Game Off

taylorboy69

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was inevitable. I haven't managed to get my car out since Saturday and I live on a street where lots of fans park and walk up to the stadium. It is not feasible by any stretch of the imagination to accommodate thousands of extra cars and people in either McDiarmid Park or the surrounding area with the conditions such as they are. Anyone who seriously thinks this is just a 'bit of snow' is just mistaken.

Wonder what the effects will be on the pitch. Nice wee rest for the green stuff, but a lot of water will be swallowed.

Also does the USH need to be on to prevent the water from freezing and splitting the pipes or are the pipes strong enough?

Jamie, the diesel in the tractor is probably red diesel and missing the pump fuel additives. In the early 80s when my old man first wanted a diesel, freezing was a fairly big concern. Popularity of diesel cars caused the fuel giants to make tougher stuff.