Holyrood Elections

Broon

Which Party will you vote for at the Holyrood elections on May 5th?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With another Holyrood election looming on May 5th I have a nagging feeling the people of Scotland will vote Labour back to power. Considering the scale of the financial mismanagement of the Labour government and a list of mistakes as long as the West Highland Way you wonder why the people of Scotland would consider voting for these clowns?

The SNP have run with a minority government and have managed to deliver a huge percentage of their manifesto promises and I feel rightly deserve a chance to continue what can only be considered a successful spell in charge.

However, my gut tells me Scotland will once again fall to Labour. Personally I will be heavily ashamed of Scotland if Iain Gray is named as First minister. This guy is an ill-informed idiot who partakes in schoolground politics like no other.

So, after my biased rant, who will you be voting for come May 5th?

With another Holyrood election looming on May 5th I have a nagging feeling the people of Scotland will vote Labour back to power. Considering the scale of the financial mismanagement of the Labour government and a list of mistakes as long as the West Highland Way you wonder why the people of Scotland would consider voting for these clowns?

The SNP have run with a minority government and have managed to deliver a huge percentage of their manifesto promises and I feel rightly deserve a chance to continue what can only be considered a successful spell in charge.

However, my gut tells me Scotland will once again fall to Labour. Personally I will be heavily ashamed of Scotland if Iain Gray is named as First minister. This guy is an ill-informed idiot who partakes in schoolground politics like no other.

So, after my biased rant, who will you be voting for come May 5th?

I cannae stop laughing:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I hope none of them win but I would rather have a Libdem/Labour coalition

that Alex Salmon and his Independence pish..And on the highlighted point, . Class sizes are still no where near the figure promised in the 2007 manifesto. They are soft on criminals and that c*nt MacAskill should be strung up for letting the mass murderer go home.

Get them oot I say:wink:

that Alex Salmon and his Independence pish..And on the highlighted point, . Class sizes are still no where near the figure promised in the 2007 manifesto. They are soft on criminals and that c*nt MacAskill should be strung up for letting the mass murderer go home.

Whilst reluctantly agreeing with some of your content - i would DISPUTE your assessment of Kenny Macaskills' involvement in the release of ali baba magrubi--we will now get the truth behind the REAL ring leaders in the PLOT......Gaddafi and his henchmen .

Last thing we need tho is those pompous Tory feckwits -such as annabell goldie and her band -or the greens or labour or the snp....Get rid of the Monarchy and lets do our own thing....Vote -Monster Raving Loonies.

Lets not turn it into a debate on Independence because the election is not a referendum on Independence - its on who is going to run our country for the next 4 years. Lets look at it on the basis of performance. In excess of 90% of the SNP's key manifesto pledges have been met according to the Labour supporting Glasgow Herald. Not bad for a minority govnerment who need support from another key party to do ANYTHING in parliament.

On the issue of class sizes I think that any SNP minister would admit that 18 kids per class is ambitions but its not a failure - its a target. Currently they have managed to get to 22% of all kids are in classes of 18 or less. Not bad considering my Primary school class was about 35 kids. The SNP are working towards this but its not something you can do overnight. It requires extreme stuctural changes in School buildings, organisation of staff numbers etc to achieve this across the board. They have also brought in measures to improve the law to cap to 25 kids - a step in the right direction. There are also more Schools being built by the SNP than Labour achieved in power. Given time I think they will get to their target but it takes time to make a reduction like this. Its only a broken promise if you don't intend on or stop trying to deliver it.

As for Magrahi if you don't like the decision then you disagree with Scots Law. All Macaskil did was follow the law - he didn't make the law. Interesting that there has been no debate on having this 'clause' removed? Labour fully supported this decision in Westminster yet lambasted the SNP in Hollyrood. Party politics at its best.

Lets not turn it into a debate on Independence because the election is not a referendum on Independence - its on who is going to run our country for the next 4 years. Lets look at it on the basis of performance. In excess of 90% of the SNP's key manifesto pledges have been met according to the Labour supporting Glasgow Herald. Not bad for a minority govnerment who need support from another key party to do ANYTHING in parliament.

On the issue of class sizes I think that any SNP minister would admit that 18 kids per class is ambitions but its not a failure - its a target. Currently they have managed to get to 22% of all kids are in classes of 18 or less. Not bad considering my Primary school class was about 35 kids. The SNP are working towards this but its not something you can do overnight. It requires extreme stuctural changes in School buildings, organisation of staff numbers etc to achieve this across the board. They have also brought in measures to improve the law to cap to 25 kids - a step in the right direction. There are also more Schools being built by the SNP than Labour achieved in power. Given time I think they will get to their target but it takes time to make a reduction like this. Its only a broken promise if you don't intend on or stop trying to deliver it.

As for Magrahi if you don't like the decision then you disagree with Scots Law. All Macaskil did was follow the law - he didn't make the law. Interesting that there has been no debate on having this 'clause' removed? Labour fully supported this decision in Westminster yet lambasted the SNP in Hollyrood. Party politics at its best.

Magrahi had NOTHING to do with Scots law. Not one thing.. Oil and trade, Aye but Law.......naw...If you believe that yer in denial.. As for independence, that is the SNPs ultimate aim and until such time as they stop looking for it, I would rather vote for Ancients MRLP than the Nats.

I notice you never said anything on the Nats soft as shite on crime policy??

Magrahi had NOTHING to do with Scots law. Not one thing.. Oil and trade, Aye but Law.......naw...If you believe that yer in denial.. As for independence, that is the SNPs ultimate aim and until such time as they stop looking for it, I would rather vote for Ancients MRLP than the Nats.

I notice you never said anything on the Nats soft as shite on crime policy??

What makes you say they are soft on crime? You mean they are trying something different to stopping repeat offenders? Ask a prison warden if he thinks short sentences are a deterrent? Repeat offenders levels are outrageous.

S.N.F...if it exists?...for imediate action action against immigruntion..beware of the massive hordes ready to debarque..an estmated 3 to 5 million in the next 5 years(time of a mandate)..close the frontiers..home affairs can wait..or can they?..massive cut backs in health care..rising unemployment to come..housing shortages..saw London are refusing dossers to sleep ruff round westminster..soup kitchens prohibited..instead of spending tax payers money on retention centers and their reinsertion once they are regularised..spend it on our own inbreds..reduce dependency on petrol..like Spain has just done..reduced the speed limits thus economisinf 17 pc on petrol imports..become a religeon free state..aye i ken ..religeon is the mana of the people..but with out wheat..yoou dont have mana..independence sounds braw..but as we share the same island..mmm!..an alliance would be better..Scotland should have their own say on foriegn policy..their own army..their own health,education and police systems..not the pocket money hand outs from London..Scotland should be rebaptised to Saint Andys land after our patron saint+yours truly ha hum

• 2 months later...

My thoughts summarised;

Labour are class traitors and deserve the pounding they're getting.

Lib Dems are sellouts who would pawn off their own granny for a sniff of power.

Tories deserve nothing either. Would sell their grannies for "social mobility's" sake.

SNP are the best of a bad bunch.

Spent the morning doing a bit of last minute campaigning outside a few polling stations in Perth, turnout seem's steady! From the people i've spoke to it seems as if the SNP will win the election quite considerably, finges crossed.

For the people who vote at the Letham St Marks Church Hall can you please explain what campainging outside a polling station means, as usual they were totally noticeable by their complete absence!!

Plus, this must be the first election in my many years on this earth, where we have not had a single campaigner call at our door canvassing for support, complete apathy from all parties and they wonder why there is complete apathy in return!!

For the people who vote at the Letham St Marks Church Hall can you please explain what campainging outside a polling station means, as usual they were totally noticeable by their complete absence!!

Plus, this must be the first election in my many years on this earth, where we have not had a single campaigner call at our door canvassing for support, complete apathy from all parties and they wonder why there is complete apathy in return!!

The lack of party members and campaigners from all parties who are willing to canvass and grind out votes is certainly noticeable. I'm young myself and this is the first year i've actively involved myself in campaigning. I think I'm the only active member of the SNP without a free bus pass! It became apparent that I'm one of few people, which I think is a real shame.

I'm not in the Letham constituency due to the boundary changes, but me and a few other party members were certainly outside polling stations in our constituency from 7 this morning, engaging with voters and doing our best to grind out votes. However not once did I see another of the parties doing the same. Im sure they'd love to, there are just very few people willing too. There is just no man power.

I think your suggestion that members of political parties show 'complete apathy' is very narrow minded. I'm a student, I don't get paid for helping the party, but I'm passionate about the countries future. I want independence for Scotland and I plan on campaigning right up until the day we get it. Could be 1-5 years, could be 20 years. I was out my bed at 6 this morning manning polling stations until 3, then happened to have a history exam, then canvassed 200 houses in Muirton in the evening, before sampling at the counting of votes till 6.30 in the morning. I'm not saying everyone should do the same, but I think people need to step back and think about the work that goes into an election campaign. Still, It's all worth it. A majority SNP government is within touching distance! :D