An open letter to St Johnstone Chairman Steve Brown

Calypso Kid

Accepted Percy.

You guys are both right, no one knows the figures for sure, we can only make an educated guess at them. For Saints I reckon the figure will be between 500k and 1m a year. It depends on what upside there is from another team entering the SPL, and the reduced amount the TV boys are willing to pay. You can be sure that the clubs themselves will have a good handle on the individual impact it will have on them.

As someone who values sport and integrity above money, be clear that I agree the right punishment is for Rangers to be booted out of the SPL. However I feel that these principles will be sacrificed on the altar of money, which corrupts everything and everybody in our game, you only have to look at that arsehole Blatter to be convinced of that.

He, Babychunder and the other official Rangers mouthpiece Kevin are the "deluded" ones.

In what way am I a mouthpiece for Rangers? Never liked them, never supported them and check out my postings about them before you start on a denuement of me!! :roll:

...because you don't agree with his opinion?

Nothing to do with agreeing or disagreeing.

Were st johnstone. Were st johnstone fans. Maybe we are deluded. Deluded to turning up each week paying his wages. If he is happy not being payed as no one turns up as we are so deluded that we may find something else to do other than go watch saints.

Maybe they should realise how much they will lose in financial terms if we all walk away.

Clearly we are deluded. To support a team playing in a rigged set up. Where cheats prosper, where you don't need to pay bills to succeed.

If you can't beat them, join them. We have watched some amount of pish whilst Brown was our leader. And for what, to be prudent. Waste of time and money in my eyes.

Am out.

As much as we don't want to see this kind of thing, I was thinking to myself 'what would I say?'

Lomas' budget will be detrimentally affected, we know that and I don't have a problem with that as all our competitors would too, and it will make his job tougher. Cobble in the fact he is a self-confessed bluenose and you've got Sun print that makes the editors happy.

I don't think this will particularly endear him to an increasingly sceptical Saints support, however. Not the wisest choice.

Could someone please release a statement or provide some information on the club's stance regards the the Rangers fiasco because things between our fans are getting out of hand on here. See the 'open letter' thread for more.

As a club with a relatively small fan base, we can ill afford bad feeling between our own fans. I think this is stemming from a lack of information and uncertainty.

Failing that could someone with a contact at McDiarmid please highlight this.

The bad feeling on here is getting a bit out of hand

It stems from being deluded.

We should turn up and not say anything.

Accept what it put in front of us and not have an opinion.

Maybe if someone at the club had any form of PR skills as clearly they still fail on that point would of said if you say something like that then the club may suffer from its own fans. But as were still working back in the 80's PR wasn't really used back then.

Edited by Wish i was Joe McGurn

As much as we don't want to see this kind of thing, I was thinking to myself 'what would I say?'

Lomas' budget will be detrimentally affected, we know that and I don't have a problem with that as all our competitors would too, and it will make his job tougher. Cobble in the fact he is a self-confessed bluenose and you've got Sun print that makes the editors happy.

I don't think this will particularly endear him to an increasingly sceptical Saints support, however. Not the wisest choice.

His budget may be cut but he can walk away right now, he has no emotional feelings for saints. It's a job for him. Not for us though.

he doesnt call us ! your not oing to support your team because of a sun article

I feel that rangers should be put down to the third division. The first sentence says that me thinking that way is deluded.

Maybe your right, maybe it is the sun. I shall expect by midday today a statement will appear on the official site saying he was misquoted. Then I will change my mind.

I feel that rangers should be put down to the third division. The first sentence says that me thinking that way is deluded.

Maybe your right, maybe it is the sun. I shall expect by midday today a statement will appear on the official site saying he was misquoted. Then I will change my mind.

the 1st sentence is not a quote from lomas. Lomas says that anyone who thinks it doesnt affect other clubs is deluded

Out of all the things we debate or argue about, I got the feeling that there was mutal respect from nearly all the Saints fans on WAP on our thoughts on the NEWCO and how we should demonstrate against it. I think the only disagreement amongst us is do you vote with your feet or do we do our best on paper to get our feelings across. Is there one Saints fan on WAP that feels Rangers as a newco should be allowed straight back in to the SPL ???? I dont think so ?

the 1st sentence is not a quote from lomas. Lomas says that anyone who thinks it doesnt affect other clubs is deluded

I am under no illusions that it affects saints, but so did the tv deal that we lost in part to rangers. Were we deluded then when they wanted more money. Ended up with a lot less and who suffered then, us. But we survived. We have seen this time and time again.

One thing that they don't learn though, the point they don't get is this. They just expect us to turn up, at any time of kick off, on any day, and not say anything, pay your money, shut your puss and get on with it.

Without the fans. They won't have a club. At some point the buck has to stop.

Either terrible choice of wording by Lomas, or terrible journalism.

I don't think there is one person who is 'deluded' in the way that Lomas seems to suggest. We all know that there will be an impact on other clubs if Rangers are kicked out of the SPL.

That is not what a lot on here are questioning. What is being questioned and discussed is

1. Those that are overstating that impact to support their view that a newco should be allowed into the SPL

2. That any decision should be based on integrity and not in the light of potential finacial impact on other clubs

You seriously don't know what the club think?

It is a Brown running the club - they will bend over backwards for Rangers to be in the SPL in what ever form they are as they see the money only.

Lomas has also stated to the press that the SPL needs Rangers.

It will not benefit the club at all to come out and make a statement.