Who Is Leaving.....

MySpazz

The club are in a difficult position though, even with at least one Euro tie confirmed. The Rangers situation means the club can't be completely sure that the income they have budgeted for in the past will come in if (although unlikely) Rangers get bounced out of the SPL.

Also, as you can see from other threads, with a number of posters on here saying they won't renew their season tickets if a newco Rangers stay in the league, that's another source of financing that would appear to be under threat.

Along with those factors, the players who we might want to stay, or sign are most likely on their hols now so nothing can get sorted until they come back.

I agree.

The correct thing for the club to do, nevertheless, would be to explain that to the fans. A 5 line post on the OS would keep everyone happy.

This is how PR should work in the modern game. These days we expect a bit of transparency.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would expect that the club has a plan A and a plan B with regards to signing policy for next year.

A) Rangers in whatever form = higher budget for players

B) No Rangers = Lower budget, I'd assume that we would have this in place should we ever get relegated.

I'd guess half of the SPL teams would have this view, certainly , ICT, Dunfermilne, St Mirren, Us and possibly Kille. All need to plan for a possible relegation at the start of each year when handing out contracts.

Like most, I'd be happy if we had a smaller squad, with a few more younger players than we see now to make up the numbers. How many under 19 players could we have for the wages of Hart, Oduthingy and Deek?

One upside to all the uncertainty, could we offer contracts to players where other can't given our decent cash position?

Quite a few clubs have announced frees, and transfer listings, however, IMO, Saints must be working hard at securing contracts and that, once again, imo, is a business decision to stay schtum.

I dont have too many problems with the silence. I would agree with you Dunc that the club must be working hard to try to secure some players. We all know Jody is out of contract but neither he nor the club have said that he has left which suggests to me that there is a chance of him staying.