SPL TV deal done

I'm not going to continue this discussion with you, except to say that if it wasn't for the "tiresome" and "repetitious" actions of the likes of me and thousands of other Scottish supporters who actually (unlike you) understand what's going on here, you would still be watching the unpunished cheats of Rangers kicking off the season on Saturday in the SPL.

But you don't care about that, of course, because

More fool you.

I agree that thousands of folk who voiced their concerns just like yourself have done their job now. Rangers are in SFL 3 we have a new tv deal and we need to move on. I don't quite understand what more you are wanting.

Can we just get behind Saints now.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that thousands of folk who voiced their concerns just like yourself have done their job now. Rangers are in SFL 3 we have a new tv deal and we need to move on. I don't quite understand what more you are wanting.

Can we just get behind Saints now.

I'd like them to pay their debt to other clubs, make a public statement renouncing sectarianism and clarity from their new owner about his recent remarks about bigotry did he mean St Johnstone? I would also like greater assurances that they will not seek to influence this or other TV deals to the detriment of Saints.

Edited by soulfulsaint

I'd like them to pay their debt to other clubs, make a public statement renouncing sectarianism and clarity from their new owner about his recent remarks about bigotry did he mean St Johnstone? I would also like greater assurances that they will not seek to influence this or other TV deals to the detriment of Saints.

The bigotry remarks are in the process of being dealt with by the SFA. I believe he has been given until Tuesday to explain and prove his point.

Debts are being repaid under the agreement with the SFA.

As for the other 2 probably little and no hope what so ever!! But we can but try

The bigotry remarks are in the process of being dealt with by the SFA. I believe he has been given until Tuesday to explain and prove his point.

Debts are being repaid under the agreement with the SFA.

As for the other 2 probably little and no hope what so ever!! But we can but try

I await Tuesday. The debts have not been paid they are on a long list of broken promises which have with the exception of a part payment to Hearts are now substantially overdue.

They shouldn't get a red cent of TV income until the debts are actually cleared

£555 * approx 150 fans = £83250

+ prize money (£90000)

+ 6,000 gate receipts

+ turkish tv money

I think we also need to factor in the knock-on effect this game will have on people who popped along last thurs and may attempt to make even 4 or 5 games this season. Picking up fans with games like these is invaluable, and although the direct effect cannot be calculated, it will be significant (I hope)

Don't wish to hijack this thread any more, so all I will say is (a) Read posts #2750 onwards on the "Open Letter to Steve Brown" thread; (B) Read Soulful's excellent posts above; and © Realise that our job here is far from done.

NewCo still needs to be dealt with properly, and that will not happen if otherwise reasonable guys like yourself and ryangordon86 perpetuate the myth that they have already been properly punished: job done, case closed. It isn't.

Don't wish to hijack this thread any more, so all I will say is (a) Read posts #2750 onwards on the "Open Letter to Steve Brown" thread; (B) Read Soulful's excellent posts above; and © Realise that our job here is far from done.

NewCo still needs to be dealt with properly, and that will not happen if otherwise reasonable guys like yourself and ryangordon86 perpetuate the myth that they have already been properly punished: job done, case closed. It isn't.

I have read these. I can see wherre you are coming from but as a Saints fan from now on Saints are my main concern. What the authorities do with the Rangers from now on is IMHO an irrelevance.

It's time to draw a line

What they have done should be punished and it is, although Regan and Doncaster deserve flaying! We have to move on, Sky deal is way better than thought and Saints willbe back in Europe for at least 3 years! Time to forget.....

why did lawell have to hold doncasters hand?

He didn't. There was a sub group set up to take forward the broadcasting rights. Inverness chairman, Aberdeen Director and Lawell are the working group which alos consisted of Doncaster. The papers only ever mentioned Lawell thus it appeared that he was there holding Doncaster's hand.

I'm not going to continue this discussion with you, except to say that if it wasn't for the "tiresome" and "repetitious" actions of the likes of me and thousands of other Scottish supporters who actually (unlike you) understand what's going on here, you would still be watching the unpunished cheats of Rangers kicking off the season on Saturday in the SPL.

But you don't care about that, of course, because

More fool you.

I believe in years to come Speilberg will make an Oscar winning movie about these events and Percy Johnston will replace the name of Oskar Schindler. Rumours are that Zak Efron is in line to play the role.

I believe in years to come Speilberg will make an Oscar winning movie about these events and Percy Johnston will replace the name of Oskar Schindler. Rumours are that Zak Efron is in line to play the role.

:laugh:

That is funny, but let's not play down the role that Percy and others have played. They've helped get us all of our arses for once and do something. Look what has been achieved so far. I agree with him, don't let the bastards off the hook.

Soulful would the cash from the Alba games just go into the general SPL pot which makes up the prize money at the end of the season.

As clubs are not paid per appearance on sky or ESPN (Apart from cup ties) it would be unfair if teams then benefited from match payments on Alba.

The Press Association expects the Scottish Premier League to retain the bulk of its broadcasting income this season with ESPN set to follow Sky Sports in confirming their renewed commitment.

Sky Sports announced on Tuesday they would continue showing SPL games for at least five more years despite concerns that the loss of Rangers would herald the end of broadcasting deals.

Scottish Football League clubs were told in a presentation by the football authorities in June that the SPL broadcasting value could be as low as £3million a year if the new Rangers were voted into the Irn-Bru Third Division.

But those fears appear to have been largely allayed. Sky and ESPN had a year to run on their existing £13million annual contract but were due to sign a £16million deal this summer. The SPL had to pay the SFL for rights to Rangers games, which will also be shown on Sky, but the value of the existing deal looks to have been retained.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5hU7taqGdWv1LDkiJUrYBYnIScScw?docId=N0179091343835842025A

Soulful would the cash from the Alba games just go into the general SPL pot which makes up the prize money at the end of the season.

As clubs are not paid per appearance on sky or ESPN (Apart from cup ties) it would be unfair if teams then benefited from match payments on Alba.

Not sure RM - will try to find out answer - we were on Alba 18 times last season - mostly timeshifted but we were the club who appeared on Alba most often.

my best guess re: figures i've seen, and given they will redistribute the cash (they will... despite what the killie chairman reckons), about 25,000 loss.

However, papers have been pretty vague about the deals, and I'm actually starting to think the deal has increased, as the numbers quoted dont seem to include the oversea's rights yet, which the previous numbers did!

:laugh:

That is funny, but let's not play down the role that Percy and others have played. They've helped get us all of our arses for once and do something. Look what has been achieved so far. I agree with him, don't let the bastards off the hook.

The internet has proved a valuable tool and given fans a voice. But it was things like the online petitions and emailing the club that had an effect not messageboards. And some like to esculate themselves to some kind of elevated status. If anybody pays any serious attention to messageboards then the game is truely in trouble in this country.

The internet has proved a valuable tool and given fans a voice. But it was things like the online petitions and emailing the club that had an effect not messageboards. And some like to esculate themselves to some kind of elevated status. If anybody pays any serious attention to messageboards then the game is truely in trouble in this country.

Dont disagree with your main points but messageboards allowed communication and discussion which in turn let people make their decisions about contacting boards and/or setting up and completing the petitions. In my opinion without message boards the petitions and campaign would have failed.

Dont disagree with your main points but messageboards allowed communication and discussion which in turn let people make their decisions about contacting boards and/or setting up and completing the petitions. In my opinion without message boards the petitions and campaign would have failed.

I wouldn't disagree that people bringing attention to issues and the petitions did help. However people hijacking all threads and trying gain some sort of moral superiority on the subject with anybody who didn't agree with every point they make didn't. Soulful Saint would be an example of a poster who helped.

I wouldn't disagree that people bringing attention to issues and the petitions did help. However people hijacking all threads and trying gain some sort of moral superiority on the subject with anybody who didn't agree with every point they make didn't. Soulful Saint would be an example of a poster who helped.

Again dont disagree, particularly with hindsight. However it was such an important subject that it wasn't difficult to connect it with almost everything that was spoken about.

Again dont disagree, particularly with hindsight. However it was such an important subject that it wasn't difficult to connect it with almost everything that was spoken about.

Even if that type of poster was just constanly banging on about it, I could just about accept it. But when they try to claim some kind of moral superiority over other posters who don't instantly agree with them, they lose all credibility. It is the equivilant of the posters who claim to be suprefans and so instantly know more than everybody else.