Geoff Brown steps down

ex-montrosesaintee

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There will be no love messages from the "free the Inverness 19" or hoewever many it was.
We ve all been a bit naughty in the past,eh John,but my only gripe with Geoff is that its taken so long to realise that the club have not been as active in the community as they should of been.The fans have been shouting out for this for years and its been plain to see with the dwindling crowds.They are now addressing this but unfortunately its been to the detriment of the last few seasons and the next few.

Hats off to Geoff Brown and all he has done for our club. It is enturely fair to say that without him our club, at best, would have spent the last 25 years languishing in the lower reaches of the Scottish league in a comdemned ground or worst would've ceased to exist at all.

I'm optismistic for the future but have one slight concern...years of watching Hollywood tells me that whenever a son takes over a company/empire from a benevolent and much loved father the son invariably becomes a depotic power crazed nutjob....I'm sure this doesnt apply here though.

Hats off to Geoff Brown and all he has done for our club. It is enturely fair to say that without him our club, at best, would have spent the last 25 years languishing in the lower reaches of the Scottish league in a comdemned ground or worst would've ceased to exist at all.

I'm optismistic for the future but have one slight concern...years of watching Hollywood tells me that whenever a son takes over a company/empire from a benevolent and much loved father the son invariably becomes a depotic power crazed nutjob....I'm sure this doesnt apply here though.

Sssshhhhh....Steve will have you killed

I guess this day had to come eventually but I'm pleased it's stayed within the family and that we can continue to be run in a way that Geoff would approve of.

In modern day football which is blighted with greed, financial mismanagement, dishonesty and disloyalty we've been blessed with Geoff Brown - a man who has formed a solid business where in reality there was none. A true businessman and lover of the game who has, and will continute to have, the clubs best interest in his heart.

Let's hope Steve Lomas brings the love of Football back to the Perth public and that we can all get behind what in reality is a truely remarkable football club.

We stick two fingers up to the Manchester City's, Hearts, Rangers and Liverpool's of this world.

I've been updating Geoff's Wikipedia article a wee bit and wonder if anyone who knows can confirm or correct some facts? I've got a bit of background from today's PA.

He has two sons? Correct? Steve and ?. Any daughters?

Born 1943?, anyone know the exact date? (long shot)

He married his wife Joyce in 1962?

Is he still chairman of G Brown construction?

Anything else about him of note?

I've been updating Geoff's Wikipedia article a wee bit and wonder if anyone who knows can confirm or correct some facts? I've got a bit of background from today's PA.

His other son is Stuart. He runs the pie stands.

Geoff - he'll still be there.

The first time I acknowledged Geoff Brown was when I was working on the South Inch boating pond in the summer of "74" with five others. The water had all drained away and we were to dig it up, get rid of boulders and obstacles then flatten the earth solid. Then on Wednesday of that week a giant digger appeared with the name BROWN on it and dug the whole pond up probably locating some pre-historic rock too and then flattened it all in a morning. All we had to do was put down the non leakage protective layer. One of the lads working with me (Urquhart) said "My sister works at Browns, he's got another one of these Diggers, he's a millionaire". :laugh: Aye right two diggers and he's a millionaire. Very funny. Sorry Geoff he was sort of right. :oops: Thanks Geoff since that morning's digger saved us four weeks work. :) Anyway ...........

Thanks for the great times and the horrific times when esteemed and intellectual journalist Chick Young stated on radio, TV and the newspapers "Who do St. Johnstone think they are?" when you sacked Sandy Clark because we were bottom of the league. :laugh::wink: We should know our place was the assumption, we are an inferior species. I hope and know Steve will be similar to you. However Chick redeemed himself by putting all his emotion and passion into major big spending but as you correctly said unsustainable Gretna. These are the people who criticise foums and that all knowledge comes from a few jounalists.

The great legacy really although it is often forgotten because of the Billy Dodds transaction is that you made Saints a going concern, the fact Saints only spend what they get in from income and you expanded the income sources. .

Just like all my memories of Saints the same names keep cropping up and that multiplies into thoughts of others. You will be one of these names that keep cropping up and then reminding us of others - a true great.

In a different way I know what it's like to accept it's not possible for various reasons to do the same things you did previously BUT you can do other things and still contribute to Saints.

Best wishes and thanks to you and the club for all your personal help - Ronnie.

entirely agree with everything that has been said but can I introduce a cautionary note I think matching a completely inexperienced manager with a completely inexperienced chairman is not very wise. For those of you who think Steve has been involved before read GB's comments re one to one relationships which would suggest Steve was never involved Think Geoff should have stayed till end of season Lomas didnt join Saints because of Steve Browns reputation

wrong thread for your caution.

His grandsons are a pair of racist yobs :eek:

http://thesun.mobi/thescottishsun/news/3414056/Saints-sinners.html?mob=1

GB telling us not to wish the **** demise in the sunday mail,i know he's talking sense,but it's so hard not to hope the bigots do go into admin!:)

Exactly the sort of short term thinking that has got Scottish football into the mess it's in.

For all the good Geoff has done for Saints, he's also been a major player when it comes to 10 team leagues and leaching off the OF. It's a bit much Geoff complaining that the Scottish game is at it's lowest ebb for 25 years when he helped it get there.

Exactly the sort of short term thinking that has got Scottish football into the mess it's in.

For all the good Geoff has done for Saints, he's also been a major player when it comes to 10 team leagues and leaching off the OF. It's a bit much Geoff complaining that the Scottish game is at it's lowest ebb for 25 years when he helped it get there.

i can agree with yer view somewhat.nobody said the blighter was perfect!