Liverpool in a crisis ?

bobby kemp

And that means what exactly?

Not a lot.Its only a game.Your team is through to the next round.Chill.

To quote Sir Alex it was a wee bit squeaky bum time as long as it stayed only 1-0 against ten men from a team in the lower half of the league,but hey-ho job done and no replay to hinder you like your City neighbours.

Not a lot.Its only a game.Your team is through to the next round.Chill.

To quote Sir Alex it was a wee bit squeaky bum time as long as it stayed only 1-0 against ten men from a team in the lower half of the league,but hey-ho job done and no replay to hinder you like your City neighbours.

I'm perfectly chilled. Chilled enough that I don't need to introduce Celticesque paranoia into a refs decisions, one as blatant as you'll ever get.

Glad to hear on Sunday that my team is through to the next round given that they don't play until Tuesday night. Don't tell everyone or the attendance at Tynecastle might be even worse than anticipated.

Let me preface by saying that I'm no Liverpool fan. That said, I think they got jobbed on Sunday.

That penalty looked to be a triumph for divers and cheats. Berbatov should be ashamed. A player of his gifts shouldn't have to dive. I watched the tackle from (probably) every conceivable angle and Berbatov started to dive as soon as contact was made. Disgusting. I think Webb made a bad mistake their. He's beginning to believe too much in his own newspaper clippings.

I agree witrh the sending off, however, and I think it was a brave decision.

With ten men Liverpool played a good game and might have gotten a draw. Reina played a blinder and a tie might have been a fairer result. Man U is going to have to do something about scoring goals.

Smudge

Unfortunately the Ref didn't have the same luxury.

True, but it seems that in the English game that dive is almost the default position. At least ninety percent of penalty shouts are bogus.

However, between the ref and the linesman surely they can judge the quality and effect of a tackle. I doubt that a fifth official behind the goal would have given that as a penalty. For me, it's an argument for goal-area technology. As for delaying the game; they waste more time in arguing the call and swinging purses at each other. (And, incidentally, telling the ref to **** off). 'Fings ain't what they used to be.

Smudge

True, but it seems that in the English game that dive is almost the default position. At least ninety percent of penalty shouts are bogus.

However, between the ref and the linesman surely they can judge the quality and effect of a tackle. I doubt that a fifth official behind the goal would have given that as a penalty. For me, it's an argument for goal-area technology. As for delaying the game; they waste more time in arguing the call and swinging purses at each other. (And, incidentally, telling the ref to **** off). 'Fings ain't what they used to be.

Smudge

The players and managers are quick enough to question the refs 'integrity' and complain when the ref gives a penalty / denies a penalty, yet diving is the players lying to the ref or being dishonest.

It drives me mad :evil: