A Referendum on Independence

henryhallsdanceband

does anybody know if Salmond has mentioned anything about the armed forces? are we forming some sort of scottish defence force? or has he not thought that far ahead yet? cheers

Scottish regiments become Scottish armed forces. No airforce other than army air corps, coastal surveillance - and similarly navy - coastal surveillance, fishery protection, coastguards etc. Scottish Army contributes to NATO and EU forces. Think that's the idea. Charge rest of UK (a packet) for use of Faslane for UK hosting nuclear deterrent.

just as hard or if not more, to fight against imperially heavly armed colonials. tanks are hard to blow up and ships are hard to sinq! people are not... belive it or not, its a tactic that has been used since time began.... be careful people what you say and how you say things about this subject ( not of her majesty, i hasten to add!

there will be different franctions in the pro indepenance, the unionists too ( can you imagine an enthnic cleansing like in Bosnie? i can

What's the English referendum going to be about - England leaving the Union because it's pissed off with Scotland? After all England can't vote to throw Scotland out of the Union. England leaves the Union then AS A RESULT Scotland will vote for independence in two shakes of a dug's tail. And then what about Wales and NI - cast asunder.

So there will NEVER be a referendum for England to leave the Union. So what Union-related referendum could England have? All the English referendum 'debate' is complete boll**ks - those who spout this stuff haven't actually any idea what they are talking about or asking for.

So there will NEVER be a referendum for England to leave the Union. So what Union-related referendum could England have? All the English referendum 'debate' is complete boll**ks - those who spout this stuff haven't actually any idea what they are talking about or asking for.

Ah'ken - Independance for england... whatever next eh! who dae they think they are. :laugh:

so royal regiment of scotland , with be all arms regiments. so for us non infantry soldiers , will we be recalled from our corps to join this scottish defence service?

If your skills are required I'm sure they would welcome you back with open arms providing the British Army release you from your contract.:wink:

Tell you what SS, if Scotland intend on introducing some form of tax (US style) payable regardless of where you live in the world then I think you'd be entitled to a vote.

If not then any Polish, French, Spanish Chinese or Indian immigrant living here is more entitled to a vote than you (regardless how long they live here Herts, chances are if they're on the voters role they actually give a toss). They will be directly affected by any decisions made by our government after all.

Tell you what SS, if Scotland intend on introducing some form of tax (US style) payable regardless of where you live in the world then I think you'd be entitled to a vote.

If not then any Polish, French, Spanish Chinese or Indian immigrant living here is more entitled to a vote than you (regardless how long they live here Herts, chances are if they're on the voters role they actually give a toss). They will be directly affected by any decisions made by our government after all.

Tax, what's tax ?

Don't worry, not daft enough NOT to pay my NHS stamps :wink:

Will retire gracefully between Spain/Leafy Surrey/Perth and Loch Fyne with ambulance numbers on standby. Do I hear a "chip on someones shoulder".

Never felt so passionaite about something in my life lads.

Vote Alex, Vote Scotland, Vote Freedom.

Gies our oil back England.

Lets get out of Europe too and make Scots a country for the Scots only.

Scotland is the bestest country in the world. We don't need anyone else to make it work.

Scotland is the bestest country in the world. We don't need anyone else to make it work.

With people like you leading things, it's bound to be a great success

Don't worry, not daft enough NOT to pay my NHS stamps :wink:

Will retire gracefully between Spain/Leafy Surrey/Perth and Loch Fyne with ambulance numbers on standby. Do I hear a "chip on someones shoulder".

I think you are confusing envy and morality there is nothing you have described about your life that makes it remotely attractive to me although I love your mixed metaphors.

Good luck with phoning an ambulance in Surrey, after the Tories' health reforms take effect you'll probably be picked up by a Tesco lorry.

I think you are confusing envy and morality there is nothing you have described about your life that makes it remotely attractive to me although I love your mixed metaphors.

Good luck with phoning an ambulance in Surrey, after the Tories' health reforms take effect you'll probably be picked up by a Tesco lorry.

aye and remember yer tesco clubcard and bring yer ain bag.

Muppet...!