is it worth a bet

rickman52

i noticed that saints are 8/1 to wim the league with a 48 point start does anybody think its worth a bet i think it could be but i only see 1 game per season plus tv so i need help:laugh: :) 8/1 is with hills

Edited by rickman52

i noticed that saints are 8/1 to wim the league with a 48 point start does anybody think its worth a bet i think it could be but i only see 1 game per season plus tv so i need help:laugh: :) 8/1 is with hills

8/1 :shock: Del must have some exciting signings lined up! Messi? Ronaldo?

Best post this in the Saints chat mate, you'll get better feed back.

Definately worth a bet. Last season we would have finished joint second with Celtic on one point behind. Both Rangers and Celtic lost around 5 times last season. The one factor we need to consider is if we make top six, we may gain less points for the last five games. But at 8-1 , I think it is a reasonable punt. Unless either of the OF run away with the league

Definately worth a bet. Last season we would have finished joint second with Celtic on one point behind. Both Rangers and Celtic lost around 5 times last season. The one factor we need to consider is if we make top six, we may gain less points for the last five games. But at 8-1 , I think it is a reasonable punt. Unless either of the OF run away with the league

Remember that it is a 48 point start on the seasons favourites, Celtic, not the whole league. Without knowing how the handicap was set up I'd imagine the likes of Kilmarnock and Inverness would have finished above us in the betting last season.

I would say its a pretty decent bet. I remember winning 120 pounds on a similar bet years ago. I'm pretty sure it was the year we secured our european place but even although that was a fantastic season we only narrowly won over kilmarnock. As someone pointed out its not neccesarily the old firm you need to beat but the kllies, motherwells and the likes. I would have a look at how many point starts they are getting first before commiting money

• 10 months later...
celtic=0 gers=0 hearts=+24 dufc=+26 dons=+34 hibs=+36 well=+36 ict=+42 killie=+44 pars us and fakes all+48 all at 9/1 with hills

Another indication of how well we did this season. We finished joint top of the handicap league with Motherwell on 98 points each.

Don't know if it came down to goal difference or was the odds split.

Even the bookies got us wrong!

Another indication of how well we did this season. We finished joint top of the handicap league with Motherwell on 98 points each.

Don't know if it came down to goal difference or was the odds split.

Even the bookies got us wrong!

the bookies paid out to half your stake i collected £180 1 point in any of our last 5 games i would have collected £360:mad: