Your club needs you.

The release of the news that St.Johnstone will be voting NO to the newco is momentous. The fans have played a huge part in this and everyone should be very proud of what has been done.

Given this decision though, it is imperative that we as a group realise that financially there are gonna be tough times ahead and the club now needs our financial support more than ever. Make no mistake, Saints, although on a sound fiscal footing under the current situation, are gonna struggle should the TV deal be re-negotiated and need everyone of us to offer as much support as we possibly can as soon as we can.

I know that there has been no official statement at this point but the fact is that St.Johnstone Football Club WILL vote no.

And so I urge you to get out there next week and get your season tickets bought. We will be buying our two this friday ( payday for me). I also urge you to use this decision to encourage as many lapsed fans as possible to consider returning to McD. We need to be getting as much money into the club as we can. Buying Saints lottery tickets, half time draws, food from the kiosks, programmes, magazines, hospitality packages, player sponsorship deals, using the club shop and the like. Our efforts up till now have been brilliant and have played a significant part and now we need to back that up..

Saints have done "THE RIGHT THING" now we need to do the same.

COYS...

Ghostie.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid i'm waiting a while to see where the new **** end up.Inflicting them on the first division is not fair in my opinion.Sure i'd be happy if they're out the spl,but how would we feel if we were in first divison,and that lot got put in and cost a tax paying, properly run club promotion?It would be like Gretna all over again imo!

Well done Saints, right decision! Next week I will purchase 3 season tickets and renew my car parking space and Super J membership. My son The Juggernaught will also be renewing his 3 season tickets, all six would have not been renewed if the club had voted yes. COYS !!!!!!! Assuming the NO vote is officially confirmed of course.

I'm afraid i'm waiting a while to see where the new **** end up.Inflicting them on the first division is not fair in my opinion.Sure i'd be happy if they're out the spl,but how would we feel if we were in first divison,and that lot got put in and cost a tax paying, properly run club promotion?It would be like Gretna all over again imo!

Every season an SPL club goes down into the 1st div and rarely do they come straight back up.Along with their other sanctions I think the first div is a good compromise.This will allow either Dundee or Dunfermline to get a promotion their football did not merit and allow all the clubs in that league extra cash.There is no easy answer to this sorry saga but lets get it sorted and on with the football.Sitting here choking on our Euro draw and it still seems all about Rangers.Just had 2 weeks holiday and it was a pleasure not to be filled with Rangers news all the time.

The only sanctions they've had is 10 points for administration, all the rest is a result of that administration,so no real hardship caused by the spl.If Saints were in first and this caused us promotion, would the extra revenue from the **** visits suffice?The third division is where all NEW clubs start ie ICT,Ross County, Elgin, Peterhead

We owe it to the club to get right behind all the various initiatives they have recntly announced. A rise in Season Tickets would be a good boost for all. A wee run in Europe too. Great stuff Saints.

But if they don't promote it very well then how do people find out about it.

The press have not picked up about the deals we are doing. Nothing coming out the club.

Every season an SPL club goes down into the 1st div and rarely do they come straight back up.Along with their other sanctions I think the first div is a good compromise.This will allow either Dundee or Dunfermline to get a promotion their football did not merit and allow all the clubs in that league extra cash.There is no easy answer to this sorry saga but lets get it sorted and on with the football.Sitting here choking on our Euro draw and it still seems all about Rangers.Just had 2 weeks holiday and it was a pleasure not to be filled with Rangers news all the time.

There should be no compromises for them :evil:

Anyway, until Rangers are out of the SPL I won't be renewing.

I will renew two next week. I do agree with Dave though about Div 1. I know this is the compromise being sought but reading everything that is about I am starting to get a feeling that they may be lucky to even be in Division 3.

I am now confident that Saints will do the right thing and that was about the only thing we could influence. If its in your control do it and we have.

I will renew two next week. I do agree with Dave though about Div 1. I know this is the compromise being sought but reading everything that is about I am starting to get a feeling that they may be lucky to even be in Division 3.

I am now confident that Saints will do the right thing and that was about the only thing we could influence. If its in your control do it and we have.

I think we are very wrong if we think that it's a case of " I'm all right jack" re any chance of Sevco 666 going straight into the 1st. What is happening is only part one. If the idea of them going into Div 1 is actually pushed forwards , I along with many others, will lend my full support to the teams in that division in repelling any such move. If our clubs are involved in any of these underhand moves to support this then I think they will again come under the spotlight. The fact is though, that they would have to vote YES firstly to get Sevco666 back into the SPL before relegating them. For this to happen would be a huge u-turn and a going back on the assertion that they would be voting no. If this happened , it would probably have a worse outcome than if they had simple just voted yes in the first place and I for one, having looked into the eyes of our chairman don't believe he would do this.

We have to take this one step at a time though. Lets get them out of the SPL firstly and then make sure that the SFL clubs do not allow them to underhandedly pop up in the 1st division. For that to happen, they would need a rule change in the SFL and that would require a 75% majority ( 22 votes) from the SFL clubs or a major shift by the SFA to restructure the league. Until such time as they actually come out with such a plan all we can do is continue to remind them that should they do this , we as Scottish football fans will NOT accept it..

So lets rejoice at the decision reached by St.Johnstone but at the same time, not take our eye of the ball..

Sorry if this is a bit of topic but really wanted to say it..

I think we are very wrong if we think that it's a case of " I'm all right jack" re any chance of Sevco 666 going straight into the 1st. What is happening is only part one. If the idea of them going into Div 1 is actually pushed forwards , I along with many others, will lend my full support to the teams in that division in repelling any such move. If our clubs are involved in any of these underhand moves to support this then I think they will again come under the spotlight. The fact is though, that they would have to vote YES firstly to get Sevco666 back into the SPL before relegating them. For this to happen would be a huge u-turn and a going back on the assertion that they would be voting no. If this happened , it would probably have a worse outcome than if they had simple just voted yes in the first place and I for one, having looked into the eyes of our chairman don't believe he would do this.

We have to take this one step at a time though. Lets get them out of the SPL firstly and then make sure that the SFL clubs do not allow them to underhandedly pop up in the 1st division. For that to happen, they would need a rule change in the SFL and that would require a 75% majority ( 22 votes) from the SFL clubs or a major shift by the SFA to restructure the league. Until such time as they actually come out with such a plan all we can do is continue to remind them that should they do this , we as Scottish football fans will NOT accept it..

So lets rejoice at the decision reached by St.Johnstone but at the same time, not take our eye of the ball..

I think it's important to say it. As you sau it is important not to take our eye off the ball. All I have asked for is that they are treated like any other newco and any other newco would certainly not get in SFL 1.

The harsh reality of the situation is that if the fans don't back the club we could be facing part-time football again.

The Sky deal is worth 1.2 million to Saints and once Sky have renegotiated the contract for next season there will be a huge gap to fill. I'm delighted that fan power looks like it has forced SPL chairmen to say NO to Newco but all the SPL teams face a difficult season financially which may result in more clubs going into administration. .

However if the clubs can get through the next season I think the future will be much brighter for Scottish football with Old Firm not having the monopoly over the rest of the clubs.

My one concern is the sfa are allegedly trying to get a reconstructon out of it,so the newco's are in division one,therefore over-riding what the spl or sfl can do.If this is the case,the punishment doesn't fit the crime,and newco have jumped two divisions,and are back up two years early.They're out of Europe for three seasons,so three seasons climbing the leagues wouldn't do them any harm either.All new teams have started at the bottom and they're no exception imo

The harsh reality of the situation is that if the fans don't back the club we could be facing part-time football again.

The Sky deal is worth 1.2 million to Saints and once Sky have renegotiated the contract for next season there will be a huge gap to fill. I'm delighted that fan power looks like it has forced SPL chairmen to say NO to Newco but all the SPL teams face a difficult season financially which may result in more clubs going into administration. .

However if the clubs can get through the next season I think the future will be much brighter for Scottish football with Old Firm not having the monopoly over the rest of the clubs.

Jesus, how did we survive when we stumbled to 8th in the 1st division not too long ago? :roll:

My one concern is the sfa are allegedly trying to get a reconstructon out of it,so the newco's are in division one,therefore over-riding what the spl or sfl can do.If this is the case,the punishment doesn't fit the crime,and newco have jumped two divisions,and are back up two years early.They're out of Europe for three seasons,so three seasons climbing the leagues wouldn't do them any harm either.All new teams have started at the bottom and they're no exception imo

What the SFA is in effect doing is changing the rules AFTER a club has been found guilty and in receipt of a penalty. They are actually nullifying that penalty by reconstructing the leagues to accomodate 'not Rangers', and if this came to pass the game in this country is broke, ethically and financially. Having used established independent judicial panels to deal with serious rule breaches the SFA cannot do 'not Rangers' bidding without removing all judicial oversight.