MoM Awards - Rnd 2 - Rangers (h)

MoM vs Rangers  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Glad to see a few other folk have voted for Jody Morris, as he gets my vote too. Sad thing is, I didn't want to say that in the original post, as felt it would only generate a series of replies questioning both his contribution to the team and the validity of my opinion because I voted for him.

His pass for Callum Davidson in the first half was excellent and I think we saw why he is picked in the role he is ahead of Kevin Moon. In any ten minute period, I suspect Mooner misplaced more passes than Morris did in the whole match. A sideways pass to an opponent is most often better than a forward pass to the opposition.

Glad to see a few other folk have voted for Jody Morris, as he gets my vote too. Sad thing is, I didn't want to say that in the original post, as felt it would only generate a series of replies questioning both his contribution to the team and the validity of my opinion because I voted for him.

His pass for Callum Davidson in the first half was excellent and I think we saw why he is picked in the role he is ahead of Kevin Moon. In any ten minute period, I suspect Mooner misplaced more passes than Morris did in the whole match. A sideways pass to an opponent is most often better than a forward pass to the opposition.

I would never question the validity of your opinion Radford and I'd hope you would reciprocate. We see things differently, and that's ok. It's life.

I agree that the pass to Davidson was excellent and I'd agree that Jody played well in spells. He begins to lose the way when he doesn't see an option, starts dancing round in circles and losing possession.

It seems, to me, that we are uninspiring in the main when Jody plays. Not always, but mostly we are better and drive forward more when he isn't there.

One thing's for sure, Jody splits opinion in this place right down the middle.

Morris does his job well, but there were no options for him today. I agree that a short or square pass can be effective, but that is about all there was today. The only balls to Haber and Sheridan were to feet, when they dropped deep to get into the game, and subsequently had the whole defence to beat, with their backs to goal. The two forwards need to play together in this respect, because they kept coming deep together.

There was nothing creative in midfield, but on this occasion I would suggest that Robertson, Muzz and Moon were all playing like Jody.

I rate his ability, but question if his game fits into an attacking 4-4-2 with no wide players. He can control the game all he wants, and can pass beautifully, but if there is no-one to feed, it's a waste of a player.

i really cannot believe mooner got pass marks.

he was pulled from pillar to post, all over the shop, left his full backs vunerable when posted missing on numerous ocassions, he was out of his depth.

i really felt for him, he should not be played wide, he just can't do it.

Big mstake from Del.

robertson was shocking but has not played much football last few seasons think in time he will come good anderson was poor for me he was out of position alot and played them onside alot main problem was no natural wide men in midfield need some pace there believe we have the forwards to get goals this season if we can get the wingers to supply them

Morris for me. I agree with Andrew that he can sometimes be too negative, but today he tried to get things doing but had no options to pass forward to, due to a static midfield.

Muzz getting a vote is hard to understand, load of silly fouls in first half and went missing in second. Disappointing after he was so influential last week, he just doesn't contribute enough when we are in possession.