New Shop Thread...

St Mikey

I saw the day they Sports Direct is opening up on the High Street next to Costas.

Thread for new shops.

Spoke to one of the Sports Direct guys today as they were stocking up, Opens tomorrow.Went on to say that the shop opposite was to be a J.D Sports shop.Starbucks moving to Perth too.Wev'e only been a City 10 minutes :laugh:

It's such a shame what is happening to Perth. It should be a great little city with the central location with good road and rail links. Yet there is not a decent hotel in the city, no decent conferencing facilities or any drive to bring new business to Perth.

Driving down the Glasgow road in town down is depressing, I now try to avoid it when I'm back visiting the folks.

There are many threads on here about old shops, old pub and things Perth needs but the council does not do anything. Is there a plan for Perth town centre? Is there even a department within the council?

It's such a shame what is happening to Perth. It should be a great little city with the central location with good road and rail links. Yet there is not a decent hotel in the city, no decent conferencing facilities or any drive to bring new business to Perth.

Driving down the Glasgow road in town down is depressing, I now try to avoid it when I'm back visiting the folks.

There are many threads on here about old shops, old pub and things Perth needs but the council does not do anything. Is there a plan for Perth town centre? Is there even a department within the council?

They are going to increase the number of hanging baskets...that should sort out all the problems :roll:

A large part of the problem is online sales. For so many people these days they do not want the hassle of going up to the high street to shop so they will just order on line to get delivered when it suits them.

How can the high street compare against that? Councils can refuse to allow out of town shopping but they cannot stop retailers from selling online and delivering to your door.

Murrayshall and The Sunbank Hotel are 2 of Perths finest and I think pretty decent. There also conferencing facilities at Scone/Perth Racecourse from what I recall and are there not also conferencing facilities at Dewars and McD?

Edited by StDuncM

Me and my mate were thinking about new places we could get to open now we're a city :)

Subway, Burger King and Nando's were on the list but they all had to be in the centre and not lying out by KFC or McDonlad's where nobody wants to walk to! We did fancy a Hooters but If the old folk dinnae like Ann Summers window displays I dinnae think they're gonna like Hooters.

What with the extra government funding we get it'll be interesting to see how the council spend it, knowing them they'll spunk millions on art sculptures and flower arrangements.

cell phones orders home deliveries a,d internet on line shopping,in twenty odd years or so has dramatically changed our habits...there is good and bad in that!

what will towns become now that the robotic re volution is already under way?

robot bus drivers robot prison guards,robot soldiers,robot planes and boats etc

not the robots that build twenty cars an hour on a car assembly line, but hi tech self thinking logical types

it is my opinion that robotics is going to have an impact on society more so than cell phones and internet

for the younger ones going or will be going to universety...thats the future

yous might be to young to remember

the people who first jumped on the phones and internet wagon...made,are making fortunes