Celtic Park prices OH DEAR

wee john

you are having a laugh, we always took good crowds to both grounds even in the middle of the week! where have these people gone?

We have taken great crowds to Ibrox for cup games and Parkhead for semi finals/final. This has never been the case for a midweek league game or even a Saturday league game. We are far from alone in this of course but the media will no doubt pick up on it more.

I agree with others that there may be a few more this season as been a while etc but really can't see it being more than a few hundred. Will be there myself however and agree entirely with the sentiments of others that there really is no greater feeling than turning them over at their own ground.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no not at all man. My main point being you wouldn't want to miss out on an historic win there!

Ah well that's all cool then ... :cool:

Anyway, i would recommend you give both the OF a visit if you can this year. If we get a result great, but you will realise it's just not a great place to go an watch football.

I think our 7 year exile has kind of shielded us from the increasing prices. £25 for Scottish Football is very steep, particulary for people with families. who may need to pay £82 to get in!!!

I am still going but I can easily see why people will now be put off.

Its just a case of priorities - those who live for these type of games will pay it and perhaps miss other games because of it and there will be those who prefer the other trips.

There is also two scotland games coming up. Is £30 for a tie against Macedonia well priced? £30 for a midweek tie against Holland? Its all relative.

That's why i'm not going to Ibrox/Parkhead. I'll be going to all other grounds this season but not them.

Last time I was at Ibrox was 2000 when Alan Kernaghan put us 1 up and all the shit from above came down on us. Said that day I wouldn't be back and still feel the same.

I can't imagine what football fans from around the world would think of this attitude people have to getting a bit of grief from opposition fans. I mean it's a part of the game and always has been, so what if you get a pie chucked at you. Christ has anyone here been to the Amsterdam arena or other stadiums like it? Well I have and the away support has to be placed within a perspex shed to shield them from seriously nasty stuff being chucked at them. So they can through pies as long as they want cause in my opinion if thats all they have we've got it easy.

I can't imagine what football fans from around the world would think of this attitude people have to getting a bit of grief from opposition fans. I mean it's a part of the game and always has been, so what if you get a pie chucked at you. Christ has anyone here been to the Amsterdam arena or other stadiums like it? Well I have and the away support has to be placed within a perspex shed to shield them from seriously nasty stuff being chucked at them. So they can through pies as long as they want cause in my opinion if thats all they have we've got it easy.

Excellent post.

People are more interested in turning up with their jester hats and face paints, clapping in unison to "Chelsea Daggers" than try and develop a hostile atmosphere where other clubs and their fans feel uncomfortable to visit. It's the Charltonification of football and is endemic across the UK's football clubs, barring a few strongholds where the fans don't allow their passion and personality to be wiped out.

I can see how getting a pie flung from the home fans isn't that big a problem (unless it ruins your Stone Island) but getting hit by sections of chair, golf balls, nails, and - no laughing at the back please - an axe, could be more of a problem. All of which have happened. The axe was quite a while ago to be fair :-)

Was it you that sent a seat fragment back to David Murray after it was kindly donated to you by a neighbouring ***?

I think it's totally understandable that folk don't want to go to Ibrox and Parkhead as they are often fairly unpleasent places to visit but the reasons for not going would soon evaporate if we were going with a good chance of winning.

It's not just the pie throwing that's stopping me going for ****s sake.:roll:

I can take whatever they throw at me. Christ I was at the world cup in France in the Dutch end next to the Yugoslavia fans and all the riot police were in to stop trouble. That was a piece of piss. The last time I was at Ibrox the boys were a lot younger and I said I would never put them through all that shit and stuff being rained down on us and also the bigotry again.They are now old enough to chose for themselves but for me i'd rather sit in the pub and leave the bigot brothers to themselves.

It's not just the pie throwing that's stopping me going for ****s sake.:roll:

I can take whatever they throw at me. Christ I was at the world cup in France in the Dutch end next to the Yugoslavia fans and all the riot police were in to stop trouble. That was a piece of piss. The last time I was at Ibrox the boys were a lot younger and I said I would never put them through all that shit and stuff being rained down on us and also the bigotry again.They are now old enough to chose for themselves but for me i'd rather sit in the pub and leave the bigot brothers to themselves.

That's fair enough.

I wasn't having a go at you personally GWR.

I doubt it'll ever happen anywhere but I reckon a good policy for Saints would be to charge away fans whatever we pay at their ground.

I.E. Celtic fans pay £25 to come here, Forfar fans pay £12 (or whatever)

Thoughts?

I think that we already charge them a little more as they want money from other clubs to distribute tickets.

I think that this wouldnt work as you would get even more 'neds' in the saints end.

I doubt it'll ever happen anywhere but I reckon a good policy for Saints would be to charge away fans whatever we pay at their ground.

I.E. Celtic fans pay £25 to come here, Forfar fans pay £12 (or whatever)

Thoughts?

we'd be screwed if other clubs had the same idea

After checking with the girlfriend that she still wanted to go (after reading stories of pies being thrown) I was happy to hear her tell me "Of course I am going, FREE PIES!"

Was wondering though. As a season ticket holder living in Aberdeen, is it possible to order tickets by phone? I may struggle to make it to Perth for all the games that need vouchers to buy....

After checking with the girlfriend that she still wanted to go (after reading stories of pies being thrown) I was happy to hear her tell me "Of course I am going, FREE PIES!"

Was wondering though. As a season ticket holder living in Aberdeen, is it possible to order tickets by phone? I may struggle to make it to Perth for all the games that need vouchers to buy....

Yes, I have done it today. The will verify your details on computer then send it out, they will charge you £2 to cover the delivery

Yes, I have done it today. The will verify your details on computer then send it out, they will charge you £2 to cover the delivery

Hope they arrive in time......I won tickets to a Scotland womens game last season and despite the club posting them out in time - they arrived 2 days after the game.:roll:

No, we are still very reasonably priced in comparison to others.

Anyway, thats my got my adult and child ticket. £43 once you factor in the postage. OOOCH!

i was referring to the guy who suggested charging away fans what they charge us.

its a catch 22 someone has got to come up with a price 1st

I used the picture from the TV of me giving a 'ssshhhhhh' to the **** as my main picture on my School yearbook page.

That was when you copied my every action... :wink:

Those folk saying that people have been champing at the bit to get out of Div 1 are then wrong to complain about prices are completely wrong. Everyone should be complaining about prices as they are rediculous.

Can anyone justify Celtic charging £16 for my daughter who just wants to sit on my knee, clap and smile at people? She's 17 and a half months old by the way!! Farce! This will be only the third Saturday game she will miss since she was born.

It's unbelievable that nobody is tackling the issues of Scottish Football, which is basically pish, charging more than some English Premier tickets and lots of the top European sides... madness!

Can anyone justify Celtic charging £16 for my daughter who just wants to sit on my knee, clap and smile at people? She's 17 and a half months old by the way!! Farce! This will be only the third Saturday game she will miss since she was born.

Never mind the ticket price, I am absolutley outraged to hear someone bringing a child up to be such a part time supporter.

Can't be bothered reading the whole thread as my internets mince!

My boss was telling me that at Celtic Park you get searched then you go on to scan your ticket electronically. So he just used to get a childs ticket as there was nobody taking the ticket off you! Can anyone confirm if this is still the case?

Can't be bothered reading the whole thread as my internets mince!

My boss was telling me that at Celtic Park you get searched then you go on to scan your ticket electronically. So he just used to get a childs ticket as there was nobody taking the ticket off you! Can anyone confirm if this is still the case?

The electronic ticket barrier were introduced for the Scotland v Faroes Game and to my knowledge are still in operation. I missed the first two goals that day :twisted:

I can also confirm that both the adult and the child tickets are identical with exception to a stub that has obviously been removed for the childs version.

I think that you could chance it and if wrong, pay the extra saying it became detached.