Sandaza

robinsaint

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My position on this matter is clear, I hope he stays as long as possible as he is a quality player and worth paying to see. But it should be pointed out that the world famous SAS have scored less than Daly and Russell. I actually think Sandaza is probably the best all round non-Old Firm striker but I find it very interesting how media and rumour affect perception.

What is the comparison with games played? Cillian has certainly missed a good few games, and Fran some also?

I would happily lose him on a free.

We have been lucky to have him for the time we have, and if he continues to play like he has and then goes for nothing, he sure as hell wont owe saints anything.

Would much rather lose him for nothing than take anything under 350k, although I agree that teams would be looking to pay considerably less

Good as he is I'd be surprised if anyone offered £350k when they could sign him on a pre-contract & get him for free in the summer. Craig Whyte certainly won't throw money about. As for English clubs depends how desperate they are. Fran would probably prefer to go for free & get a chunk of the £350k as a signing on fee. :laugh:

What is the comparison with games played? Cillian has certainly missed a good few games, and Fran some also?

Not 100 per cent sure. Russell hasn't been a regular all season and missed a lot . Daly has played most games but some at the back. I wasn't knocking the SAS or indeed comparing the two strike forces directly. Sandaza and Russell both are more entertaining and have the ability to create chances for themselves where as Sheridan and Daly require service. Just pointing out that because United are allegedly having a poor season and Saints are having a good season, Sheridan and Sandaza make headlines and Daly and Russell don't. Sandaza would certainly be the most likely to be able to handle a step-up to a higher level at the moment though. Also interesting that Rangers will probably be getting in excess of £7m for Jellyfish. Playing for the champions who create more chances but his statistics aren't that impressive.

Unfortunately it looks likely that he will go to the ****:sad: Apparently he was/is holding out for a move to them,

Whilst I would prefer him to stay I understand fully a players wish to play at a higher level but I hoped that he wouldn't go to either of the OF! Think it will not be a great move for him, they will use & dump when it suits them. The **** seem to be a trawling for bargain basement prices eg trying for Nacho Novo after he was shown the door. Seems likey that they can afford wages but not a big fee for players, probably hoping to coin in it if Jelavic moves.

Still it ain't over until the fat lady sings......and I can't sing!!:laugh: Here's hoping Fran re-thinks & doesn't go to the bigot bros.

Why would a player "rebuff offers from elsewhere to sign for Rangers".If Bristol City or any club come in for him with an offer of £10000 a week and a 2 year deal he'll be away to them.

If he signs in January,I guess he would get less of a signing on fee with Rangers because they would have to pay a fee for him.

If he signs a pre-contract with Rangers then there is always the risk with such an injury prone player that he might pick up an injury in the second half of the season which would be tough luck on Rangers ha ha ha ha.

Guest Harry Curran's Love child

I'd be disappointed if this is true and quite frankly amazed. Commit himself to arguably one of the most financially unstable clubs in the UK? Wasn't that the reason he didn't want to move back to Spain in the summer? Why sign a pre-contract now when there will undoubtedly be many more clubs circling in the summer? Ones with bigger budgets and better finances that Rangers.

I'd still take this report with a big pinch of salt. No quotes from Fat Ally or anyone else than mention Fran directly by name. So I'll believe it when either Saints or Fran mention it.

I agree. That's just pish reporting...Typical of the standard of most ( notice Jamie, I said MOST:laugh:) journalists these days.

I agree. That's just pish reporting...Typical of the standard of most ( notice Jamie, I said MOST:laugh:) journalists these days.

It is pandering to the masses. There were at least 743,679 reports claiming that Goodie would reject everybody else for Rangers. Allan had a fair share of similar reports. It sells papers. Surely nobody would sign for Rangers til after the tax case has been solved?

Champions league is the carrot that springs to mind.

A Champions League qualifying round followed by a Europa League qualifying round you mean. Pretty shite carrot if you ask me.

I can't see Fran staying in Scotland, (if he leaves us that is) he has nothing to prove here and will earn twice as much if he goes to England. The Rangers stories are complete bull. If Fran is being linked then so should heffernan, daly, shinnie. All having pretty good season too. Fran is flavour of the month though so until he goes off the boil or one of the aforementioned goes on a good scoring run then we just have to listen to and read that keich.

Champions league is the carrot that springs to mind.

I think it will be down to money & playing for a high profile club.

Is there more than one Champions league spot available to Scots ?.

Will Rangers still be in business next season ?.

Will they be deducted at least 10 points ?.

Why would Sandaza commit himself until he sees what other teams come in for him ?.

Don`t do it Fran ,it will be a big mistake.

FFS...this is a St Johnstone site and a thread about a St Johnstone player...STOP going on about Dundee United players. Give it a rest for God sake.

I was actually supporting what somebody else said with examples, who happened to be United players. You see that tends to add weight to an arguement.

Careful, he's always right (according to him)

Yeah because I've been so far off base with this one. If only I could have predicted this situation arising. I love the fact that your only objection is I'm a United fan first. Never mind if what I've said is accurate or the same as anybody else, because I'm United fan I can't know what I'm talking about. We'll ignore I've follwed Saints for over 20 years too because that wouldn't suit your arguement either.

Yeah because I've been so far off base with this one. If only I could have predicted this situation arising. I love the fact that your only objection is I'm a United fan first. Never mind if what I've said is accurate or the same as anybody else, because I'm United fan I can't know what I'm talking about. We'll ignore I've follwed Saints for over 20 years too because that wouldn't suit your arguement either.

What you fail to realise is that in the great expectations thread, my opening post was that saints should push the boat out and offer our good players deals to entice them to stay, which may or may not work, and not jump at the first stupid offer in January, as we had them contracted until may, and we weren't under pressure to sell.

You then told me that was pish and that saints were basically in financial ruin and couldn't afford such nonsense.

I believe the way things have panned out show that you are, indeed, talking out your arse, and yet you still try to justify your position, whilst name dropping Goodwillie and Daly every 5 minutes.

Think before you talk crap on other team's forums.

I hope Fran reads some of the rangers fans dribble on twitter. Never heard such total sh1te in my life.

Couldn't get a game for united

Why are we signing a st Johnstone player?

Seriously. They are bankrupt. They may have no strikers left by next week. What do they think will happen? Messi sign for free because they are so awesome?

I was actually supporting what somebody else said with examples, who happened to be United players. You see that tends to add weight to an arguement.

I don't care one iota about your flawed reasons. I care about consistently having Dundee United and their players rammed down my throat on a St Johnstone forum. With the media its the OF. Here it's you and your equally tedious mate and Dundee United. You want to talk about United all the time so just go to your own Mad site and leave us in peace.