Fixture Pile up???

taylorboy69

We are due to play Celtic at home on 16th April.

semi final weekend.

the week after is the split, so it is probably safe to say that we will be playing Celtic the midweek after 16th.

One of us will get thru to the semi.

so if we are in the semis we could probably theoretically play celtic twice (the semi and a league game) .then if we were in the top six celtic again.braw the spl is so feckin wonderful.NOT.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit, watching it all from a distance (and not being in the know of the latest weather and the current conditions), I find this whole debate about postponments/PR/who is to blame/what should be done about it... quite unbelievable!

while its not great for anyone to have games called off, especially the number of games this season, we have had a pretty strange winter in terms of the weather and I think that has to be taken into account. We only have 2 games in hand - reality check - 2 games its hardly a disaster. Dundee United have a whole hat full of games to play - ok some home some away I guess but personally i think the whole debate is getting a little carried away.

Obviously there were problems before christmas with prolonged snow and very cold temperatures - absolutely nothing we can do about that - almost everyone (across the UK) suffered. Since then it has melted, a bit more snow and then a fair bit of rain - its a nightmare for groundsmen and unfortunately it has been a problem for us. Hopefully saints will learn from all this and discuss internally what the best option is for the future, but this shouldnt result in sackings or condemnation of saints.

the pitch in spection at 11am (ish) on saturday has also received alot of critisism - seems to me the ref/saints are damned if they do and damned if they dont - earlier inspection would be good but then giving the pitch less time to drain before deciding. Leaving it later has been critisized but personally i think that time was about right, and a decision made before the away fans had left home while giving the pitch the best chance to be playable.

Its all unfortunate and may cost the club a bit of cash but its not totally in our control and we should live with it. I'm sure the club will discuss internally about how it can be done better

anyway as I say I am 500miles away so its difficult for me to comment (and I expect no doubt lots of people will have a different opinion), but from a distance is my understanding of it all

I have to admit, watching it all from a distance (and not being in the know of the latest weather and the current conditions), I find this whole debate about postponments/PR/who is to blame/what should be done about it... quite unbelievable!

while its not great for anyone to have games called off, especially the number of games this season, we have had a pretty strange winter in terms of the weather and I think that has to be taken into account. We only have 2 games in hand - reality check - 2 games its hardly a disaster. Dundee United have a whole hat full of games to play - ok some home some away I guess but personally i think the whole debate is getting a little carried away.

Obviously there were problems before christmas with prolonged snow and very cold temperatures - absolutely nothing we can do about that - almost everyone (across the UK) suffered. Since then it has melted, a bit more snow and then a fair bit of rain - its a nightmare for groundsmen and unfortunately it has been a problem for us. Hopefully saints will learn from all this and discuss internally what the best option is for the future, but this shouldnt result in sackings or condemnation of saints.

the pitch in spection at 11am (ish) on saturday has also received alot of critisism - seems to me the ref/saints are damned if they do and damned if they dont - earlier inspection would be good but then giving the pitch less time to drain before deciding. Leaving it later has been critisized but personally i think that time was about right, and a decision made before the away fans had left home while giving the pitch the best chance to be playable.

Its all unfortunate and may cost the club a bit of cash but its not totally in our control and we should live with it. I'm sure the club will discuss internally about how it can be done better

anyway as I say I am 500miles away so its difficult for me to comment (and I expect no doubt lots of people will have a different opinion), but from a distance is my understanding of it all

what a very good post

what a very good post

Don't encourage him!

Seriously though, sometimes the best point of view is that which comes from someone who is stood back from it a little and I agree it was a good post. Hopefully in the cold light of Monday morning, folk will feel that calling for sackings and the like was an excessive reaction.

I would add that it makes no difference what time the inspection is. I was already on a train to Perth when it was called off. If it had been earlier I had still pre-booked my ticket up there and couldn't get that back.

I am sure many of the Aberdeen fans would have also spent money on travel that they won't get back. I think it will take Aberdeen fans a long time to bring any support back to Perth as that is twice in 2 seasons we have had call offs against them.

Bring on the summer as the club and the message board are getting cringworthy.

Don't encourage him!

Seriously though, sometimes the best point of view is that which comes from someone who is stood back from it a little and I agree it was a good post. Hopefully in the cold light of Monday morning, folk will feel that calling for sackings and the like was an excessive reaction.

I never cklled for a sacking you anorak:laugh::laugh: I merely suggested that the GM fall on his sword.. Not nearly the same thing as a sacking.. There, that you "TELT":wink:

They will be made to play 3 games a week and add to the conspiracy theories that the SFA do not want Rangers to win anything. Can't see them getting past Celtic at tattie-park so that is one less thing for them to worry about and still have 8 weeks to cram them all in so no problem :laugh:

They will be made to play 3 games a week and add to the conspiracy theories that the SFA do not want Rangers to win anything. Can't see them getting past Celtic at tattie-park so that is one less thing for them to worry about and still have 8 weeks to cram them all in so no problem :laugh:

Problem is Saints, Aberdeen & Utd are all in the quarters so there's no opponent that needs to be played before the split.

• 3 weeks later...

You have to be JOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who the feck agreed to stage the Challenge Cup final at McDiarmid when it's an absolute embarassment? At least Motherwell had the excuse that they had Gretna playing on their pitch. We need to sort our pitch out pretty much immediately, so no way should we allow that game, the Challenge Cup Final for you slowcoaches, to go ahead before it gets sorted.

That's now confirmed on the official site. Relieved they are both the Tuesdays as it means I will make the first of the two games, although I'm holiday for the second.

Still, disgraceful times for the kick offs. Proof if ever it was needed that those at the top of the SPL are more interested in cash than the fans.