del and doc sign up

Wish i was Joe McGurn

On the downside we will get another 3 years of 101 telling us how inept Del is and that Del should be sacked.

On the upside another 3 years of Del proving him wrong.

It's a poison chalice though.....if we continue to progress then so will Del. If he is here for the 3 years, chances are we have been fairly average over the period.

Great News though.................

Glad to hear this - at the very least it means if someone comes in for him we'll be due a substantial wedge.

Agree with the sentiments about Liam Craig, and I'm glad to see Jackson coming into the side and doing well (even if it was all too brief on Saturday!). A wee run of games for him and I'm sure he'll be given a new contract no problem at all.

Glad to hear this - at the very least it means if someone comes in for him we'll be due a substantial wedge.

Agree 100%, Geoff Brown knows that Del wont be around long if he keeps progressing as a manager.

At least this way he's secured that we don't lose him for free.

Del obviously knows that Geoff Brown will give him the chance to better his career opportunity comes in and wont ask for the world.

Good bit of business all round.

Also, echo the sentiments above that it would price him out of most other SPL clubs reaches should they sack their manager. Although I think his next move he'd aim much higher anyway.

Guest Harry Curran's Love child

I would think that was the whole logic behind it, for both saints and Del/Doc. I'm sure they still want to progress onto a bigger club/England and would want to ensure saints benefit if someone did come calling.

If Del is still with us by 2013 I'll be very surprised.

Great news though

Absolutely delighted, also some cracking testimonial from the Chairman here.

http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/newsitemsdetail.php?param=1031

It certainly is. Very rare for Geoff to show his feelings so publicly which highlights his regard for Del.

Poor Tony hardly got a mention though. Don't worry, I'm sure there just wasn't enough room on the web page for your write up, Doc!