was assured they would play..and as Arbroath are currently 2nd bottom I would be pretty certain that he will play every game..