#14 - 22/10/11 - Dundee Utd 0-0 Saints - SPL

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did see a couple of youngsters get turned away while we were in the queue.

Ando was MoM for me, had a great game. Have to agree about Haber, should have been off ten mins earlier. Thought things perked up a bit when Gibson and Finnegan came on.

From where I was sat I couldn't tell if Sandaza had dived or not, didn't help that I had one eye on my nephew. We've agreed to try the football again when he's a little older, don't think he enjoyed it as much as he thought he would. That said, he sounds like an East Stand Moaner in training - asked him afterwards if he enjoyed any of it and got told "No. You'd have to pay me to go to enjoy it". Harsh.

What an arsehole Sandaza is, skins his man then launches himself to the ground.

Game was crap, United should of put 1 of at least 3 sitters away.

Haber was poor. Mooner was awful. Missed Sheridan big time I think.

The rest were fairly decent with Enckleman having a good game. Finnigan looked decent enough when he came on, was much more use to the team than Haber who was either disinterested or just well off the pace.

0-0 against them away from home is a fairly decent result though.

More or less disagree with everything apart from the Sandaza comment!!!

Aye, the Stewards were being arseholes, I grant you. Maybe I'm overprotective of my son, but I don't go to the football to watch folk shout at the police and stewards and get lifted because they can't walk.

I'm obviously wrong though.

Sweetie papers, cant have fun any more!!Man is it not sterile enough ?!!Bring back standing areas

I quite enjoyed the game to be honest, fast paced without any amazing quality.

Anderson was fantastic and without doubt one of the best performances seen from him in a Saints shirt. The best centre-back we have at the club. Wright made a few errors today, but Anderson was calm and composed the whole way through.

Sandaza's dive was disgraceful. He is a fantastic talent, but I don't want to see someone blantantly cheat with my clubs badge on their chest! Call me old fashioned but you wouldn't have seen me celebrate had we of gained a penalty from it. Ref got it spot on!

Point is a good result.

Agree with most of that,apart from the Ando over indulgence!

Ando was magnigificent todaY , United squeezed the midfield in the first half limiting us to very few chances , opened up; in the second half with utd having the more clear cut chances but with Haber off we offered much more , Gibson really looked the part today when he come on .

COYS

We looked like a group of players who didn't have a manager!

Beginning to see what some have said about Frazer. He does pull and push and give away free kicks in dangerous positions.

All in all though a point can't be too bad through there.

Thought you wanted rid of Del?Frazer is fine,just like most cb's he pushes his luck at times,really solid player imo!

My guess is it's hard for players to concentrate fully in a game like this, when the manager has just been poached. The certainties you've been used to, the gaffer yelling from the sidelines, have suddenly gone. In his place are a couple of people effectively auditioning for the job. One of them - Jody - the players know as a mate; the other - Alex - they probably don't come into contact with much. I think it's understandable that the team probably lacks some of the tightness of previous weeks. In my opinion, it was a decent performance to hold it together and get an away point. I don't know for certain, but I don't think tannadice has been all that happy a hunting ground for us over the years?

Would be good to get a new manager in place and get the place settling down again. In Geoff we trust.

Sweetie papers, cant have fun any more!!Man is it not sterile enough ?!!Bring back standing areas

Bring back watching football in any manner, standing, sitting, dancing about, whatever takes your fancy. There's plenty of places to go and stagger about drunk abusing folk that don't cost £20. Very different things.

Good day out, glad I made the effort, ddin't feel too tired despite being up since 3am and doing a hard shift at work till 9. Expected more on the train. Trades House wasn't too busy. Great support through, it wouldn't be Tannadice without at least a few horsed out. Heard some youths on the train before us let a flare off in Union Street. Blatant dive from Sandaza, was right in line with it.

United, shipping goals, were obviously well drilled and I think the primary aim for them was not to concede. Not by being overly defensive, just by working really hard as a team, something Saints do as well. The result was neither team getting too much time on the ball. Point will do.

Bloody Sandaza though.

Two teams trying not to lose the game which made for a total crime against entertainment. I see Cleland said he's interested in the job full time. There's no way I'd be interested in him and I am not sure he's on the chairmans radar? I just don't think he has the leadership qualities you need in a manager. A good coach does not always make a good manager.

I'd be interested to hear from those who haven't rated Cillian so far this season whether that is still the case. I am pretty sure that Cillian would not struggle without Sandaza, the way Fran has struggled without Cillian. We are just poor at the front without him. I am resigned to losing him in January and wish people would appreciate the guy while we have him, because after he leaves we will be watching rubbish similar to what we saw today for the rest of the season.

Sandaza is a fantastic finisher and has a few neat tricks up his sleeve but Cillian is the more rounded player who is capable of single handedly causing mayhem at the back. Uniteds defence would not have had such an easy time of it today if we'd had him in the team. As for our defence, Steven Anderson had a magnificent game and Wright really struggled against their number 19 but as a partnership I think they complemented each other well.

Definitely missed Sheridan yesterday, Haber didn't have a brilliant game so that made it worse. When super Carl came on we were much more of a threat, so maybe Sandaza and Haber just doesn't work.

I don't agree that Sheridan is a better player than Sandaza. It's a fair point though that Sandaza hasn't looked as magical without Sheridan - shows the importance of a good partnership.

I criticised Sheridan at the start of the season, as (coloured by his last spell) I thought he wasn't trying. However, the way he's played since then means that either he was just struggling to get up to pace, or that he has changed his attitude.

I hope he's back fit as soon as possible because we're poorer without him, and I also hope he keeps his form up - I'm half way to changing my opinion :razz:

Edited by monkfish

Thought you wanted rid of Del?Frazer is fine,just like most cb's he pushes his luck at times,really solid player imo!

No, didn't want rid of Del. Did wish he'd stop tinkering and playing odd formations. When he got it right he got it well right, which was more than when he got it wrong.

Frazer I agree on. It is a worry at times when and where he gives free kicks away.

Sheridan in the last 6 or 7 games is not the same guy as in the first 5 or 6. As monkfish says something changed. He is playing better than he did first time around.

Glimpses yesterday of what Gibson is capable of too.

Won't be easy but hope we can recapture the form that got us equal with Celtic. Equal with Celtic? When did that last happen? Radford?

Ando was magic.Saints fans were magic,all of them.What a difference when you come to places like Tannadump and your given the respect of the old firm.United worked their socks off to stop the wee team from up the Tay playing our game:shock:.It took SAS about 3 or 4 games to get their act together.Give Haber time and he will come good.A wee bit of patience.Bring on the fakes.Perth and proud of it!