Sponsored walk for Saints and others Saturday 26TH May

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Tranmere saintee and I checked out the Dundee route yesterday by car,foot and cycle.

There is a proper path all the way along the route with the exception of the few hundred yards through Walnut Grove.

The route will take us through the villages of Longforgan, Inchture and Glencarse.

We traverse the A90 on the path on the flyover at Inchture and Glencarse.This is necessary as the path crosses from one side of the A90 to the other at Inchture then back across at Glencarse.

We will have the route typed up for the walkers on the day.

We have to notify Taysides finest of the route and the approx number of walkers.

We are planning on restricting the Dundee leg of the walk to over 16's only. We dont think it is suitable for any one under 16 due to the length of the walk and the proximity of the A90. At no point do we actually walk on the A90 but on 2/3 stretches the foot path is next to the A90. A final decision on the minimum age will be taken at our next meeting on Thursday.

Following our meeting on Thursday we will get the sponsor forms out and get the walk advertised beyond WAP.

• 2 weeks later...

Saints have donated 1 adult and 1 under 18 season ticket to the adult and under 18 walker that raise the highest amount of sponsorship on the walk.

The season tickets are for next season and are for the East Stand.

This is a great gesture from saints and adds another edge to the walk.

Sponsorship forms are now ready for collection. To take part in either walk please email wapbarossasaints@hotmail.com with your name,home address and mobile and landline telephone numbers. Please also state if you are doing the North Inch walk or the Dundee walk.

Your details will then be put on a sponsors form and put in an envelope with your name on it. The envelopes will be left behind the bar ar Barossa St so we have a central collection point.

We are hoping for a good trurnout of walkers and everyone has a chance to get a free season ticket for next year.

The walk is open to everyone not just Barossa St members.However an age restriction has been applied to the Dundee walk. Minimum is age has been agred at 16 and 16 or 17 year olds must be accompanied by a responsible adult. No restrictions apply to the North Inch walk.

If you require any additional information please let us know.

Good luck to everyone with your fundraising.

We have agreed our first 2 sponsorship deals with saints to support the youith teams,details on these 2 deals will be made public ion the near future.

Edited by Ginger Bakers rebel army
change of title and adding age restriction.

• 4 weeks later...
A date for your diaries just now, Saturday 26th May.

Our next big Barossa St fund raiser for saints youth development is a sponsored walk on the 26th of May. For this one we are also doing a bit for charity. 50% of the monies raised will go to our youth development fund,25% to Erskine.org.uk and 25% to Perth Abandoned Dogs Society.

Erskine is the charity that each year cares for 1,400 ex-service and serving men and women of all ages.

There will be 2 walks on the day.

For those that fancy a bit of a challenge 1 walk will set off from the garage at the Dundee end of the dual carriageway just before the swallow roundabout and walk back along the cycle path to Barossa St.

The second walk will leave from Barossa ST and walk around the North Inch,as many times as you want. It is 1.5 miles per lap of the inch.

Both walks will be timed so that they finish roughly at the same time.

Then its back to Barossa St for some nibbles and a few beers.

The walk from Dundee will take between 6 and 7 hours possibly longer depending upon ability.

This event is still in the early days of planning. We have a first aider for both walks and a support vehicle for those walking from Dundee.

The sponsorship forms are being produced and we will let you know when they are available and how you can get one. If you want to send me or any of the committee your email address by PM we will make sure you get a form.

This is a great way to help us raise monies for saints and 2 very worthwhile charities.

We are currently in discussion with saints about supporting the 4 youth teams by utilising some of the funds we have already raised, more on that to follow in due course.

The sponsored walks are open to everyone, we would like to see as many taking part as possible, we would hope that all our WeArePerth Barossa St members will take part and many many more as this is a great opportunity to help the club and 2 fantastic charities.

If you cant make it on the day but would like to be involved then please get involved with sponsoring one of the walkers.

I have my name down for the walk back from Dundee, we are looking for as many as possible to get involved so please let us know if you want to take part.

Further details to follow as things develope.

Time is running out to get your name down for the sponsored walk.

I will be doing the North Inch walk.

If you can't manage either of the walks, it would be appreciated if you could show your support through sponsorship.

Any amount however large or small greatly appreciated.

thanks

T.H.

If you can't manage either of the walks, it would be appreciated if you could show your support through sponsorship.

thanks

T.H.

Good call Hoodlum.There will be a lot of very sore feet legs and other parts of the body on Sunday the 27TH.

If anyone wants to make a wee donation direct they can contact ancientsaint who will PM you our bank account info .

Barossa St are kindly laying on some sandwiches etc for the walkers to be served at 5pm for anyone who has made it back by then!!!!!!!

Still time to register if you want to get involved, our second sponsorship deal with saints( details to be announced) is going to put a big hole in our bank account so the more saintees we can get involved the better.

50% of the monies from this one are going to our youth development fund and 25% each to Erskine House and PADS.

thanks

T.H.

If anyone wants to sponsor an individual walker, apart from Hoodlum and myself amongst others walking are SLF, Ghostie, Gav, STJMain, Doctor Christmas Jones,Wish I was Joe McGurn,Perthpower, there are of course others but I cant remember all the WAP i'd's so if you are still looking for sponsors and are on WAP please post on here and you never know who might through a few quid your way.

Don't know if it makes any difference.

The petrol station is closed and is having work done on it at the moment. Doesn't say how long it will be closed.

Thanks for the update, we will pass it on the way to the Swallow roundabout ,if it is still closed on Saturday we will just start at the big layby before the BP garage.

See you Saturday.