Reflecting Well (Ex Saints in the News).

O'Rourke

18 hours ago, sixties saintee said:

Cammy Ballantine firMontrose

MoM & highly regarded at Montrose. Hopefully he can come back next season. Would rather have him than Bryson who will be an other season older & even less effective than this season.

Ex-Manager Tommy Wright giving it thick to the officials last night:

"It's extremely disappointing," he said.

"Let's be honest, Don Robertson put it into penalties with a poor decision. When he is man enough he will own up to it.

"I will go and see him after the game. Over the years I have been in to see Don more than any other ref."

"We could have dealt with the situation better, [Ross] Millen could possibly just put his foot through it, but it is not a penalty all day long," added Wright.

"The goalkeeper clearly gets the ball, the fact that it spills out is irrelevant. No penalty. But Don wanted to have the final say and he got it."

5 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

"Let's be honest, Don Robertson put it into penalties with a poor decision. When he is man enough he will own up to it.

"I will go and see him after the game. Over the years I have been in to see Don more than any other ref."

"We could have dealt with the situation better, [Ross] Millen could possibly just put his foot through it, but it is not a penalty all day long," added Wright.

"The goalkeeper clearly gets the ball, the fact that it spills out is irrelevant. No penalty. But Don wanted to have the final say and he got it."

I agree with him, but Killie were also given a very dodgy-looking penalty.

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I agree with him, but Killie were also given a very dodgy-looking penalty.

Oh yeah totally agree. The St Mirren one at the end was most certainly not a penalty - I don't know if the keeper spilling the ball is why they gave it.

Interesting to see Tommy insinuate that Don Robertson is one that bothered him the most while at Saints too, he managed to keep a lid on that but this must have pushed him over the edge.

10 hours ago, garydavidson said:

Things even themselves up but not usually in the same game.

2 dodgy pens. It's all we ask from officials is to be consistent & he was.