Worst Place You Have Been

Guest Bertrand

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your Airmiles balance should be pretty impressive. I still think it's wrong that you are recruiting your household staff from India when there's plenty of Polish lassies in Tayside that could do a job for you...
Yeah it was a while ago, came in very useful for flight upgrades when going to Orlando last year. Not been travelling much because of this bloody recession but I still have my membership valid in all BA Lounges.

Great when you are going on holiday. The wife and kids can wait outside while I relax, eat/drink as much as I like then meet them on the plane! :wink:

Worst place in the UK is Coventry...go there with work sometimes and it is horrendous.

Coventry is exactly the same as any major city/town in the UK - it's got some rough bits and it's got some nice bits. But for some reason it's got a reputation as a bit of a crime-ridden dump - it's no different though from places like Bristol, Brighton, Manchester, Leeds etc except people's prejudices.

Whats the worst place you have been?

UK based choice and an overseas one as well - I'll start the voting with Birmingham - what a complete and utter dump of a city, closely followed by Sheffield.

Overseas, probably driving through Falaraki (Spelling) - my idea of hell.

I got lost driving in Birmingham once, I ended up in an area that seemed to have no British shops whatsoever and everyone looked at me as if I was dressed in a KKK outfit, wasn't fun!

lots of mingin places around, but I think Harthill is the worst, closely followed by Airdrie. I agree that many of the former mining towns in Fife are pretty bad too, especially Cowdenbeath and Cardenden and some of the towns up north are painfully soulless (Wick, Thurso). Special mention for the scheme you have to walk through to get to Celtic Park when you get the train out from the centre of Glasgow.

Guest Bertrand

For whoever said Marbella - its nowhere near being a dump! You dont often see ferrari's or lamborghinis driving about shettleston/cowedenbeath...

And as for Birmingham - Ive been unfortunate enough to spend collectively about 4 working weeks there in the last couple of years and god forbid I ever have to go back...taxi journey from the airport into the town is like going back in time

Worked in a few rough places.Polmadie near Shawfield stadium,Ibrox and of course Junkie city Paisley.Chapelhall next to Airdrie was a laugh.Bombarded with bricks all night although we were locked in the building the way we seen it for our own protection.Although Easterhouse was the worst.We were told in no certain terms that if we did nt pack up and go we would be shot.Niddrie/Craigmillar in Reekie was quite bad too.

What do people make of Newcastle? heading down there for my 21st, gonna be messy

Reet canny place so but. Was down there last week. Fantastic if you're into clubbing and such (I grew out of that when I was about 18 :roll:) and also worth a visit to Shearer's bar for a pint and the food is cheap too. There's a place called the Gate at the top of Newgate Street which has rakes of bars and clubs all inside.

Rotherham - Its like Dundee and Airdrie on steriods! There is no town centre to speak off. The only shops that are reconiseable were woolies, clintons, and a couple phone shops. There was also a cash generator with people coming in and out of it like tesco metro on south street. In addtion there was also a theatre or something which looked as horrid as cumbernauld shopping centre.