#37 - 02/04/11 - Saints 0-0 Kilmarnock - SPL

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought we were a little unlucky today and for a 0-0 thought the game was quite entertaining.

On another day we would have scored three at least, with McDonald hitting the bar, Samuel's early chance and the one that looked like going in before Robertson's head got in the way.

Grainger looked a little better, Millar was always busy in midfield and looked our most dangerous midfielder, Samuel did a lot of running and the defence never really looked in trouble.

Grainger needs dropped. He's been fairly shit for the last few games.

Millar was immense in the middle again, and Invincible was good too, so Jody might struggle to get his place back.

Edited by duncan08

Peaso's the best striker at the club though...it's been the state of the pitch, bad luck, lack of decent supply, good goalkeeping, he's not fit yet, the feng shui of the dressing room is just wrong for him...that have stopped him from scoring.

Feng shui????????? Feng shui-te more like! He is well past his sell by date now, IMO.

And does feng shui account for the fact that none of our strikers could score in a brothel these days? No it does not. We could easily have won that 4 or 5 nil today.

Honest Saints Fan won't like this, but thank fcuk we've signed Jordan Robertson - he has to be better than the strikers we are fielding at the moment.

People will cite the lack of service from midfield as a major part of the problem, but just remember, they are allowed to score goals as well!:mad::mad:

Hard to believe we never won this,and how much we dominated possession and territory against what most people think to be one of the better footballing sides.Never got a lucky break all day,hitting the bar,cleared off the line,and finally when Midges effort looked net bound,big Jo Ro cleared it wide-not his fault may i add.Plenty good performances,but no luck.If we keep working like this,i think results will come,hopefully against the **** on tuesday!

Thought we did everything right bar put the bloomin ball in the back of the net.

Like the look of Robertson and could have had a dream debut when he was put through just after he came on.

I agree with what was said earlier we will give someone a roasting and hopefully it will be on Tuesday.

Pretty dull game for the most part.

How anyone thinks Chris Millar had a good game today is beyond me. Liam as well.

Maybury was better.

Someone said we lacked conviction but some smart alec said we had plenty, only on the bench.

Poor stuff really.

People will cite the lack of service from midfield as a major part of the problem?

Will they? Clearly you are right about their own goal contribution but in terms of service, what more can they do? Samuel and MacDonald are getting chances, they just can't put them away.

Won't say too much just now but as touched on, it was a peformance that merited a win by a couple of goals and it's frustrating that it's been the same story so often. The defence are outstanding (especially at home) at the moment and that should have been the platform for us to push on and really challenge for the top six. I know it's something fans say all the time but we really do look only a couple of players (creative influence, finisher) away from being a really good side.

Yet another day of failure from our strikers. :roll: At least there was some effort today.

Of our 0-0 games of late this was one of the more interesting games. I like the way that Killie try to play football but Saints were good at closing down the short pass from the back and pressing the killie defenders. This then resulted in them not playing so well in the second half and is yet another game that we should have won.

Radford, I have seen several posts on here which have highlighted lack of service as one of the reasons for the teams lack of goals, yet nobody has had an issue with their comments, so why single me out? I think I'm going to go away and cry now. THANKS A BUNCH.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

To be fair, in overall playing terms the midfield has provided most of the best performances this season, Muzz and Chris Millar (or Millara, as he was called in the match programme today!) being the most consistently good.

Nice to see Liam showing he worth his contact with another shocker- am I the only one that thinks Taylor should get a chance as he really isn't any worse and at least he'll hold the position he's meant too and not go AWOL? Loved JR dumping Wright on his arse been long time since a saints striker had some muscle and used it

Same old same old..... Played well from the back up to the midfield but up front were hopeless again. I actually quite enjoyed the game but the frustration was starting to get the better of me. I wish we could just move the ball much much quicker. We want far to long on the ball and yet again played so much tippy tappy stuff. We need to be a bit more direct. Get the ball and f ucking run at the opposition. No outstanding performances today but Millar and Muzz did well as did super dave Mayburry and Doobs. Encks had very little to do but what he did have, he handled well and made one great save as usual..

I have finally run out of patience when it comes to Grainger. He wantsto much time on the ball and is regularly blocked before he can get the ball away. His passing today was woeful and as for his set piece deliveries.......

Sammy started brightly but as is his want, faded badly. Invincible was okay. Liam tried his best and did okay. As for Peaso....Time to call it quits I think. At one point today I swear hew was felled by a gust of wind. Subbies wise, it was good to see Mooner get on but he and Robertson should have been on 15 minutes earlier. Why Del even bothered bringing Nova on for the last 2 minutes is beyond me.

So overall, another clean sheet is a positive but our lack of goals has now reached crisis proportions.:cry:

Lets hope we are just saving them for the cup as the league is pretty much finished for us this season. Not in top 6, not going down....game over

Onwards and upwards. Bring on the ****..:D

I hate coming to McDairmid sometimes, too many people just jump on the players backs as soon as a mistake is made. Usual crap.

We deserved the win today and thought Sammy should of been off instead of Peaso at the time although I would have taken them both off.

Good to see Kevin Moon back on the pitch, shame he didnt get longer.

We are quite slow and cautious going forward at times and although we are creating chances in good spells I'm finding this hellish to watch at times. Just wish we'd go all out blazing sometimes and give us some excitement.

Thought Saints bossed the game and cannot really remember a serious Killie shot on target (arrived 15 late) At least 6 good chances and at least one penalty shout in the last 45 alone. Duberry had best clear cut chance but skied it. Eremenko not nearly as influential. Must say I'd have prefered three points but not disheartened by any means