Sportscene

Oldmuirton

Don't know if anyone else noticed, but on Sportscene tonight, that muppet McLean never uttered the word St Johnstone even once. Before the highlights of Saints v Rangers, only Rangers were discussed. The after match commentary , neither McLean nor his guest (Thomson ex Ranger)mentioned St Johnstone, not even once in the passing. (Though they managed to work in a rerun of Rangers v Hearts last week). The closest they got to mentioning that St Johnstone were on the field was to mention that the game was in Perth.

Would they have to stop the programme to wash their mouths if they actually uttered the word "St Johnstone"?

This is taking old firm bias to a new level, and really boiled my p***.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad others have noticed this and it's not the first time MacLean has totally snubbed Saints on the programme. After our match they showed more of Rangers vs Hearts from last week than Saturday's game and, as said, there was no mention at all of Saints.

Actually thought Steven Thompson came across really well on the programme though.

I don't understand why so many of these programmes have gone backwards from what they were in the nineties. Sportscene and Scotsport used to be really good productions.

Glad others have noticed this and it's not the first time MacLean has totally snubbed Saints on the programme. After our match they showed more of Rangers vs Hearts from last week than Saturday's game and, as said, there was no mention at all of Saints.

Actually thought Steven Thompson came across really well on the programme though.

I don't understand why so many of these programmes have gone backwards from what they were in the nineties. Sportscene and Scotsport used to be really good productions.

Wholly agree, I was fuming after the highlights. The post highlights discussion was all Rangers not one mention of Saints the players or the Manager. I thought they might have picked up on the Davidson angle as it's semi Rangers related, but nothing.

Shocking journalism and indicative of the BBC at the moment. Tawdry programme ....

Money.

If ever a program was done on the cheap it's Sportscene. Terrible schedule. Dwindling panel. No features. You can get the same coverage of the match by watching the highlights reel on the BBC.

There is no money in Scottish Football and now unfortunately it's become evident in our coverage.

It was virtually the same on ESPN. West coast bias.

Espn America had a lot to say bout Saints.. which didnt suprise me as Rangers & Celtic are Big fishes in a Tiny bowl......

Remember guys these didi's like sportscene are extremly small minded and when games are transmitted overseas and have the international commentary there never anywhere near as bias...

What a diabolical reporter Mclean is the twonk even managed to talk about the other half of the OF, and they were,nt even playing.

It,s a pity they don,t have a phone in on the programme,but then again i would probably have the polis roond the names i wanted to call him

What a diabolical reporter Mclean is the twonk even managed to talk about the other half of the OF, and they were,nt even playing.

It,s a pity they don,t have a phone in on the programme,but then again i would probably have the polis roond the names i wanted to call him

Canny believe they rehired him after he swanned off to Setanta, bad mouthed traditional fitba broadcasting then got bagged when they went tits up. In any other line of work if you were as incompetent as him you'd get a GIRUY from your old boss if you came crawling back in these circumstances!

Wee rant there sorry ! :wink:

Canny believe they rehired him after he swanned off to Setanta, bad mouthed traditional fitba broadcasting then got bagged when they went tits up. In any other line of work if you were as incompetent as him you'd get a GIRUY from your old boss if you came crawling back in these circumstances!

Wee rant there sorry ! :wink:

Sadly the BBC has form in doing this.

Tend to agree with BlueJ that it is a waste of time, but I've done it anyway just to let of steam. Maybe if enough people complained they would at least notice.

Contact is http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/6358777.stm#contact

Done. Sent my feedback this morning. I would urge others to follow. The analysis from and organisation such as the BBC was appalling. :sad:

Why is everyone so angry at Rob McLean, surely he is the presenter and only reads what is put in front of him or what is said in his ear?

I would assume he is paid to provide some sort of (balanced??!!) commentary. I doubt the whole show is pre-scripted, including his discussions with guests.