Time to get behind club!!!!

BAM

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you pay £90 a month to sky?feck

thats a fair whack.i suppose some of that goes to the spl but the largest amount of what the spl gets went to what was the old firm.in essense you and thousands like you have been subsidising the old firm clubs more than the rest.thank feck i don't have a telly.

That's the full package + multiroom.

I live too far away from the telephone exchange to get their Internet so that costs me another £30 a month!

ye don't have tae explain yersel.while i am here though ye would save loads if ye just bought a monopoly board.thousands of hours of fun and ye can keep yer £90 for something nice like a season ticket seat with a cushion at mcd.doss

Of course they could but at what cost.

It's like the whole Sky thing. If sky were to rip up the SPL contract it would be a PR disaster and would probably cost them more in the long run z

The first thing I'd do would be to tear up my contract with them and give the £90 a month to Saints.

I'm with u on that one, I'm £72.50 for my sky and its about to go up £1.50 probably to subsidise the English premiership!! , if sky pull out there not getting my money.

now it is official a 8 possible derbies next season

8 derbies, and only 2 visits from the old firm! With the offers and the clubs moral stance we should all be pushing friends, family and work colleagues to return....no excuses now!

Need a real push to beat last years total and show the club what happens when they listen to the fans.

Well I can state quite categorically that I will be at more home games this season than last. I can't justify a season ticket, but me and my son go when we can, and we will be going more now. There must be a lot of people like me.

I love going to away games, but maybe what is needed is a change of attitude for people like me to go to more home games. Instead of doing the easy and cheap thing of going to 6 Aberdeen, Dundee and Dundee Utd away games, I should spend the same money and go to 4 home games instead. More money for Saints, less money for others.

thing is we need more home support but the other team need the support as well. we all wanted clubs to vote to get rid of rangers and to be fair, we should be helping them as well by attending as many away games as possible, this helps the team s well with larger vocal suppport

That's what the Internet's for!

You dinnae see anything on those telly channels!

Yeah you're totally right Ryan.

SKY deal up for discussion this week seemingly. It'll be interesting to see the details especially after Stevensan's post on TV deals in other countries.

Yeah you're totally right Ryan.

SKY deal up for discussion this week seemingly. It'll be interesting to see the details especially after Stevensan's post on TV deals in other countries.

They have a huge opportunity for a some good PR here. Considering the beating that the Murdochs are taking in the press this is a timely chance for them to look like the good guys.

A simple statement of:

"We're going to continue to invest in Scottish Football. We're not going to reduce our contract rate and we intend on supporting the Scottish game through a difficult time" would be worth more in PR than they could possibly save by reducing the terms of their contract.

I half expect this to be the outcome. The other half tells me not to be so stupid, fat cats don't walk away from opportunities to squeeze their suppliers.

They have a huge opportunity for a some good PR here. Considering the beating that the Murdochs are taking in the press this is a timely chance for them to look like the good guys.

A simple statement of:

"We're going to continue to invest in Scottish Football. We're not going to reduce our contract rate and we intend on supporting the Scottish game through a difficult time" would be worth more in PR than they could possibly save by reducing the terms of their contract.

I half expect this to be the outcome. The other half tells me not to be so stupid, fat cats don't walk away from opportunities to squeeze their suppliers.

I hope that SKY do think in terms of improving the Murdoch empire's badly damaged image and keep their investment in Scottish football. I think it would damage them in Scotland if they made a big point of reducing the money given. I don't think they will massively alter things but could be wrong because as you say the types at the top of these organisations will take every chance to squeeze if they can.

They will obviously have to advertise the SPL in a different way. I think Neil Doncaster should go in with a high figure and take it from there. I don't know who has the contract for the Scottish Cup or League Cup though. Can he offer games in Division 3, it's a story "Living The Dream Part 2".

Agree, but my impression of Neil Doncaster is that he will, at least at the back of his mind, want to see Sky tear up the contract just to prove him right. I cannot see that he is the right guy to be fighting the SPL's corner at this time.

I agree.

The guy should not have been signing contracts based on Rangers and Celtic. HE is the one responsible for the withdrawal of sponsor money and he should go as a consequence.

He gambled - he lost.

I agree.

The guy should not have been signing contracts based on Rangers and Celtic. HE is the one responsible for the withdrawal of sponsor money and he should go as a consequence.

He gambled - he lost.

Just to be Devil's advocate if nothing else.. If you had the pulling power that Celtic and Rangers provide surely you would use that to squeeze extra money for the clubs out of a corporation like Sky. I know I would. You play to your strengths and unfortunately in this situation, the strengths were Celtic and Rangers' large fan base.

If Doncaster didn't get a deal from TV companies at all, or a pitiful deal as he couldn't promise both Rangers and Celtic being in the league (which 2 years ago would've been inconceivable to most) then he would have been chastised by every SPL manager and a lot of fans too.

Just to be Devil's advocate if nothing else.. If you had the pulling power that Celtic and Rangers provide surely you would use that to squeeze extra money for the clubs out of a corporation like Sky. I know I would. You play to your strengths and unfortunately in this situation, the strengths were Celtic and Rangers' large fan base.

If Doncaster didn't get a deal from TV companies at all, or a pitiful deal as he couldn't promise both Rangers and Celtic being in the league (which 2 years ago would've been inconceivable to most) then he would have been chastised by every SPL manager and a lot of fans too.

And just to clarify. I don't necessarily agree, but to say he "gambled" is a bit far off. I think he did what most expected him to do. It's his handling of the Rangers saga that he should be hung out to dry for, not the TV and sponsorship contracts

I do agree with that but he has based his strengths on something that was very unstable as the financial difficulties of Rangers had been on public display for a few seasons.

As the Saint is Asia blog has shown - the TV deal he did get was worse/pitiful than most European countries of equal size.

I believe that he thought he had a safe enough deal. Now that it has failed he must step down. He has failed the SPL and it seems it is the fans that will have to be doing the saving.