Filipe Morais

Jamie_Beatson

Does anyone else think we should forget about playing him as a winger/wide midfielder and play him through the middle? I thought he looked infinitely more dangerous as soon as he went up top.

Definitely!

Behind the front 2 he'd also cause problems with his movement IMO

Does anyone else think we should forget about playing him as a winger/wide midfielder and play him through the middle? I thought he looked infinitely more dangerous as soon as he went up top.

Said on the Hamilton thread that that's what I would do. Leaves room for Swankie if we feel it is warranted. Easily looks as good up front as any of our recognised front me,

• 2 weeks later...

From the Evening Telegraph

Morais fears

St Johnstone midfield man Filipe Morais hasn’t trained so far this week and manager Derek McInnes said he is a concern for Saturday’s home game against Rangers (writes James Masson).

He received a leg injury in the friendly win over Turriff and it’s proving slow to heal.

Steven Milne is also still not back in training due to injury, but it’s hoped both will be back working out in time to be considered for selection.

The same applies to Jody Morris, who is on antibiotics due to a virus.

Meanwhile, Saints played a closed-door game today, giving another run-out to comeback quartet Graeme Smith, Kevin Rutkiewicz, Kevin Moon and Peter MacDonald.

What concerns me most is that someone has given Jody Morris antibiotics for a virus. Surely everyone knows antiobiotics are only used for bacterial infections not viral infections. **** sake. Either the Jim Masson has got his facts wrong (surely not!?) or Jody's doctor is a fraud.

Morais fears

St Johnstone midfield man Filipe Morais hasn’t trained so far this week and manager Derek McInnes said he is a concern for Saturday’s home game against Rangers (writes James Masson).

He received a leg injury in the friendly win over Turriff and it’s proving slow to heal.

Steven Milne is also still not back in training due to injury, but it’s hoped both will be back working out in time to be considered for selection.

Meanwhile, Saints played a closed-door game today, giving another run-out to comeback quartet Graeme Smith, Kevin Rutkiewicz, Kevin Moon and Peter MacDonald.

What concerns me most is that someone has given Jody Morris antibiotics for a virus. Surely everyone knows antiobiotics are only used for bacterial infections not viral infections. **** sake. Either the Jim Masson has got his facts wrong (surely not!?) or Jody's doctor is a fraud.

What's Dukes playing at? :laugh:

Either poor journalism or a doctor somewhere has cocked up.

Morais fears

I think you are being rather harsh on Big Jim there JW :shock: he is a great supporter of Saints don't forget!!

The club will have issued the press report and I am sure I have had anti-biotics for a viral infection in the past where the doctor was concerned that the virus may have secondary effects.