Summer Transfer Rumours 2011

Davie81

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kevin's the best player ever to have played for Saints but Del's too stupid to realise this. Mooner should get a 10 year contract and any fee we get for Davidson as a signing on bonus.

Anyone who disagrees is a total moron.

I must be a moron then.

What do morons have for supper, feeling peckish ??

I agree. I've been saying this for 2 years and I'm right. Everyone else is wrong. Davidson's totally overrated. It's been obvious ever since Del wasted a transfer fee on him.

He's not a patch on Mayso, the second best player on Saints books despite Del's tactical ineptitude holding back his development. Craig Brown would never have done that. We'd have been in the top 6 last season if he'd been manager instead of the woeful McInnes.

The sooner we ditch Davidson and give Mooner control of midfield the better. Kevin's the best player ever to have played for Saints but Del's too stupid to realise this. Mooner should get a 10 year contract and any fee we get for Davidson as a signing on bonus.

A long time since I have seen a post like that.

Either drunk or drugs :)

i agree. I've been saying this for 2 years and i'm right. Everyone else is wrong. Davidson's totally overrated. It's been obvious ever since del wasted a transfer fee on him.

He's not a patch on mayso, the second best player on saints books despite del's tactical ineptitude holding back his development. Craig brown would never have done that. We'd have been in the top 6 last season if he'd been manager instead of the woeful mcinnes.

The sooner we ditch davidson and give mooner control of midfield the better. Kevin's the best player ever to have played for saints but del's too stupid to realise this. Mooner should get a 10 year contract and any fee we get for davidson as a signing on bonus.

101?

I am honestly astonished that some people don't care if Murray leaves ect ect. What is wrong with you people. The most talented player to pull on a Saints jersey for many a year. This is the kind of guy a club like is can only dream of having. He has a future at the very best league in the world and he has many international caps to come. We should be queuing up to buy season tickets to watch this young passionate man progress.

If saints are to finish top six, Murray Davidson needs to stay at st johnstone for at least one more season.

No league goals last year

You are easily impressed

I've no idea why he is rated so highly, what does he actually do?

A couple of tackles per match, he doesn't win the ball in the middle of the park and has the finishing touch of Dyron Daal

I agree. I've been saying this for 2 years and I'm right. Everyone else is wrong. Davidson's totally overrated. It's been obvious ever since Del wasted a transfer fee on him.

He's not a patch on Mayso, the second best player on Saints books despite Del's tactical ineptitude holding back his development. Craig Brown would never have done that. We'd have been in the top 6 last season if he'd been manager instead of the woeful McInnes.

The sooner we ditch Davidson and give Mooner control of midfield the better. Kevin's the best player ever to have played for Saints but Del's too stupid to realise this. Mooner should get a 10 year contract and any fee we get for Davidson as a signing on bonus.

That's not even subtle in the slightest and you still managed to get plenty bites. Fair play.

No league goals last year

You are easily impressed

I've no idea why he is rated so highly, what does he actually do?

A couple of tackles per match, he doesn't win the ball in the middle of the park and has the finishing touch of Dyron Daal

I'd have agreed with this before Christmas, but now I would fully agree with RBB. He is a fantastic player and improved a lot in the last couple of months of the season. I believe he will be a premiership player this time next year, at the latest.

If you were to try and buy a midfielder in the Premiership that could tackle like Murray Davidson he'd set you back £10 million. Look at some of the crap (read average/decent) being banded about down there for £10million+ (Downing, Henderson et al). However, because we have such an inferiority complex in Scotland and we think that everything Scottish is shite we will probably settle for what is a ridiculously low amount of money.

Personally in today's Scottish market I'd argue he's worth £500k and a 30% sell on or £700k and a 10% sell on. If we get anything less than £500k I'd just keep him as its simply not worth letting go what could turn out to be a Scotland regular for absolutely bugger all. We should be looking at an amount of money that would allow us to invest into bringing more talent to the club to sell on rather than just enough to cover last seasons losses. It's all well and good fire fighting but you have to look a little bit to the future.

If you were to try and buy a midfielder in the Premiership that could tackle like Murray Davidson he'd set you back £10 million. Look at some of the crap (read average/decent) being banded about down there for £10million+ (Downing, Henderson et al). However, because we have such an inferiority complex in Scotland and we think that everything Scottish is shite we will probably settle for what is a ridiculously low amount of money.

Personally in today's Scottish market I'd argue he's worth £500k and a 30% sell on or £700k and a 10% sell on. If we get anything less than £500k I'd just keep him as its simply not worth letting go what could turn out to be a Scotland regular for absolutely bugger all. We should be looking at an amount of money that would allow us to invest into bringing more talent to the club to sell on rather than just enough to cover last seasons losses. It's all well and good fire fighting but you have to look a little bit to the future.

Broon I agree with your post 100%. What surprises is me is the low rating that some of our own fans give Muzz. It was a pleasure to see him running up and down the Emirates track against Brazil but still our own fans give him a hard time. Defo need the sell on fee if he does go.

Guest Mongy Max

I highly rate the Murray, would be disappointed to see him go, but would be happy for the lad as he deserves to go on to bigger and better things.

If he did go, I doubt the team would suffer as we have a solid midfield to choose from and I reckon Adams could fill Murrays boots and more, he will be the new MMM!!

I would ask for 500k, 25% sell on and a player year loan from them.

I highly rate the Murray, would be disappointed to see him go, but would be happy for the lad as he deserves to go on to bigger and better things.

If he did go, I doubt the team would suffer as we have a solid midfield to choose from and I reckon Adams could fill Murrays boots and more, he will be the new MMM!!

Agree Adams has potential but he's a little rough round the edges. When Murray first came to Saints he was guilty of picking up too many bookings but has nailed it in terms of choosing his tackles and his timing now. Adams still picks up those silly bookings and at times the game can pass him by. I expect with more game time that will improve and if so we will have a very good player. He certainly has the attributes for it.

And £10K for every Scotland cap he receives for his first, say, 20 caps? I think that's only fair.

Anybody who does not want Murray here next season is talking rubbish, I forgot how many Saints players are involved in International setups.

IF he was to move we are right to get top dollar for him, as he has 2 years on his contract and is now a regular in the Scotland setup, and should be looking for at least 700k plus a caps bonus and sell on fees ala Charlie Adam. The difference between us and England is that we talk down our players and they talk up their players, If we talked up our talent in this country we could get some stupid sums on Money but instead we let talent go Down south for buttons who go on to do well Dobbie, Scotland, McCarthy all spring to mind.

Rangers fans claim that thier club have offered Gregg Wylde plus cash to take Murray D to Ibrox.

I read that Wylde was stalling on signing a new contract at Ibrox and that the latest offer on the table would be their final offer to him.

I'll be very surprised to see Wylde in a Saints shirt though.

We nearly got Wylde back in January but landed Novikovas instead.

I'd love to see Wylde in a Saints jersey.:cool:

Wylde has put in some very impressive displays when I managed to see him.

Is the contract he is stalling over an extension to the one he currently has or is he out of contract soon?

Edited by 1884

Wylde has put in some very impressive displays when I managed to see him.

Is the contract he is stalling over an extension to the one he currently has or is he out of contract soon?

IIRC he's out of contract soon?

He's a strong, solid left sider. I'd be happy to have him on our books.