What was your favourite pub in Perth that is no longer with us ?

SingaporeSaint

The market bar (now flats beside morrisons). Started drinking in there when I was 16/17ish. I worked on tescos checkouts at the time and remember the barman (George) came through buying alcohol. As I was underage I had a sign up saying I needed to ask the superiors to sell alcohol. Thought my days were numbered in the market. Next time I went in he just served me without battin an eye. Quality establishment!!

The market bar (now flats beside morrisons). Started drinking in there when I was 16/17ish. I worked on tescos checkouts at the time and remember the barman (George) came through buying alcohol. As I was underage I had a sign up saying I needed to ask the superiors to sell alcohol. Thought my days were numbered in the market. Next time I went in he just served me without battin an eye. Quality establishment!!

yep forgot about the market, Sausageman another Lowdens pub as was spinkeys, i supose it was where Davie was working near:)

sorry Davie :roll:

Sounds about right. I got served in my school tie there once.

St.Johnstoun Tavern. get it right S.A. :wink:
My Auld mans pub after the Glennie closed. Went in the Saturday after I turned 18 went up to the auld yin and said to him are ye buying me a pint his response was whit the feck are you doin in here! he did buy me a pint. My first legal one:laugh:

St Johnstoun Tavern back in the days when Tony had it. Great pub, log fires at either end and the first place in Perth I ever got served. We used to bunk off school at lunchtime and cram in a few pints before 2.30 afternoon closing time,22p a pint in those days.

For music,the Cellar and the red web were brilliant,rock discos from ardvark,gary stagg I think was the rock dj.

St Johnstoun Tavern back in the days when Tony had it. Great pub, log fires at either end and the first place in Perth I ever got served. We used to bunk off school at lunchtime and cram in a few pints before 2.30 afternoon closing time,22p a pint in those days.

For music,the Cellar and the red web were brilliant,rock discos from ardvark,gary stagg I think was the rock dj.

Tony was a prick!!!!