St Johnstone's Public Relations

O'Rourke

How about keeping up the good work and getting prices for the replay reduced and advertised early. Spoke to a guy this morning who doesn't go to many games and he asked how yesterdays game was and said he would be going to replay but only if entrance was reduced he said £15, but if full price wouldn't probably go. This game has got a lot of folk interested and talking about saints within the area so lets take a chance and reduce prices. Dont care if folk start moaning about glory hunters etc, i just want as many folk coming to see saints as possible!

• 4 weeks later...

Notice further back on this thread that there was some questioning Paul Smith.

Crazy talk to suggest he is replaced/sacked/hung out to dry.

The guy works his balls off for the club, was a volunteer for yonks before he took up the job he now does.

He is the catalyst for a lot of the good that has come out of Saints over the years, but anyone who knows him will also know that quite often his hands are tied.

Is Paul Smith actually qualified or trained in PR? If he's not qualified then he should be replaced by someone who is because the PR in the past few weeks has been disgraceful.

Frankly and for want of better words that's bollocks my friend.Not only is Paul one of the nicest people you could meet he is also an Ambasador for St.Johnstone.Paul doers a remarkable job mostly below the radar andhow any one could suggest he is removed from his post disgusts me

<TABLE id=post312398 class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid" id=td_post_312398 class=alt1>

<!-- / message -->

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid" class=alt2></TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid" class=alt1 align=right><!-- controls --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE id=post312398 class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid" id=td_post_312398 class=alt1><!-- / message --></TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid" class=alt2> [url=http://www.weareperth.co.uk/vforum/report.php?p=312398] </TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid" class=alt1 align=right><!-- controls --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Edited by THE LARK SAINT

Notice further back on this thread that there was some questioning Paul Smith.

Crazy talk to suggest he is replaced/sacked/hung out to dry.

The guy works his balls off for the club, was a volunteer for yonks before he took up the job he now does.

He is the catalyst for a lot of the good that has come out of Saints over the years, but anyone who knows him will also know that quite often his hands are tied.

100% agree Lethamsaint, some of the comments made about Paul and others are out of order

• 5 months later...

Two great bits of PR by the Saints back room team today.

I needed a receipt in order to allow me to take a kid I am mentoring to the game tonight and Paul Smith replied to my e-mail promptly and then arranged for everything to be set up for me.

We also have a French student at work just now and he also came to the game. At very short notice Kevin not only had a message put on the scoreboard for him but also read out a message in French.

On a night of a bad result it was great to see the club put in some great PR work.

I needed a receipt in order to allow me to take a kid I am mentoring to the game tonight and Paul Smith replied to my e-mail promptly and then arranged for everything to be set up for me.

We also have a French student at work just now and he also came to the game. At very short notice Kevin not only had a message put on the scoreboard for him but also read out a message in French.

On a night of a bad result it was great to see the club put in some great PR work.

Great to hear, we don't hear enough of the good things that are done like that.

Well done Saints, Paul & Kevin. Always good when the work behind the scenes gets some publicity.

That's not PR. That's customer service.

...we don't hear enough of the good things that are done like that.

THAT is PR. Making people aware of these things.

• 1 year later...