Curry night

Wish i was Joe McGurn

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good initiative - booked myself and three others in. Odesi is absolutely quality. Hope Kamal brings up a few haggis pakora with him ;)

I think it's a brilliant initiative and was well up for it. However, as a non-meater I checked to see if there was a fish/veg option but was told there was not. I know I'm in the minority but think it's pretty crap. I can't believe it would be that difficult to do even a small veg curry as an option, 99% of events offer a veg alternative and I hope they bear this in mind if they hold it again? We'll save our £30 ahead and just give it a miss. Pretty gutted but guess you can't cater for everyone?

I think it's a brilliant initiative and was well up for it. However, as a non-meater I checked to see if there was a fish/veg option but was told there was not. I know I'm in the minority but think it's pretty crap. I can't believe it would be that difficult to do even a small veg curry as an option, 99% of events offer a veg alternative and I hope they bear this in mind if they hold it again? We'll save our £30 ahead and just give it a miss. Pretty gutted but guess you can't cater for everyone?

Surprised if kamal could not accomodate this,why dont you phone him at Odesi and ask. He put on veg dishes at both the pre match currys we arranged in the restaurant.

Said he couldn't afford one due to your lack of business this year :laugh:

Sorry to say I will be missing this as I will be a good few miles from McD, but the prevailing wind may reach me.

Not had a Ruby for over a month but can't hold out much longer, im sure kamal will be seing an upturn in turnover in the near future.

How does it look for value for money ?

Pretty good. Admission to the game itself would be £15 that night - although entry to the Campbell Suite (same seats, lounge access before game/half time/full time, cash bar, half time tea and coffee and finger food) is £35. This is £30, and is the same except with pre-match curry but no half-time finger food!

Surprised if kamal could not accomodate this,why dont you phone him at Odesi and ask. He put on veg dishes at both the pre match currys we arranged in the restaurant.

That's what I thought but the email reply from the club was basically "tough". No leave it with us, we'll check with the chef etc & get back to you. Don't feel it's my place to chase up the restaurant.The club can obviously afford to lose nearly £100.

" The club are running a curry night so if you don't like meat, don't go."

I'm pretty sure they have veg option in Indian restaurants and its easier and cheaper than meat to cook.

I dinae like Dominos pizzas either so I'm with you there!

Quick question what is a bumder?

Edited by Jimmy Wallaces LoveChild

Some folk just like a moan for the sake of it. If the club were running a dominoes night, I wouldn't go because dominoes is for bumders. The club are running a curry night so if you don't like meat, don't go.

Well done to the club for this initiative though.

Great to hear about the Veggie option, well done Saints and the Odesi!

I think you'll find I wasn't moaning just making a point. I'm all for the Curry night hence the reason I wanted to go. And according to Ginger Baker, the Odesi Buffet has always offered a Vegetarian option.

Saints are a business and if you want to make money and encourage people to come along why alienate part of your prospective clientele. Lots of people don't eat meat including some people for religious reasons. In case you didn't realise it is 2010 and we live in a multi-cultural world, surely the option of a Vegetable Bhoona is not too much to hope for?

Your response is typical if "you don't like meat, don't go". Pathetic.

No, my response is "if you don't like meat, eat it" you malnutritioned waster.

Thanks for your reasoned advice.

I think you'll find due to the fact that 80% of Indians are Hindus that true authentic Indian food is vegetarian. It is only to please narrow minded folk that Indian food in Britain has been reduced to non-authentic dishes like Chicken Tikka Masala.

You enjoy your meat and I'll enjoy the vegetarian alternative thanks. Also, the whole point of my post was to highlight the fact that Saints could be missing out on much needed revenue. I know another 2 people who are now coming because there is a vegetable option.

I think it's a brilliant initiative and was well up for it. However, as a non-meater I checked to see if there was a fish/veg option but was told there was not.

I'm the same as you in that I eat fish but no meat. I was at the first buffet at Odesi and there was a couple of veggie curries on. One was just normal veg and the other was chick pea. They were both teckle. As Ginger says it could be a good idea phoning up Odesi and asking. Obviously the majority of folk there will be wanting mostly meat stuff but he could easy do a smaller amount of veggie stuff.