#43 - 13/05/12 - Saints 0-4 Rangers - SPL

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dismal inept finish to the season and if there is any substance to the story that players were out on the town last night I have to say I am thoroughly disgusted at the individuals concerned.

Just can't see a bunch of players being out on the town before such a big game if i am being honest, not unless they were given permission too by someone at the club.

Guest Harry Curran's Love child

Oaf, here goes my tuppence worth:

Terrible 2nd half today. Even at halftime I thought we were still in with a shout going into the 2nd half with the wind for us. Alas, didn't happen. Ando and Wright were gash and made basic error after basic error. Callum did OK, Millar had a decent 1st half, Jody did Ok but the rest were terrible. That's all I can say about the game.

Lomas: I am growing more concerned about what he says and the way he says it. Take the post-match comments for example:

"We've got 10 players on contracts for next season, so we're looking at getting at least 10-to-13 players in." Surely you knew that when you took the job on Steve? And surely you should have taken steps to sound out targets or even get some on pre-contracts. If he is really trying to convince us that the work to revamp a squad starts NOW then that says a lot.

"I'd rather lose every game after the split than be involved in games down below." Technically I dare say most would accept that Steve, but not given the level of performances, the manner of the defeats and your own failings. We deserved 6th place and the teams above us ARE better but we just haven't even made a game of any of them.

But the most worrying quote of all:

"European football could be a hindrance," said Lomas. "If we get there, and the game is on the 16 July, we might not have a team." I can't defend or agree with any of that. No St Johnstone manager or any manager out with the old firm should think of a European spot as pain in the hoop and something that shouldn't be shouted from the rooftops. I'm quite sure he will be virtually the only person linked to the club with that view. If we do make it, it will be only the 2nd time we've made it into Europe in my lifetime, for ME it's a fecking treat! We might not have a team for Europe Steve, if you haven't long started the whole process of getting new players lined up.

I'm also more and more sick of his little digs at Steve Brown and the lack of finances. He knew the score when he took the bloody job and Steve B backed him to the hilt with the signings of Croft, Compton, Keatings and Kudos for a push for Europe. His body language for the last 25mins today was terrible. Stood leaning against the dug out, hands in pockets, with no words of motivation or encouragement. The game was well out of reach but an absolute hiding was not. If he's happy to throw in the towel after a 3rd goal goes in then he can go now. Maybe that's why we were also spanked by DUFC and Motherwell.

All this said he must have the summer to rebuild HIS team and put together a squad of players that HE believes in and that HE has deemed to be good enough. If the rumours that he has lost the dressing room were true (they are not) then the best thing for all concerned would be for him to gut it and make his own choices. That's exactly what's going to happen. I'm willing to back him and hope he gets the time to build his own squad but there is a slight nagging thought in my mind that he's already preparing the ground with his excuses ie lack of funds, too many players to sign. He should be relishing the chance to get a bunch of guys together that will be playing for HIM and buying into how we wants to play the game. Sadly, I just don't see any of that.

And another thing, Coyle & Del would have dragged those bloody players back onto the pitch to applaud the fans whilst doing so himself.

Oh for feck's sake....

Someone list the managers of Saints who have finished 6th or better in the league and got into europe in their first half-season?

None.

Breath. Give the guy a chance.

If I remember correctly another Nothern Irish Internationalist with a Rangers background, just about did all of that,failed on the euro bit.

He got sacked i think by the December and we got relagated in the May :evil:

Simply give up with the Saints support, one of the worst in the country.

Be interesting to see what some other clubs' fans would say if they saw this meltdown.

Overall its still been a good season. I missed only the home league cup tie v St Mirren.

As for Europe, well, its isn't exactly the great achievement it once was, nor the great adventure it may once have been. How many matches before we'd get anywhere near a Hamburg or Monaco equivalent of their day? Too many, for us, I'd guess.

If we don't make it, I'm sure there'll be plenty of other opportunities to organise an overseas piss up :wink:

Might stay off here over the summer. It's like being in a care home. Full of incontinent knickerwetters.

:laugh:

Apologies.

But we will be.

HIBS DO NOT WIN SCOTTISH CUPS.

The beloved has already pencilled in our narrow home win against QADFVMKHYG DFNHJF of Lithuania in the 14th qualifying round of the DHHGF etghbgv cup.

This will happen.

Sorry to say but that is all about to change this coming Saturday. :mrgreen:

Today was poor although we started the better team. We struggle against pace. Lomas needs to address this.

His interview on radio Scotland is pretty depressing and it does make me wonder if he might walk after blaming the board for not giving him the necessary funds to rebuild.

Hope he proves me wrong.

Watch this space, his depressing tones were fully evident. As I have said earlier, nothing would now surprise me.

And another thing, Coyle & Del would have dragged those bloody players back onto the pitch to applaud the fans whilst doing so himself.

That's very true. I notice Jody Morris has said on Twitter that he thought the players would be going back out onto the pitch afterwards. So why didn't they? Did no senior player or member of the coaching staff demand it? Or were they actually instructed not to? I think Saints have got more than a few bridges to build with the fans over the next few months.

Its not a guess, but that is all i can say on the matter.

Fair enough I wouldn't expect anyone to betray a confidence. And if you had said something I probably wouldn't have believed you.

I actually thought that Lomas sounded quite despondent in his interview today.

It's funny how those who are always backing the manager when things go badly, don't give the fans the same courtesy.

We have had a poor 5 games against the top sides in the country. Would you rather be playing against St Mirren in bottom 6 and losing a meaningless game?

I don't belive the Saints support appreciate the hard work that is done by our managers and any success is expected to be sustained on a tiny budget.