An open letter to St Johnstone Chairman Steve Brown

Calypso Kid

John I think the money will talk and only Celtic will vote against newco.

I think you are probably right and Celtic will announce to the world that they were against it but were out voted. They will look the good guys to their support and the rest will suffer through fans not renewing season tickets etc. I have said before that I think its possible for Steve Brown to vote against and it still to go through. Calculated risk if he wants them in but I think it changes totally how the club would be viewed.

That,s it steve boy keep them sweet..!!!

You have a long long way to go to get up the marble stair (bad start EH?).

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4309814/Lomas-Gers-so-vital-for-the-SPL.html

Just you concentrate on getting a result on sunday over the beloved cheats who should find themselves lucky to be in div 3 next year...!!!

Or maybe keep yer gob shut when emotions are high.

Send them down. Or pay the bills....

Sorry some of us are just DELUDED.

The SPHell is corrupt top to bottom. It is time for the SFA to step in..

New league please. Tv rights to bbc or stv.

Edited by Hubands House

you can fuck right off Lomas. :evil:

Your up to early G.

Have a nice day at work sorry to get it off to a bad start....

Remember it,s only the sun could be a load o poop although they do Quote..

There is mair o them anyway..only a couple of thousand of us we are no worthy....

Pathetic

you can fuck right off Lomas. :evil:

I'm starting to have my doubts about our manager on a number of levels.

Oh sorry, wrong. I started having doubts about him several weeks ago...

Comments like these aren't constructive Stevie boy. Not constructive at all. Not after your rabbit-in-headlights impression on the touchline at Tynecastle last weekend. Several of us might be thinking already they've been "deluded" into thinking you have any ability as a football manager...

I think you are probably right and Celtic will announce to the world that they were against it but were out voted. They will look the good guys to their support and the rest will suffer through fans not renewing season tickets etc. I have said before that I think its possible for Steve Brown to vote against and it still to go through. Calculated risk if he wants them in but I think it changes totally how the club would be viewed.

I think its not impossible that chairmen will request a 'secret ballot' and that technically at least no one will know who voted for what. That won't stop the conjecture though.

As for the other matter is saddens me that Steve Lomas has made those comments not because I disagree (which I most certainly do) but because they are plastered over a paper which has no interest in the fortunes of SJFC, and is only interested in screaming headlines.

Its not a great day for the club. Nor does it do us any favours to be seen as pawns in a game being played out in public by two bigger and more 'powerful' clubs.

I can't think of a time when I have felt so disappointed in a St Johnstone manager.

Lomas is only pointing out the obvious, I'm afraid. Although I desperately want the Rangers out of the SPL for cheating, I fear the consequences from the loss of the money that Rangers bring to the party. That is why I think the clubs and the SPL will connive a way to readmit them to the top tier, in whatever form they are resurrected. We will find out before the end of this month I reckon. The chairmen and managers at our club and others are in a very difficult position here and as it is not of their own making I feel really sorry for them.

Lomas should have stayed silent. Everyone knows where his allegiances lie, but he is supposed to be OUR manager, not THEIR cheerleader.

He, Babychunder and the other official Rangers mouthpiece Kevin

It will mean budget cuts of just shy of £1m per club, we will all be playing in the third division.......
are the "deluded" ones. How often does it have to be pointed out that the financial impact would be nothing like as much as we're continually being told?

Yes, there might be a loss of TV income (but nobody knows how much, because a new deal has not been negotiated, and in any case a new TV deal without Rangers would see a MUCH more even distribution of the income amonst the remaining clubs than is the case at present. Saints could even come out ahead on the deal!)

Yes, there will be a loss of gate income from the one guaranteed Rangers visit to Perth per season (but if Rangers were replaced by say Dundee, that loss would be minimal)

And supporters like me, my family and many, many others will buy season tickets again - which we WON'T if Rangers are allowed to remain in the SPL.

Without Rangers, we have a better chance of finishing one place higher in the league - resulting in more prizemoney and bigger crowds.

So Lomas and others - stop regurgitating the nonsense about the massive financial hit. If you really can't see that there are many positives to a Rangers-free SPL, just say nothing.

Lomas should have stayed silent. Everyone knows where his allegiances lie, but he is supposed to be OUR manager, not THEIR cheerleader.

Although previously we have been pleased when he has offered an opinion on things, you are right, in this instance he should have just said that he was preparing for a very important game to end SAINTS season on Sunday

It's not just the gate money Percy, quite a lot comes to the clubs from the TV deal and without the Old Firm games for Sky etc to resell they won't pay anything like they are paying now. I take your point about the uneven distribution but that will only favour a minority of clubs. I've done some sums on the financial impact on this thread, feel free to challenge those and back your opinion up with some rationale or other. Emotive arguments, and a request for other folk to say nothing if they disagree with you, do not help your case any.

As to me being a Rangers mouthpiece you're having a laugh, check my posts. When I see someone insult me for posting an opinion, I know they have no case to argue against it.

Edited by babychunder

The TV deal at current is worth approximately 850k a year minimum. That works out at just shy of 1900 fans at £25 each over 18 games. If we could guarantee that then the TV deal and Rangers wouldn't matter. But we can't so we need the deal and unfortunately Rangers.

And I know, as Soulful has stated that its not written in, but let's be honest Sky and ESPN would find a way to pull the pin. The game of hate is a massive draw for them, and realistically they put up with the rest of us purely for those 4 games

No one has provided a detailed audit of benefits and losses to St Johnstone if RFC (IA) are not in the SPL and until they do I reserve judgement on what the accurate figures are, and what the balance might be if Dundee were to be reintroduced to SPL.

What is incontrovertible is that if Rangers are wrong on almost every front. If they are seen to be allowed to set these kind of standards then iot will be the end of integrity in the game. What we have to date is mass scale tax avoidance on behalf of over-paid players, a scheme of non-co-operation with the registration systems of the SFA, UEFA and the SPL, non-payment of tax, witholding VAT and PAYE benefits to staff, football debt in Scotland to other members, international football debt and abuse of the liuceneces of football on numerous counts. Steve Lomas clearly thinks that's can be swept away - HMRC, the law and UEFA will have other thoughts.

It is simply wrong and no amount of money for Sky - of all companies - will make it right.

I suspect I am not alone. I'd prefer to return to the First with our dignity intact than help the further corruption of the SPL.

Wow. Not sure why anyone is shocked, Rangers man Derek McInnes would have said exactly the same.

And he would have been equally as wrong to do so....that has no relevance whatsoever.

Lomas is entitled to his opinions on the matter. What the problem with me is his decision to relate them to a rag like the sun 3 days before we face a very important game against Rangers

And he would have been equally as wrong to do so....that has no relevance whatsoever.

Lomas is entitled to his opinions on the matter. What the problem with me is his decision to relate them to a rag like the sun 3 days before we face a very important game against Rangers

He can only answer the questions asked. All the sun is interested is boosting the ego of Rangers fans, by showing them that profile people in the SPL want them in the SPL. It sells paper. They probably couldn't care less about Sundays game.

He can only answer the questions asked. All the sun is interested is boosting the ego of Rangers fans, by showing them that profile people in the SPL want them in the SPL. It sells paper. They probably couldn't care less about Sundays game.

Don't be so stupid....if asked "Do you think Rangers are essential for the SPL" he could easily skirt around it....his use of terms like 'deluded' were not helpful either.

Don't be so stupid....if asked "Do you think Rangers are essential for the SPL" he could easily skirt around it....his use of terms like 'deluded' were not helpful either.

He's a Rangers fan, he is honest, it's his opinion. I'd rather the guy came out and said yes or no rather than his "no comment" pish from other people.

He's a Rangers fan, he is honest, it's his opinion. I'd rather the guy came out and said yes or no rather than his "no comment" pish from other people.

Oh dear....there are times in life when saying nothing at all is the most sensible thing to do, regardless of what you are actually thinking.

this is the suns opening line which is crap (what do we expect)-"STEVE LOMAS claims fans who want Rangers booted down to Division Three are DELUDED"

this is his quote-“If Rangers go out the SPL then it affects everyone — that’s the bottom line.

“And those who think otherwise are deluding themselves"

so i realise that all clubs will be affected but i still want them out - Lomas is not calling me or many other fans deluded for having this view like the rag makes out.

without the tv revenue we may have to play a team of kids . but all teams would and if thats the st johnstone team i would rather that in a fair league, would be great for scottish football in the long run

As to me being a Rangers mouthpiece you're having a laugh, check my posts. When I see someone insult me for posting an opinion, I know they have no case to argue against it.

Babychunder, I should not have included you in the list of "Rangers mouthpieces" , I withdraw that accusation and apologise.:oops: (Lomas and Kevin remain on the list though :wink: )

Though I stand by my opinion that the financial impacts will be less severe than we are being told by the scaremongerers, the point is that neither I, you nor anyone else really knows.

And in any event, as Soulful has just pointed out, this debate shouldn't really be about economics, but about principles. Let's stick to the moral high ground, which we can all agree is the right place to be.