Dundee Utd Game moved

bigstu

Thats a valid point to be fair. In the lower leagues you can pretty much bank on the majority of games being played at 3pm on a saturday. Now we have early kicks offs, sunday games, monday's etc.. and many people may not be able to adapt to fixture changes.

Yip, it's pissed a few folk off big time, me included. Sunday games at 3pm/3.15pm - don't they know the youths of today (footballers of tomorrow?) play in the Sunday leagues?

And Saturday 12 noon/12.20pm kick-offs. Gash.:evil:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prob wont manage. Starting to doubt the value of a season ticket. We cant get games on or we move them to unsuitable times.

Yup this means that this Saturday is our last 3pm Saturday kick off before the split!

However this game may have to be moved back to the weekend should Rangers draw with Dundee United in the Scottish cup quarter finals Its my understanding that the replay week is the 30th of March. This would then mean our game against Rangers to be moved back 1 week. If we are to play our 33 games before the split date then we would either need to play Monday/Wednesday/Saturday or get this game moved back to the Saturday or Sunday as I see ESPN have other Scottish games that weekend

Its a long shot but so many strange things have happened with our games this season

I prob wont manage. Starting to doubt the value of a season ticket. We cant get games on or we move them to unsuitable times.

Yip, it's pissed a few folk off big time, me included. Sunday games at 3pm/3.15pm - don't they know the youths of today (footballers of tomorrow?) play in the Sunday leagues?

And Saturday 12 noon/12.20pm kick-offs. Gash.:evil:

They dont all over Scotland as in Fife, Lothian and some leagues in the west play on a Saturday morning, which must mean a lot of young players don't get to see pro football in the flesh. I certainly would never have go involved in youth football if Perth and Kinross youth games clashed with Saints. I am sure Mainstand will be able to state more youth leagues that clash with pro days

Yup this means that this Saturday is our last 3pm Saturday kick off before the split!

Home game - we still have Falkirk, Sellick and Accies at 3pm on Saturdays - subject to change to suit the telly of course...:?

Home game - we still have Falkirk, Sellick and Accies at 3pm on Saturdays - subject to change to suit the telly of course...:?

My bad. :oops: I meant home game as a few were questioning the value of a season ticket. I must start going to more away games as I'm beginning to forget they exist :sad:

Its not a popular decision with United fans either

Anyone else receive this email fae McDiarmid Park?

"UNITED GAME SWITCHED TO EASTER MONDAY

The SPL have this afternoon announced that the match between St Johnstone and Dundee United, scheduled for Saturday 3rd April will now take place on Easter Monday, 5th April at 4pm. This is to acomodate live television covereage by ESPN."

Edited by 1884

Have to agree with that. I think a few guys will think twice about renewing next season if our fixtures are going to moved at a last minute whim.

Very few people in Scotland get Easter Monday off as far as I know.

So so true. Ironically I can now make this fixture, but the season ticket only offers a small discount. In light of this, The BIG picture, is how this season has had an impact on ALL Saints Season ticket holders who travel a short or long distance.

Yes a season ticket supports the club, but due to the weather, rearranged games and crazy kick off times, I sadly believe that season ticket numbers will be down next season.................and the men in ivory towers wonder why crowds are dwindling? Maybe these factors along with ridiculous entry prices for children at Celtic Park may be small factors. Grrrrrr.:sad:

The SPL have this afternoon announced that the match between St Johnstone and Dundee United, scheduled for Saturday 3rd April will now take place on Easter Monday, 5th April at 4pm. This is to acomodate live television covereage by ESPN."

Well it sure as hell wasn't done to accomodate the fans!

Yes I did:wink:

I get Saturdays off work and finish early enough most midweek nights to accommodate football. For the years we were in the first division, this worked really well for me and I didn't need to annoy work or any of my colleagues by asking for time off/shift swaps etc. Already this season I've had to go out of my way several times and I have missed games. The crowd will be terrible. I am due to be working that day and with someone else already having the day off, it's unlikely I will be able to get it off too. Very, very disappointing. Saints won't care as the money they lose on the gate they will make up in the television payment. I appreciate they didn't choose the time but they didn't say no either. Letting the fans down with this one IMO. It's not even the case that those who can't attend can watch it on ESPN. We'll all be at work. Ridiculous. And it really does make you question the value of a season ticket when you struggle to attend games because of stupid kick off times.

Football is no longer a sport, it is a business and the one down side of us reaching the SPL, means we are now part of a league that is run by the television channels.

4pm on a Monday is a disgrace and I am now seriously considering whether I will renew my season ticket next season. I want the club to put up a fight for it's fans.

Had delayed my holiday to Sunday so I could make it to the Saturday game. Now these cretins have change the time I will be 350 miles away and have another game I can't use my season ticket for. UNited games have been good this season too. Really disappointed I am going to miss this now.

There to be feedback that we are not pleased with this one.