Songs for David Goodwillie

Nuggets

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmmmmm......

Do you want me to draw a diagram next time so you might understand. Nevermind a week, you could be hit round the head with a point for a year, buy the official point T-shirt with official slogan and read "The Point for Dummies" best seller and still not get it.

Do you want me to draw a diagram next time so you might understand. Nevermind a week, you could be hit round the head with a point for a year, buy the official point T-shirt with official slogan and read "The Point for Dummies" best seller and still not get it.

To be honest ODAB, I dont think forums, or anything similar that involve the general public (who do not have your work experience) is the best thing for you to participate in......you are beginning to remind me of the guys that stand on street corners shouting about god or wearing a sandwich board with "the end of the world is nigh" on it

In fairness you'd have probably said the same to MLK and Ghandi then (and before anybody complains about that, I'm no trying to compare myself to either, just making a point.) I normally don't bother replying to threads, certainly not on things that are not directly football related. But as I've spent the last three days studying the history golf club designs, I have been greatful for the short respite these thread have given me. That and the fact I have a genuine concern about the way rape is viewed in this country and the statistics surrounding it. Interesting that you would consider knowing about a subject or having experience in it as a reason not to discuss in public. But alas I must return to my niblicks.

Edited by ODAB

To be honest ODAB, I dont think forums, or anything similar that involve the general public (who do not have your work experience) is the best thing for you to participate in......you are beginning to remind me of the guys that stand on street corners shouting about god or wearing a sandwich board with "the end of the world is nigh" on it

Spot on Edstar.

ODAB's easier to wind up though!

check the 3rd 1 down

Reading David's book, which is chock full of episodes that are at once poignant and humorous, took me back to a time in my own life after college when the world was less about the daily grind and more about exploring and experiencing what's out there. My favorite authors have always been the ones who take me by the hand and invite me into their world, and Goodwillie is a truly inviting and engaging host. Thanks for the trip, David, and keep on writing!

Wonderful stuff.