Del linked with ... Bristol City

williamwonka

http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/sport/spl/rangers/st-johnstone-look-to-weir-as-mcinnes-verdict-looms-1.1129978

Quotes from our Geoff about the situation. Like his little dig at the Bristol City board.

Shows the standard of the journo. He's clearly just trawled these threads

Edited by ryangordon86

got back from working abroad on sunday - drove past john hughes as he went into mcdairmid car park - Brown must be keeping his options open

Hughes is a funny one....he might just be a guy that we would end up loving, but he would really be starting off with the odds against him imo.

Wouldn't be my first choice

http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/sport/spl/rangers/st-johnstone-look-to-weir-as-mcinnes-verdict-looms-1.1129978

Quotes from our Geoff about the situation. Like his little dig at the Bristol City board.

I have enjoyed th Bristol City fans that have come on, certainly an upgrade from previous lots we have seen but their board appears a shambles and that should concern Del.

I have enjoyed th Bristol City fans that have come on, certainly an upgrade from previous lots we have seen but their board appears a shambles and that should concern Del.

I think we forget how good our board actually are compared to most others.

As did the mirror. Same group so same story. Boring journalist's

Same group Joe, I think someone shot their mouth off after post match drinks last night where Bristol got gubbed again. Really cannot believe he wants to go to a club that has no hope at all and where he will get punted at the end of the season if they go down....... Sunderland job is available I believe :wink:

Guest Harry Curran's Love child
I think we forget how good our board actually are compared to most others.

Spot on. I think Geoff's position throughout this has been a breath of fresh air and an example of how other chairmen should act.

By sending out a strong signal that he would not stand in the way of any manager bettering himself (provided we get suitable compo of course) this maybe would attract some names that perhaps wouldn't be keen otherwise.

He's been completely open that he wants a manager to come in and use saints as a stepping stone to bigger and better things and won't throw his toys out the pram when other clubs come calling. If a guy comes here thinking that being in charge of SJFC is pretty much their peak then they won't get the gig.

he,s got his work cut out keeping you lot up this season !! 4 points adrift at the minute and some decent sides in that division !!! good luck !!

If Del does go to BCFC maybe we should buy him this great wee book on speaking Bristolian as a cheerio pressie :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Load-Old-Bristle-Waiters-Dialect/dp/185306792X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1319015951&sr=1-1

Guest Harry Curran's Love child

It's a bit disappointing that BCFC have taken so long to make their decision which I hope doesn't or hasn't impacted on the preparation for our impending pumping of the Arabs this weekend. If we only manage to win by 2 clear goals then we will know where to lay the blame:

"Perth chairman Geoff Brown has been left to stew for five days after giving the English outfit permission to speak with McInnes last week."

"chief investor and majority shareholder Steve Lansdown, chairman Colin Sexstone and directors John Lansdown and Keith Dawe unable to make up their minds before last night's Championship defeat from Crystal Palace, Brown and McInnes were left hanging."

"The Perth chairman still hadn't received official word last night. He said: "At Bristol there seems to be a board of executive directors and an owner and the owner overrides the executive directors.There's nothing I can do until someone tells me Derek is or isn't being appointed."

If Del does go to BCFC maybe we should buy him this great wee book on speaking Bristolian as a cheerio pressie :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Load-Old-Bristle-Waiters-Dialect/dp/185306792X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1319015951&sr=1-1

Wen oi wuz stoyin' 'ere yokels carled it Brizzle an' City wuz tha segond soide in th' city behoind Rorvers

Only 4 points away from getting out of the relegation zone, its not that bleak a picture when you take into account the boost that a new manager usual gets.

The board are more of an issue than the players I would imagine.

Aye, and the chairman allegedly overules everyone else so it is a bit like Hearts setup I would imagine

Have to say I agree with your chairman,can't understand why he wasn't told Tuesday, assuming it is Del we've got,which seems to be the case with SSN now saying it http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11726_7250785,00.html and the departure of Walshy. It make it all a bit embarrassing from where I'm standing.

By the way that Bristle book be a right proper job my babbers :D