SPL TV deal done

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"@SkySportsNews: Sky Sports reaches agreement with Scottish Premier League & Scottish Football League guaranteeing coverage for another FIVE seasons #SSN"

We're the SFL part of the previous deals?? Don't think so. Anything to get The Rangers back on TV. They have 5 outta the 30 games scheduled. That will be 4 more than we will get.

Piss take. Wonder how much Hunco are getting on the deal compared to us and what all the SFL clubs ate getting.

Smells like another shitey coverup again.

We're the SFL part of the previous deals?? Don't think so. Anything to get The Rangers back on TV. They have 5 outta the 30 games scheduled. That will be 4 more than we will get.

Piss take. Wonder how much Hunco are getting on the deal compared to us and what all the SFL clubs ate getting.

Smells like another shitey coverup again.

Were we not giving them £2M a year?

I agree but that's done now, Rangers have been punished

Dear, oh dear, some people STILL don't get it.

To summarise: NewCo has NOT yet been punished. In fact, thus far they have been treated extremely favourably. Their placement in Division Three and the extremely modest financial sanctions they have received so far come as a consequence of them going into administration and then liquidation (as laid out in the rules of the organisations to which they voluntarily signed up). They are not punishments (which are discretionary), they are outcomes consequential to the rules.

The punishments should in theory be imposed when the full extent of their cheating (tax dodging, double contracts etc) becomes clear. There should also be punishments forthcoming for Green and McCoist because of their outrageous comments in recent days. But given how much slack they and their appalling club have already been cut, I'm not holding my breath.

(Sorry mods, I realise this is off-topic, but just couldn't let that comment pass by unremarked).

PS and paying your bills on time is not a "punishment" either, as Mr Green appears to believe.

Edited by Percy Johnston
Adding further bile

Dear, oh dear, some people STILL don't get it.

To summarise: NewCo has NOT yet been punished. In fact, thus far they have been treated extremely favourably. Their placement in Division Three and the extremely modest financial sanctions they have received so far come as a consequence of them going into administration and then liquidation (as laid out in the rules of the organisations to which they voluntarily signed up). They are not punishments (which are discretionary), they are outcomes consequential to the rules.

The punishments should in theory be imposed when the full extent of their cheating (tax dodging, double contracts etc) becomes clear. There should also be punishments forthcoming for Green and McCoist because of their outrageous comments in recent days. But given how much slack they and their appalling club have already been cut, I'm not holding my breath.

(Sorry mods, I realise this is off-topic, but just couldn't let that comment pass by unremarked).

Ffs Percy, where did I state what the punishments so far were in relation to?

I know fine well that all punishments so far are in relation to their liquidation and I championed for them to be punished as we would be in their shoes.

They have not YET been found guilty of any of these actions you have mentioned above. If they are I'm sure they'll be sanctioned again.

To be honest you are starting to repeat yourself over and over and it's getting tiresome.

Rangers are no longer the problem of the SPL, let the SFA and SFL deal with them now. All I care about is St Johnstone.

Edited by ryangordon86

3 million a year i tells ya

7 clubs to go bust i tells ya

armageddon i tells ya

hahahahahahahahahaha

actual outcome - 396 more fans a game needed to have the same financial position as last year

in other news today while sky are getting a bargain , wolves are turning down £12 million bids for steven fletcher !!

Edited by belfastsaintee

3 million a year i tells ya

7 clubs to go bust i tells ya

armageddon i tells ya

hahahahahahahahahaha

actual outcome - 396 more fans a game needed to have the same financial position as last year

in other news today while sky are getting a bargain , wolves are turning down £12 million bids for steven fletcher !!

6000 at the EsEs game! - well that's 15 SPL home games out of 19 covered before we start (OK our trip to Turkey will probably have eaten up most of that - but it just shows what a European game can do)

6000 at the EsEs game! - well that's 15 SPL home games out of 19 covered before we start (OK our trip to Turkey will probably have eaten up most of that - but it just shows what a European game can do)

I keep hearing that the European game will have cost us money. Do UEFA not give us £85k travelling expenses? This surely would have been enough to cover the cost of getting to Turkey.

I keep hearing that the European game will have cost us money. Do UEFA not give us £85k travelling expenses? This surely would have been enough to cover the cost of getting to Turkey.

Dunno about travel expenses but the 'prize money' awarded for reaching 2nd qualifying round: €90,000(according to Wikipedia)

This wouldn't cover the cost of chartering the plane. Cost was apparently circa £100k. Although seats were sold to fans, thus recouping some of the cost, the club subsidized supporter travel. So taking into account hotels etc, if there was any profit I would imagine it would be minimal

To be honest you are starting to repeat yourself over and over and it's getting tiresome.

I'm not going to continue this discussion with you, except to say that if it wasn't for the "tiresome" and "repetitious" actions of the likes of me and thousands of other Scottish supporters who actually (unlike you) understand what's going on here, you would still be watching the unpunished cheats of Rangers kicking off the season on Saturday in the SPL.

But you don't care about that, of course, because

Rangers are no longer the problem of the SPL..... All I care about is St Johnstone.

More fool you.

Although seats were sold to fans, thus recouping some of the cost, the club subsidized supporter travel. So taking into account hotels etc, if there was any profit I would imagine it would be minimal

£555 * approx 150 fans = £83250

+ prize money (£90000)

+ 6,000 gate receipts

+ turkish tv money

The only negative I can see is that last season we were the club that benefitted most from BBC Alba games I suspect the new club in the SFL will benefit most and we will see a slight drop off in income from BBC Alba. A good cup run will counter balance though.

Edited by soulfulsaint