#09 - 02/10/10 - St.Johnstone 2-0 Hibs - SPL

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that Del felt a goal wasn't coming is interesting because I feel a double subbie is generally the work of a manager who is desperate or gambling.

Been struggling with this, trying to work out how replacing 2 players who are playing utter mince and replacing them with better players is a desperate gamble personally think it just good use of subs

Did you think were good?

Do you think that Hibs performance was better or worse than during the 5-1?

For me, they weren't a patch on what they were in the 5-1 game (or any of the other games between us last season).

Do you think we'll beat ICT playing like that?

EDIT: Interesting to hear that Del didn't think the goal was coming....

I can see what you are saying. I have been far from convinced by our performances this season and feel we have continued from the poor performances that plagued the end of last season. From the sounds of everyone's posts there has not been that great an improvement - just that we scored! I can certainly see why this makes the majority happy.

I have only seen snippets of Caley in the last few seasons but they seem to be very good in an attacking sense. Hopefully someone can leave Ross Tokley in the state of the Aberdeen boy he got stretchered off at the weekend.

The fact that Del felt a goal wasn't coming is interesting because I feel a double subbie is generally the work of a manager who is desperate or gambling.

Are you quoting this

Derek told the Saints Official Website: “There is always a concern when a goal doesn’t seem to be coming and I felt that for five minutes before we scored a few people in the stands were resigning themselves to us not getting a goal."

or has the manager mentioned elsewhere that he thought the same as a few folk in the stands?

Are you quoting this

Derek told the Saints Official Website: “There is always a concern when a goal doesn’t seem to be coming and I felt that for five minutes before we scored a few people in the stands were resigning themselves to us not getting a goal."

or has the manager mentioned elsewhere that he thought the same as a few folk in the stands?

He said last night on Sportscene that he felt the players might be feeling it was going to be another one of those days for 5 minutes before the goal

I can see what you are saying. I have been far from convinced by our performances this season and feel we have continued from the poor performances that plagued the end of last season. From the sounds of everyone's posts there has not been that great an improvement - just that we scored! I can certainly see why this makes the majority happy.

I am happy that we won, but I remain concerned that we are not playing well. Radford, who I generally never argue with, is adament that we did play well but I simply can't agree.

My posts are an attempt to balance the "we're on our way" feeling that I detected on Saturday. I think we got lucky, against a team who played mince. I have yet to read any post which predicts that Saturday's level or performance will result in anything other than defeat in the Highlands...

Incidentally, the ex-Scotland player, Scott Dobie is currently playing for Saints. Wonder if Del will let him play in at real game one day....