Rowan Vine

The Inspiration

Welcome to the club. Could be a key player, could be missing most of the season. Based on Saturday looks like he could be a sensation in this league. All the best in the SPL big man!

Reading the article on the OS it states that we have a 1-year extension option on his contract, that alone could be a great bit of business if he stays fit this year and bangs in the goals

great signing based on what i saw from the friendly on saints tv

we can now 100% say cheerio Fran...

hasslebaink , tade , vine .....

feeling really excited

hope we can nurse vine back to fitness

maybe we could get Kyle and play them for 45 minutes each game ??!!

Edited by belfastsaintee

great signing based on what i saw from the friendly on saints tv

we can now 100% say cheerio Fran...

hasslebaink , tade , vine .....

feeling really excited

hope we can nurse vine back to fitness

maybe we could get Kyle and play them for 45 minutes each game ??!!

Not until the end of the week when he has mentioned he will decide his future. If he did decide on Saints our frontline will be tremendous

Not until the end of the week when he has mentioned he will decide his future. If he did decide on Saints our frontline will be tremendous

I personally don't see the need for Fran anymore. In Tade and Hasselbaink and Vine and Higgins we appear to have two good partnerships in the making.

Plus they all seem keen to play for the club. Fran just wants paid. Maybe I'm being harsh, but hey thats my opinion

I personally don't see the need for Fran anymore. In Tade and Hasselbaink and Vine and Higgins we appear to have two good partnerships in the making.

Plus they all seem keen to play for the club. Fran just wants paid. Maybe I'm being harsh, but hey thats my opinion

agreed. if he wanted to play for saint then he would still be.

Where does this idea that somone needs to be desperate to play for Saints to be good come from? Do you think Rowan Vine is desperate to play for Saints? No chance, he is desperate to get his career back on track, and Saints are a good club at which he can do that.

Did Fran want to play for us in the first half of last season, Not at all, didn't stop him being amazing before the transfer window.

Having Fran back would be great

Vine stated that he had heard of other interest but had made his mind up that he wanted to sign for us.

Tade and Hasselbaink have said they are excited at the prospect of playing for us.

It's not the be all and end all but its nice to hear a player who wants to be here

I think the point that Jiangsu Sainty is trying to make is that footballers should not have to be loyal to any club, at the end of the day it's their job and they have every right to hold out for a better job offer. The point is often raised but how loyal would anyone on here be to their employer should another come along and offer more money? I imagine none.

I completely agree that it is nice to have players who want to play for the club being here. Do you think Tade and Hasselbaink would have signed for us if they could have got much more money in Spain? Nope. I am delighted they chose us over rival SPL clubs, and that truly is a mark of how Saints are progressing, but we need to be realistic.

Sean Higgins is not a Saintee. He may be relatively happy to be here, but I will be very surprised if a relatively happy Higgins is more use to us than a somewhat distracted Fran Sandaza

Vine stated that he had heard of other interest but had made his mind up that he wanted to sign for us.

Tade and Hasselbaink have said they are excited at the prospect of playing for us.

It's not the be all and end all but its nice to hear a player who wants to be here

i think after five years vine just wants to be playing football and scoring goals and he has seen what saints ( and other scottish clubs ) have done to turn around careers

Its not so much Vine wanting to be here as we know players will go for the best deal for them but it was Sandaza's almost hawking himself to get away thats the difference for me.

I completely agree with your views on Sandaza if contrasted to how we would ideally like him to be, but not that having a Sandaza, even one hawking himself to get away, would not be a useful addition to the squad.

It is also possible that, as him staying with us would be as a result of failing to get a move, rather than a desire to stay, he may feel he has to impress all over again and will play to the max, compared to in the second half of last season where he was perhaps just waiting for the offers to come in off the back of his good start.

I don't expect him to come back, but I would be delighted if he did